Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCX

mCX Blade (eFlite) Micro CX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2010, 10:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Help! mCX2 problem

First, thanks to anyone who can point me in the right direction. I've searched and can't find my specific problem. I've had my mCX2 about 2 weeks now. I understand how to trim it and all the basics, but this is my first heli besides a Radio Shack special.

Here's how the problem presents itself: I can't get straight forward flight without adding a little right yaw, which makes it fly straight, but in a sideways fashion. If I don't compensate with the yaw, it veers to the left in forward flight. Trying to diagnose the problem, I notice that the upper and lower rotors disengage and stop spinning if you apply any yaw to the heli. Hard to explain, but they don't both stop, just either or with no rhyme or reason. Sometimes it will start up again if I bang the yaw stick and release. I do understand that with the coaxial design, one rotor spins faster than the other to achieve yaw. But that's not what's happening here. I can't feel any binding in either gear/motor set or in the shafts. Thanks for reading and any help you guys can give me.

Last edited by poopile; 11-09-2010 at 07:28 PM..
poopile is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2010, 07:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are you using the RTF stock radio?
AngryTradesman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2010, 07:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTradesman View Post
Are you using the RTF stock radio?
yes
Old 11-10-2010, 09:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I called Horizon yesterday and they couldn't help over the phone. So now I have to send a 1 week old heli back to them. Not starting off on a good foot for me. Even if they make it right, I'm still out 10 or 15 bucks for shipping.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blade mcx2 flight

I recently purchased the mcx2 and notice a similar forward flight characteristic.
Corrected by adding a little right yaw.
I also notice that left hand turns are very quick and speed the mcx2 up. It will also
lose lift and drop after the left turn. Anyone have any info on that? Overall this thing is a great value and is a lot of
fun!!!!
nyawker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2010, 11:04 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey all,

I recently got an mCX2 myself and noticed that in forward flight it kind of "dog tracks" if you will. It does fly straight but with the heli turned just a little bit sideways like. Not sure if this is what you all are experienceing or not. I just figure its just a characteristic of the heli. Other than that its not a real issue and I love flying the thing. I have experienced the too aggresive flight "death roll" thing. Been able to pull out of it most times tho.

Mike
Ferret Dad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2010, 02:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Death roll. I like that.
nyawker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2010, 05:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Set all the trims to center and re-bind.

USAF RETIRED 1968-1988 Vietnam Veteran
Pfloyd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2010, 03:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have set all trims to center and re-binded (is that a word?), which didn't help. I'm having the same problem as the two posters above. I can make it fly straight, but only with constant correction. Which in turn causes the sideways attitude in flight. I would most likely not have noticed this except that it wasn't like that when new. I'm not sending it back and the hobby shop owner says it's normal...what else can I do? Next purchase may be an mSR since my opinion is that this is a characteristic of coaxial helis. I'm just a newbie, so maybe I'm wrong.
Old 11-26-2010, 12:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Don't get discouraged so fast...there are forces beyond your controll effecting the flight of your MCX2...You need just a bit more knowlege of rotational force and your whole experience with coaxial and single rotor flight will change...I am no expert but here is a website that will explain it all and make flying much more fun... If you get into the MSR and a programable transmitter you can mix out these forces with input setting to the appropraite servos...Here is the Link....http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/index.html
fly2day is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2010, 05:09 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yeap, I just got mine brand new (for my son ) and it does the same thing. I moved the links to the longer balls on the swash and this exaggerated the issue. Now I can do the death piro at will. It can slide to the left a lot more than to the right. Basically it looks like it's missing some mixing because the swash doesn't move in a straight fore/aft or left/right tilt when the stick is moved.

I'm going to bind it to my DX6i and see if I can mix up some better flight characteristics. I tried a stock TX (the one that came with my mSR) and it didn't help either. Other than that, I love the little thing.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Any luck getting the MCX2 to fly straight with DX6I tx? I have the same problem and I am getting a DX6I tomorrow.
daskip87 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2010, 01:31 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up Fly FAST & STRAIGHT

I have answers. Hope they work for you.

