Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Zeal Rotor Blades

Zeal Rotor Blades Zeal Rotor Blades Support and Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2015, 09:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Disappointed...

I bought my first 2 sets of Zeal. 1 set of 600mm and 1 set of 700.

I installed a set of 600 today on my 600n. The finish of the blades is not good at all: numbers edges are not well defined and the carbon fiber pattern is uneven. On the bottom, the 'Zeal' logo is much darker than pictures used on websites selling these blades or even Zeal website. Also, on 1 blade the brass bushing was 0.5mm narrow on one end. Impossible to get the screw through. I had to sand it. Blades are 142g+ each, not 132g as per Zeal website. Same for root thickness, they are 12mm, not 10mm.

I have not opened the set of 700 but hope it will be better. Looking forward to fly them too. Very disappointed so far.

Does anyone had the same issues or I am unlucky and got a bad set?
RontaryUS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2015, 09:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had these come in my Oxy3 kit . Very bad finish on them .
Zeal wouldnt step up and replace them . But Oxy did
will Be nice when someone else makes some 255mm blades .
I also Have a set of ZEAL 325s that are not balanced well at all .
Here is my post on them
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=687026
super bad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2015, 07:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RontaryUS View Post
I bought my first 2 sets of Zeal. 1 set of 600mm and 1 set of 700.

I installed a set of 600 today on my 600n. The finish of the blades is not good at all: numbers edges are not well defined and the carbon fiber pattern is uneven. On the bottom, the 'Zeal' logo is much darker than pictures used on websites selling these blades or even Zeal website. Also, on 1 blade the brass bushing was 0.5mm narrow on one end. Impossible to get the screw through. I had to sand it. Blades are 142g+ each, not 132g as per Zeal website. Same for root thickness, they are 12mm, not 10mm.

I have not opened the set of 700 but hope it will be better. Looking forward to fly them too. Very disappointed so far.

Does anyone had the same issues or I am unlucky and got a bad set?

It is very possible you got a bad set. Take pics of everything that is wrong and im sure they will help you out. They are a newer company so please be patient. There are new blades coming out soon as im sure you have heard and you will NOT be disappointed. I know that doesnt help your situation now so just send them "proof" of the defects. If you dont hear anything in a few days after let me know (PM me) and i will try to get there attention for you.
Old 04-03-2015, 08:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks DarkSyd3D, will shoot them an email.

Hard to take pictures showing the bad black finish that is obvious when you see them in real. See pictures of bad numbering edges. The other is not a flash light thing but really bad finish. They look like the ones you can see in Superbad post when you follow his link in post number 2.

I opened and installed the set of 700mm. The finish is better but still some issues: the bushings where you bolt the blades were not fully inserted, making it impossible to install the blades with shims. They were hard to push in, I thought I would crack the blades...The 700mm are heavier (20g) than the specs on the website like the 600mm...

Still have to fly them, I hope they are awesome and will make me forget about the finish and other issues...

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428110755.336209.jpg
Views:	909
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	578099

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428110842.916071.jpg
Views:	901
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	578101
Old 04-05-2015, 09:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs down

same here, very dissapointing.

i have bought 3x sets of 380er blades, the first 2x sets were bought around february, both sets couldn't be fold because of to thick root, a zeal-rep claimed only 20x sets were out on the wild with this issue, no biggie i filed them down. last week i bought another set of 380er zeal and again i got another set with to thick root to fold them in the blade grips... i guess i am just unlucky, eh?...so 3 of 20 faulty blade sets for me, thats a very bad luck if you ask me.

the finish wasn't perfect but good enough for me, balance was fine no need for tape at all.

i emailed them where to buy some sets of 210er blades in my country and got a very rude answer, my first thought was sorry i asked about your product and dealers...
anyway i bought 2x sets of 210er blades, the finish was bad and they were totally unbalanced, though the CoG was very close. i had my first tipover on spool down after applying some tape the wobble on spool down were gone. the good thing about the 210er zeal is, i like them how they fly

my conclusion is i will look elsewhere in the future

BLHeli with locator beacon now!
honkytown is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2015, 05:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wrote and got an answer from zeal telling they will try to control quality better. They also encouraged me to buy the new Energy blades claiming quality is better. Doesn't seem like it based on previous post.

Also, their answer didn't solve my problem...I do have really bad blades in hands I paid premium price for.

I have the solution: i will walk away from Zeal and never buy again and will encourage my fellow flyers to do the same!
Old 04-06-2015, 03:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RontaryUS View Post
Thanks DarkSyd3D, will shoot them an email.

Hard to take pictures showing the bad black finish that is obvious when you see them in real. See pictures of bad numbering edges. The other is not a flash light thing but really bad finish. They look like the ones you can see in Superbad post when you follow his link in post number 2.

I opened and installed the set of 700mm. The finish is better but still some issues: the bushings where you bolt the blades were not fully inserted, making it impossible to install the blades with shims. They were hard to push in, I thought I would crack the blades...The 700mm are heavier (20g) than the specs on the website like the 600mm...

Still have to fly them, I hope they are awesome and will make me forget about the finish and other issues...

Attachment 578099

Attachment 578101

This seems to be their most common QC issue, and it's a royal pain in the ass.

