Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics > 2.4G Spektrum Radios

2.4G Spektrum Radios Spektrum 2.4 Gigahertz Radios and Technology

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2015, 06:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DX7 G2 Questions PLEASE HELP

I purchased DX7 G2 I have questions.

1. How long do I need to charge my new radio? and How will I know if its fully charged? (This radio means a lot to me, I don't want to over charge its battery)

2. Can I use it with my phoenix simulator everyday? won't it affect anything? like the radio's RF? I mean I don't want to break anything or have system errors when I Fly in real life.

3. Can someone please teach me how to set this up with my phoenix sim (current version of my sim 4.0J and my DX7 is 1.00
AdrianXD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2015, 08:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

There are no lights on the DX7 for the charging status. It takes maybe 8-10 hours to fully charge, and the charger will know enough to stop when it's done. The battery voltage will be around 8.3-8.4 on the display when you first turn it on after a full charge.

You can use it with a simulator such as Phoenix. You won't affect the RF radio at all. There were issues with the DX9's and the display going bad, coincidentally, when used with the simulator or a training cable. I haven't read about the DX7 having the same issue.

Set up a new model on the DX7 for use with Phoenix. If you only fly planes in the sim, you can use an airplane (acro) model. If you want to be able to fly helis as well, use a heli model. You can leave most of the settings on the transmitter on their defaults, although you can modify things like dual rate, expo, or throttle or pitch curves to your liking.

Tell Phoenix you have a Spektrum DX8 and it will work fine. Choosing a transmitter in Phoenix simply tells it which brand you have and how many channels to expect. It's not critical for Phoenix to know exactly which one you really have. Then go through the transmitter calibration wizard as it guides you.

You'll also want to register your transmitter at SpektrumRC.com and then update your firmware from 1.00 to the latest version. The transmitter will start reminding you to do that soon. You must register in order to update firmware, as the download you get is specific to your serial number.
flightengr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2015, 08:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you for your reply this really helps me. I'm not using my DX7 in the sim. because I'm afraid I might ruin this expensive Tx but thanks to you for clearing things up.

So the charger is like automatic? and will stop if the Tx is full charged?

Yes! I did registered my Radio with Spektrum but I can't install the updates yet because I don't have SD card.

Sorry to ask but is it necessary for me to always have my DX7 updated to the latest version/Airware?
Old 09-02-2015, 09:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, the charger is automatic and it will know when to stop.

You do not have to keep upgrading the transmitter unless you want to. They sort of force you to do it once because it will start reminding you to upgrade while you're on version 1.00. Other versions do not do that. They're just trying to encourage people to register and be aware of the upgrade process. Each upgrade will come with release notes that explain what changed, so you can decide if the upgrade makes any changes in how you use the transmitter.
Old 09-02-2015, 09:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you for letting me know those stuff.
By the way I did try to set up new model with my sim. but after all the steps. I tried the sim and the helicopter is not acting normal -__- I really need some help like step by step. where can I find such instructions?
Old 09-02-2015, 09:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I see that you've found the Phoenix section on Helifreak... that's where I would have suggested you look for more information.

It may help to post some more details about what is not working. The DX7 will work, so you're not fighting a losing battle. It's just a matter of figuring out what you might be doing that's not what the program is expecting.

Since you want to fly helis in the sim, make sure you're using a heli model on the transmitter. For now, start off with a plain, default heli model until you get the transmitter working with Phoenix. The best advice I can offer is to follow the instructions in the calibration wizard as exactly as possible. About all you can really change in Phoenix are the type of transmitter (lie to it and choose DX8) and then performing the calibration steps.
Old 09-03-2015, 10:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Flightegnr. Please help me i just bought micro sd card adapter. Is that compatible with my Dx7? I want to get rid of the prompt of registrating my radio.
Old 09-03-2015, 01:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Adrian
Yes. A micro SD in an adapter is my first choice. The micro cards seem to be a little more robust than a full size SD.
Class 6 SDHC is what Ive had the best luck with.
HELIFREAK !!!
aerocal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in