The slow fast forward flight when using the DX6i radio is caused by not understanding one sentence on page 12 of the instruction manual under the heading "Channel 5 Information". On the DX6i, channel 5 is the Gear/F Mode switch with 0 (GEAR) being OFF and 1 (FMODE) being ON. The problem is that if when you first set up your radio to bind with the MCX2 you selected HELICOPTER as the MODEL TYPE ( like anyone would do since it IS a helicoper ), it will NOT work. Your servo travel will be 15% less than it should be slowing down not only your forward flight but left to right as well. Change you MODEL to AIRPLANE (Really! Try it), then put the GEAR/FMODE switch in the 1 (ON) position and you will really notice the difference in speed and handling.

The tracking issue and somewhat sideways flying (it seems everyone tells the same story...it goes sideways to the left) can be fixed by the MIX 1 setting. Turn it on and select ELEV on the left and AILE ACT on the right. Leave the RATE L at 0% and put +25% on the RATE R. Save the settings and now have a blast flying FAST and STRAIGHT.

If these ideas work, please tell everyone else. Took me months to figure it out. If it doesn't work, my name is Barack Obama.

My MCX2 is now PERFECT for me. I wish you all well.
laccfp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2010, 10:03 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you want to lose the death wobble on sharp turns put on a flybar from the original MCX. They have a longer shaft which improves stability, but you sacrifice some speed. Also the ball link on the new model is positioned closer to the center point of the shaft. Not sure which linkage would work best as the optimum distance between ball links has changed slightly. Try both linkages, see which one works best. 2 of my buddies have gone with hte CF tail boom and weight and that also takes out some of the wobble on turns but at the sacrifice of losing the lights. My one buddy is figuring out how to move the lights into the front canopy.

Later...........................Marty

Merry Xmas
CrashCanuck is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2011, 08:12 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up super setting`s

Quote:
Originally Posted by laccfp View Post
I have answers. Hope they work for you.

The slow fast forward flight when using the DX6i radio is caused by not understanding one sentence on page 12 of the instruction manual under the heading "Channel 5 Information". On the DX6i, channel 5 is the Gear/F Mode switch with 0 (GEAR) being OFF and 1 (FMODE) being ON. The problem is that if when you first set up your radio to bind with the MCX2 you selected HELICOPTER as the MODEL TYPE ( like anyone would do since it IS a helicoper ), it will NOT work. Your servo travel will be 15% less than it should be slowing down not only your forward flight but left to right as well. Change you MODEL to AIRPLANE (Really! Try it), then put the GEAR/FMODE switch in the 1 (ON) position and you will really notice the difference in speed and handling.

The tracking issue and somewhat sideways flying (it seems everyone tells the same story...it goes sideways to the left) can be fixed by the MIX 1 setting. Turn it on and select ELEV on the left and AILE ACT on the right. Leave the RATE L at 0% and put +25% on the RATE R. Save the settings and now have a blast flying FAST and STRAIGHT.

If these ideas work, please tell everyone else. Took me months to figure it out. If it doesn't work, my name is Barack Obama.

My MCX2 is now PERFECT for me. I wish you all well.
All i can say is thnx for the help in making my mcx2 super helli
brock is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2012, 09:53 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey guys, I have just bought the MCX2 too and having the same problem... I tried all the above but still flies to the left! I don't have a programmable controller and I'm not planning on buying one soon.... Just got into this hobby after getting hooked on a bestbuy cheap heli then the scout and then this! I love it but I wish it could fly straight !
Any other tips?? I live in Canada and shipping back to Horizon is pain in the a$$...

Cheers,
biker007 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2012, 09:10 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

I bought the mcx2 for x-mas as well. I truly believe this is just a trait of this specific aircraft. Way to many people are have the issue of it dog legging left. Certainly is is an issue blade should look at but to spend money and send it back for a new one IMO is a waste of your money. I believe the new one will do the same.
Hozman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2012, 12:48 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

It sounds like a very common issue on this heli! I haven't tried the high setting yet, I'm going to change it today and see if it makes a difference...
Old 01-11-2012, 11:09 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just as an update.. it flies a little better, from drifting to the left prespective, with the advanced setting.. I think it will take a bit to get used to.. But I think that Horizon should definitely look into this issue as so many users reporting it...
Old 01-11-2012, 06:17 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

If it is drifting either right or left, the left servo rods needs to be adjusted (looking from the rear!), if you trimmed it out and it doesn't help. Also, one of the motors may be going bad.....could be they put a bad batch into a bunch of helis. Happens.

USAF RETIRED 1968-1988 Vietnam Veteran
Pfloyd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in