Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > JR Helicopters

JR Helicopters JR Forza, Vibe and Vigor Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2016, 06:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default The SG E12

I haven't been in any rush to finish it but there's very little to do as the airframe was already built. So the servos are on and the FBL unit is on and is partially setup. The spare motors I have right now are a bit high KV but I'll fit one temporarily if I don't find what I'm looking for in the meantime. I'm thinking a good choice is the Scorpion 4525 / 370 but I'm hoping to find a good 2nd hand one, we shall see.

The drivetrain is so silky smooth and has so little drag. The only other helis I have with similarly free-spinning drivetrains are the Kasamas.

Anyway, I'm now keen to get it flying so I'll probably get it finished sometime next week.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060167.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	653220  
HD Cell 750, RJX Vector, TDR, TDSF, Kasama Dune and Faifa, Minicopter Triabolo 700, Beam Avantgarde, JR E8 leggero, Suzi Laos, Shape 9, Shape S8, Rave 450, TRex 500, Raptor E700, Compass Warp, Steam 700, Spirit, Spartan, Jeti.
trillian is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2016, 06:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Tri setup nice. What headspeeds do you intend to run? A 370kv might be a little low I would think, even for a 3 blade, unless you're planning on running very low headspeeds. I would think 450-500kv would be much more well suited.
OXY rep
DCflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2016, 08:00 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCflyer View Post
Tri setup nice. What headspeeds do you intend to run? A 370kv might be a little low I would think, even for a 3 blade, unless you're planning on running very low headspeeds. I would think 450-500kv would be much more well suited.
It will be a matter of finding what works best but I run my Triabolo at 1290 and it works amazingly well at that speed.

With only a 96 tooth main gear it's not easy to get the E12 down into lowish territory. I would think the most I'd want is maybe 1400-1500. So even with the 10 tooth pinion at 370KV my governed headspeed would be 1520, I'd have to run a bit below the Jive sweet spot for anything lower. To get even 1400 would put it at 55% throttle.

--- update, looks like I have a Scorpion 4035/400 coming, so we'll give that a try and see how it goes. ---update 2 - also have a Pyro 700-45 coming now as I was offered a good one 2nd hand.
HD Cell 750, RJX Vector, TDR, TDSF, Kasama Dune and Faifa, Minicopter Triabolo 700, Beam Avantgarde, JR E8 leggero, Suzi Laos, Shape 9, Shape S8, Rave 450, TRex 500, Raptor E700, Compass Warp, Steam 700, Spirit, Spartan, Jeti.

Last edited by trillian; 05-27-2016 at 05:04 AM..
Old 06-01-2016, 02:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

How easy is that head to setup Sheryl?
---- JR Vibe SGE12 Hiroki Ito Scorpion Tribunus 200A 4525 Ultimate Spirit FBL—-Minicopter Diabolo Pyro750-56 Kosmik200 Vbar v5.3 ----- T Rex 700N DFC OS105HZR Spirit FBL --- RJX Vector 700 Pyro750-56 Comp Kosmik 200 ——
malc1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2016, 06:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by malc1 View Post
How easy is that head to setup Sheryl?
It's very easy in my experience thusfar. I have built two other JR heads, the MB 331 and 351 and the fit of all the parts has been perfect, links fit exactly right, not too tight etc.

It did take me quite a while adjusting the links on the 351 head as I just couldn't seem to get all three blades totally matched in pitch but I finally got it close enough to where the tracking looks fine.

On the 331 head I cheated and used a couple turnbuckle links I already had that were close enough to the right size.

The E12 is pretty much ready to fly now, just need to double check a few things in the FBL setup. One thing I discovered once the motor was in is that it is very tail-heavy with anything smaller than 5000mah packs and I like to be able to use 4000s or even 3500s sometimes.

So I have a mod that allows one pack to be mounted in front because otherwise the nose portion under the canopy is completely empty. I can get a good C of G this way with really small packs. For anything about 4500mah and up it's fine with both packs underneath. (the motor wires exit rearwards because originally I was going to put the ESC in back but moved it to the front when I discovered there was a C of G issue.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060181sm.jpg
Views:	826
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	655287  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in