Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2008, 03:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default CopterX tail and head installed

To make a long story short, I had to steel from Bob to give to John and Paul. Paul (guru-z cp) needed a tail assymbly so on went the belt cp tail. The king 2 I had just got done buying a bare bones model for parts, namely the head. I bolted the brand new head on and promptly broke it in 2 minutes. Being fed up with the week bits of that head, I again stole bits from the belt cp and life was good.

Except one thing. My belt cp can't fly with out a head or tail. To dealxtreme from a tail and ebay for a copter x head. Parts I finally ended up using was a king 2 shaft, king 2 fins and a mish mosh of some other bits I had kicking around.

The hard choice came with what to do with the swash plate. Do i buy a new one or relocated that anti rotation plate. Relocating the anti rotation seemed to be the cheapest solution so after a little drilling and a little heating, that was done.

I will stay for my style of flying (hovering) I can't really say it's any better but it sure looks pretty. The only thing left to do is to buy some proper blades since I had to mod the b400 blades I was using to get them to fit.

Advertisement

Old 11-03-2008, 03:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi Zore
You will be very happy about your setup, some new sg90's and your heli will be very manageble
Old 11-15-2008, 04:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

so does the copterx tail just drop-in??
Is there anything that needs to be changed?....and did you use the esky belt or the copterx belt that came with the tail (if one did).
And im hearing that the stock belt cp mian blades dont fit in the main head...is this true?? what about flybar paddles?

Thanks, Daniel
legine is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2008, 07:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nice work there, Zore. Any chance of a close-up of the front mounted AR guide, and details on how you did it? I'm sure many Belt CP users would love to avoid the cost of an extra swashplate, and that looks like one of the cleanest installations I've seen so far.
T-Rex 600NP, T-Rex 500 ESP, HDX500 SE V2, HDX450 SE V3, T-Rex/Outrage SE V2, EXI450, T-Rex 250, CopterX/Guru-Z hybrid, HBFP separates, Lama V4, 2 x Walkera 4#3B
another_finn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2008, 06:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm doing the exact same thing today - putting in a CopterX head and tail. I see you used the main shaft that came with the head. Its different from the stock shaft. I was having problems fitting it because in the copterX shaft, the "stopper" groove is lower than the stock groove and goes where the it hits the bearing so that wont work.
I'll check this again.
Oh yea, also working on the AR thing, not sure how to fix that after my DTS mod.
alan-31 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2008, 11:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan-31 View Post
I was having problems fitting it because in the copterX shaft, the "stopper" groove is lower than the stock groove and goes where the it hits the bearing so that wont work.
Isnt that why you are supposed to flip the shaft around before installing??
and what flybar paddles are you using....stock??

Thanks, Daniel
legine is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2008, 09:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yup, I did find out if I flipped it around, the groove wasnt in the way of the bearing anymore, its below the bearing now. Flybar paddles, yea, I'll be using stock. I hope they fit, I havent tried them on yet.
I'm wrestling now with the servo links due to the DTS mod I'm trying to do and figuring out where to hold the swash plate steady. Its all a gamble. I have no idea if this is going to work or if I'm doing it correctly. I guess I'll find out.
Atleast my servos are all SG90 so thats good. The CopterX head and tail is beautiful and finely made - just how it should be. There's a seroius defect in the stock tail where the blade hinges are. I cant believe any company would make something like that. In plain words, where there should be a ball and socket hinge, these guys decided a simple screw would do. The result is that it stresses and bends the structure when the assembly moves to the extremes.
Now lets hope my DTS mod works with the new head.
alan-31 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2009, 09:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by zore View Post
To make a long story short, I had to steel from Bob to give to John and Paul. Paul (guru-z cp) needed a tail assymbly so on went the belt cp tail. The king 2 I had just got done buying a bare bones model for parts, namely the head. I bolted the brand new head on and promptly broke it in 2 minutes. Being fed up with the week bits of that head, I again stole bits from the belt cp and life was good.

Except one thing. My belt cp can't fly with out a head or tail. To dealxtreme from a tail and ebay for a copter x head. Parts I finally ended up using was a king 2 shaft, king 2 fins and a mish mosh of some other bits I had kicking around.

The hard choice came with what to do with the swash plate. Do i buy a new one or relocated that anti rotation plate. Relocating the anti rotation seemed to be the cheapest solution so after a little drilling and a little heating, that was done.

I will stay for my style of flying (hovering) I can't really say it's any better but it sure looks pretty. The only thing left to do is to buy some proper blades since I had to mod the b400 blades I was using to get them to fit.

Zore - Your heli looks so cool. Would you please tell me how you did the AR relocation? Any close-up picture available? Thanls
don99 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2009, 10:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Man i know i recently saw somebody post a close up of that mod. Mmm can't remember where i saw it. I think Karen was involved in the thread though. Maybe she knows.

edit:Well this isn't the one i was thinking of but it is Karen's bird and a good close up. Can you guys see the pic. if not here is the thread.
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...=124124&page=8
Old 03-15-2009, 10:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Looks like a fantastic bird!

Are you also still on 72mhz? Glad to see some company!

Karen
"Tarbosaurus" HDX-450 SE v4 flown 96x crashed 7x 2221-8 v2; D202MGs; 2100T+DS290G belt cp 450 fl/cr 35:11x HK-450fl/cr 22:4 e-smart 600 fl/cr 13:1 Lama V4 fl 7 HK-T500 fl/cr 5:1 3026-1210; HS-225MGs DX6i Total flights: 171; crashes: 24 "Accident Free for 1 Flights!" --- www.tarbosaurus.org
nasukaren is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2009, 08:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

i think you could use this swash to keep your AR braket in its stock location
http://www.cnchelicopter.com/servlet...-CP-CNC/Detail
RR24 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2009, 08:06 AM   #12 (permalink)

Here are a few pics of my DTS mod that show the AR bracket,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF6972.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	87063   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF6967.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	87064   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF6975.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	87065  
jmy2u is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2010, 08:22 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

sorry for the really late reply on this thread. If anyone is interested in how i did the relocation, all i did was drill 2 holes in the frame on either side. I ended up buying a swash plate a few weeks ago for 31 dollars as I didn't feel the plastic was thick enough in the location.

Jmy2u did what I did. The tail is a drop in and as far as I can remember, so was the head. I'm just now getting back in to flying.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:20 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I did it alittle different , I kept the original swashplate to the copterX head saved some time, nice colour compo
Old 04-27-2010, 03:34 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

nice option there,
I did the CNC head option , and DTS modes using servo trays option.
However, I do have a nice NEW copterx head xcomplete, ready to drop in if needed.
I eventually gave up on the ESKY electrononics, especially when doing these mods, trying to fit Alien Command Advanced, etc etc ....
I now have a DX7, and receivers, so hopefully I will be over all these minor issues , just because of the esky electronics.

I would expect that the CNS head upgrade eventually turns out to be a downgrade !!, as it seems hard to actually get individual parts, and I think the standard ESKY plastic head is probably just as good , if not better !!
Anyway, once this one breaks, I will definitely goto the Copterx head.
Besides, I have one waiting in the wings !!
chansen1953 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2010, 07:21 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I didn't do the dts mod, but the copter x head made a good enough difference. I then put the belt cp head on my king II.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:59 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Not sure if someone mentioned this but the tail belt pitch and spacing on a copterx/trex 450 upgrade is different than the stock belt cp... so make sure to change the main belt drive pulley to something compatible or else you will have slippage issues. This is what I used, worked out great. Just pop off the old plastic one use the small gear on the right and your golden.

http://www.cnchelicopter.com/servlet...et-with/Detail
bigdawg86 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in