Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2009, 08:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Tail snapping to the right on belt cp

Wondering if someone has experienced anything like this. I got a new Telebee gyro for my Belt CP about a month ago. I was having issues with my esky hh gyro so I thought I'd replace it with the new version telebee as I'd heard it was an excellent gyro. Since I've installed the gyro my tail seems to snap to the right while in a hover. It's not the typical wagging you get from too much gain. It's just a sudden approximate 1 inch snap to the right. Not enough to throw the heli out of control. The tail still holds tight but periodically it snaps to the right. Occasionally you can see the tail servo horn suddenly move in one direction when the heli is plugged in (not in a hover). The tail servo I'm using is the DS290G. Not sure if it's something related to the gyro or the servo. Could it be a bad Telebee gyro I got from HeliDirect? If so, might they replace it after 30 day? Has anyone come across a problem like this?
byter182 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2009, 11:25 PM   #2 (permalink)

Almost sounds like interference. But I wouldn't have a doubt in my mind it's the servo or gyro.

Plugin one of the other servos into the gyro, and leave it sitting on the desk for a few moments, enough to see if it does the same thing as the current tail servo, if it does, we have confirmed it's not the servo but a gyro related issue.

Just for kicks and giggles, I'd check all your cables and wires for the gyro and servo. Ensure we got no snagged wires or explode wires from the insulation, as that's an antenna for interference.

I'd say ensure it's not vibrations but it's happening when the heli is completely still and stationary, so this is definitely an electrical issue/defect.

Helidirect are amazing and offer great CS. I've had my HDX motor for 4-7 months, broke a shaft in it and they replaced it.
B2TheEYo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2009, 12:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lube your tail belt and see if it goes away, might be static related.
Trex250se
msr
Tomstoy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2009, 12:49 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by byter182 View Post
Occasionally you can see the tail servo horn suddenly move in one direction when the heli is plugged in (not in a hover).
This part of your question I can anwser, if you look in your manual on the top first page there is a warning that if the gyro is started in HH the servo horn may sometimes swing out.
Try starting your heli in rate mode and switch to HH at low rpm before take-off
Old 11-13-2009, 11:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Also check that the tailbelt isnīt loose.
Ber60 have made a nice video on how to check belt tension, itīs in the super sticky.

RC Heli Lounge on Discord : https://discord.gg/92HmhxWK
Tjomp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2009, 05:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ber60 View Post
This part of your question I can anwser, if you look in your manual on the top first page there is a warning that if the gyro is started in HH the servo horn may sometimes swing out.
Try starting your heli in rate mode and switch to HH at low rpm before take-off
I agree that you should try this also. You said the tail holds tight and its an "occasional " hard snap. Losse belts ect would more than likly have a continues effect on the tail IMO.
Starscreem is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2009, 08:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I appreciate all your suggestions. I tried lubing and tightening the belt and starting the gyro in HH mode unfortunately all to no avail. The gyro is still doing the same thing - snapping to one side. I've concluded that the telebee is just defective and have sent it back to the vendor. I've progressively replaced various parts of my belt cp with copterX and t-rex parts. My belt cp is starting to look more like a t-rex w/the exception of the main frame and rotorhead. Therefore, based your forum suggestion I will soon be purchasing a t-rex clone kit. In that case I'm gonna want a more reliable gyro capable of 3D action. So I went and ordered a Logitech 2100T. I'm tired of fiddling w/low end gyros only to wind up with substandard head holding characteristics.

Anyone can suggest which t-rex clone kit is better - the CopterX AE 450 V2 from eHirobo or the EXI Aluminum 450 V2 from xHeli?
byter182 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2009, 10:27 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I vote the CopterX kit
Old 11-23-2009, 02:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

not owned either yet, but theres a thread in here somewhere recent about getting the carbon + cnc EXI hit from xheli that ends up being less than the CX AE with either $5 off or free shipping coupons. FYI.
Blade mCPX BL | MultiWii Quadrotor
branflake is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2010, 07:05 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Me Too

byter182, I have exactly the same symptom on my Belt CP V2. I haven't checked if it's happening on the bench yet. I'm using a e-tech G105 gyro and a synergy tail servo, so that's not the problem. I've had it for a while now, since new gyro was installed I think, and pretty much ignored it. I'm a learner hoverer so it didn't hurt.

Except yesterday, I had new thing, where the collective glitched to full down for a split second and then back to where it was, just like the tail does. It was enough to throw the heli down onto the ground, but luckily the heli was 2 metres up (6 feet), so there was enough room for the downward speed to bleed off before the ground got in the way.

No damage done, but a big wake-up call was heard. There's clearly something wrong electrically, I'm thinking static, any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Adventurer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2010, 06:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventurer View Post
byter182, I have exactly the same symptom on my Belt CP V2. I haven't checked if it's happening on the bench yet. I'm using a e-tech G105 gyro and a synergy tail servo, so that's not the problem. I've had it for a while now, since new gyro was installed I think, and pretty much ignored it. I'm a learner hoverer so it didn't hurt.

Except yesterday, I had new thing, where the collective glitched to full down for a split second and then back to where it was, just like the tail does. It was enough to throw the heli down onto the ground, but luckily the heli was 2 metres up (6 feet), so there was enough room for the downward speed to bleed off before the ground got in the way.

No damage done, but a big wake-up call was heard. There's clearly something wrong electrically, I'm thinking static, any other suggestions would be appreciated.
I had a similar problem last year and for me it was my stock FM receiver. I took the receiver apart and found a loose piece on the PCB. I bought a new receiver and it fixed the problem, for me anyway.
scout2of3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2010, 04:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yep, I had an interesting experience where if I reached for the heli and obstructed the radio, all the servos would start moving erratically. When I took my hand away, all was well again. I opened the radio, and I'm convinced that it was assembled by a welding student, big gobs of solder and dry joints everywhere. I think that the aerial is purely decoration.
Old 10-02-2010, 04:59 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just after posting this, one of my servos started acting up and died. (Third one in two months) So the theory around here is that the dying servo was generating interference. I've replaced all the cyclic servos now, so we'll see.

I'll report back after my next flight tomorrow.
Old 10-03-2010, 03:27 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ok, the tail snapping thing - gone.

The bird is still glitching in mid flight, not a lot but about once or twice per flight, roughly in the middle of the flight. Really bad ones, drops the bird about 2 metres.

Count me confused.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in