Lynx Team Pilot
Pitch-Itch is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2015, 03:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

hi all

Sorry for the issue, we do have lots of things to learn and we will do it right. If you are having issue with the blades and want to return for new sets, we will send you new one. Please email us and we will work it out for you.
ZEALBLADES is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2015, 05:14 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks, but no thanks!
It's not worth the time & money for me to send them back and waiting + hoping the outcome would be like advertised this time. It's a (too)long way from europe to north america.

p.s. yeah, i am sorry too.

BLHeli with locator beacon now!

Last edited by honkytown; 04-11-2015 at 05:15 AM.. Reason: yeah, i am sorry too.
honkytown is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2015, 10:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

well I don't know what to think about zeal , pretty much says here they suck , BUT I saw 380 and 570 goblins today flying them , looked good and the pilot liked them he said, and hes a pretty good flyer ...
I wanted to try a set on my 700 goblin , but don't know what to think ?? any input zeal ?
Dennis Everett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2015, 06:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

I flew the 520s and the 350s. Finish sucks and i honestly didnt care for them went back to align newer blades
skyeboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2015, 04:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Angry

Also Disappointed!
Bought two pairs ZEAL Energy Carbon Fiber Main Blades 380mm. Got them today.
One pair seems good (Yellow), but Red is really sucks! Especially one blade. Very visible craters across edges.
Pair has different root thickness (5,12mm and 4,91mm) Different thickness at the ends! This Red pair looks like blades are not really new, but was laying somewhere in garbage before was packed.
Just look at pictures!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20150414_220917.jpg
Views:	577
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	580214   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150414_220857.jpg
Views:	678
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	580215  
3Daemon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2015, 12:19 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Daemon View Post
Also Disappointed!
Bought two pairs ZEAL Energy Carbon Fiber Main Blades 380mm. Got them today.
One pair seems good (Yellow), but Red is really sucks! Especially one blade. Very visible craters across edges.
Pair has different root thickness (5,12mm and 4,91mm) Different thickness at the ends! This Red pair looks like blades are not really new, but was laying somewhere in garbage before was packed.
Just look at pictures!
Got similar issue, visible craters, with ZEAL 360mm. The bolt hole of each blade was also smaller than the bolt, therefore I can't even install it. Sent them back to HD for a refund. I'm sticking with RJX blades. No issues, and come perfectly balanced.
dgunawan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2015, 02:00 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs down me too

A purchased a pair of 700's for my blade 700X and it seemed to make it vibe and had to lower my gains to make it fly smooth, they did have a good pop, they were 15g heavier than the web site claimed, i went back to spin red tips and the heli flies much smoother and better. I got a pair of 350's for my 450L and had the same thought, seems to make it vibe a bit and is less stable, went to the edge 353 and it flew much better. i put some 600mm yellow zeals on my trex 550 stretch and it gave it a right roll because of the extra vibrations, aligns flew much better, I put a set of 570 on my goblin 570 and they fly good, running at 2650 rpm with good results, they have more pop than the stock sab blades but i dont have many other options for the 570 size. I actually liked them on my 180cfx, i got the energy editions in green and they flew great, i crashed them and they delaminated so i got a set of the new rail blades and they are a bit smoother and faster but not as much cyclic response as the zeals, i will not buy them for anything larger than the 180 at least untill they fix there QC issues, the price and color made me buy them but not any more, sorry zeal, you are not the new edge, far from it in my opinion.
Blade 700X w/ Silverline vbar and outrage torq servos with a Scorpion 4235- 520kv, T-Rex 550 stretch on 8s with scorpion and align 600mm, SAB Goblin 570 on 12S with a scorpion and a silverline, .Trex 450L Dominator on 6S and a blueline.
steve54 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2015, 03:52 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am glad I didn't buy the new version of their blades they encouraged me to buy stating 'the quality is much better' as a response to the email I sent to describe my issues. What a joke!
Old 04-15-2015, 07:13 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

They sent me some replacement blades for my 255mm and 325mm
They are the same way poor quality finish
the 325 blades are one off Red energy blade that they will not be selling to the public . They also have the bushings not centered in the blade and the balance is off . I have sent 2 emails on these blades with no reply
super bad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2015, 05:23 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hmm... It seems they on the way to hell with such quality...
Awaiting replacement, will see. If no answers or same bad quality - this company will die for my
3Daemon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2015, 08:31 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

I didn't ask for replacement. I demanded refund. Better to find the money on other, better quality blades.
dgunawan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2015, 10:47 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

we in thailand has about 30 flyers using zeal blades.. 100% are happy with the blades, cosmetics wise is not perfect but flying performance is 100% superb .

compare to rjx blades, zeal win hands down. rjx is softer where zeal is hard and fart so loud . we love the 700mm , 520mm and 360mm energy series.

compare Halo to zeal , its still way to go for zeal. for the prices and flying .

many of us move to zeal frm rjx and never look back.
Xfreak3D is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2015, 10:11 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quite frankly I could care less about folks who are happy with their Zeals, and where they live. Fact is, the quality/balance of the blades I received is substandard and so is their customer service. I will not be wasting my money on them again.
mike4406 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in