Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > HBFP V1/V2

HBFP V1/V2 E-Sky Honey Bee V1 & V2 Fixed Pitch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2011, 02:03 PM   #141 (permalink)
Registered Users

Before to long your gonna be a regular ol planker and sell your Trex for planker funds!!!

Old 07-17-2011, 03:28 PM   #142 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

lol to tell you the truth i have alot more fun with the planes but no the trex isnt going anywhere nor is my Bee...the 120sr though may be going up soon as i never fly it anymore.

just picked up the new plane, now i understand what the hype is about balsa planes. this is bigger than the extra but about half the weight. i feel like i am going to break it transporting it. Not sure when i will work up the courage to actually fly it going to need to put alot more time in on the extra300 and get comfortable with that and mainly landing.

shadow102 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2011, 07:46 PM   #143 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice planes shadow!

my buddy came over tonight with his Mustang....that thing is freaky huge!!!! He also picked up RealFlight from a guy for cheap, so he's got some work todo before flying that thing!!! I can't imagine crashing it with all that balsa!!!
I post picks tomorrow.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:40 PM   #144 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default The foamy shop is opened!

Rain all weekend Grrrrr. No Heli for me!

But. I spent today re-arranging my shop. Totally cleaned the gargage. Set 6' ft of toolbench completely clear. Got a building board. 36" rule. 18" machinist rule, new square, new Exacto blades. Charged up the dremel. Got Gorilla glue, Loaded up the glue gun, got foam safe CNA. Carbon fibre. Depron foam. New Neon lights up above. Cleaned up the garage stereo.

Ordered a matching motor, esc, HXT 900 servo's, Control horns, Aileron tape, Ez- connetors, Servo mounts from DW Foamies.

Spending some time on the net reading about Foamy building and getting educated.

Need that 3D foamy to learn inverted and just plain putz around!
Chris Arena is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2011, 09:38 AM   #145 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

my buddy chasing my Cheap N Easy with his

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpNEoRr4vJc[/ame]
Old 07-18-2011, 10:23 AM   #146 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Arena View Post
Rain all weekend Grrrrr. No Heli for me!

But. I spent today re-arranging my shop. Totally cleaned the gargage. Set 6' ft of toolbench completely clear. Got a building board. 36" rule. 18" machinist rule, new square, new Exacto blades. Charged up the dremel. Got Gorilla glue, Loaded up the glue gun, got foam safe CNA. Carbon fibre. Depron foam. New Neon lights up above. Cleaned up the garage stereo.

Ordered a matching motor, esc, HXT 900 servo's, Control horns, Aileron tape, Ez- connetors, Servo mounts from DW Foamies.

Spending some time on the net reading about Foamy building and getting educated.

Need that 3D foamy to learn inverted and just plain putz around!

AWESOME MAN!!!!
Old 07-18-2011, 10:00 PM   #147 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

rain canceled any flying i was going to do this evening so i broke out the couple squares of depron i had and went at it, got further than i planed to. Just need to put the other elevon on, servo, rod and make some uprights for the rear. No idea how well its going to fly or if it will fly at all but it kept me busy for an evening lol.

Old 07-19-2011, 06:58 AM   #148 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow102 View Post
rain canceled any flying i was going to do this evening so i broke out the couple squares of depron i had and went at it, got further than i planed to. Just need to put the other elevon on, servo, rod and make some uprights for the rear. No idea how well its going to fly or if it will fly at all but it kept me busy for an evening lol.

not bad...i'd just be worried about the lack of wing area...i'd extend the rear section out a bit maybe..make a wider wing area....but with no vertical tailfin it may have some directional issue when you turn...worth an attempt at least! keep us updated!
Old 07-19-2011, 07:18 AM   #149 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

finished it up lastnight i added the vertical rear tail fin. worst case i smash it to pieced and rebuild it on a larger scale with some foam board
Old 07-19-2011, 07:36 AM   #150 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
finished it up lastnight i added the vertical rear tail fin. worst case i smash it to pieced and rebuild it on a larger scale with some foam board
lol! with a vertical tail i think you will be fine...basicially you built a chean n easy but with elevons..lot of people have tried it and it flies great...just gonna be fast to keep it flying...good luck!!
Old 07-19-2011, 11:21 AM   #151 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks good Shadow, I have enough Depron left over to build one of those too!!!!

Once I get my mig completed and my buddy does as well, and you have teh CAE, it will be a ball to chase each other around the sky!!

Hopefully I will have time to glue the MIG tonight....been so busy with work and fam havent had time to even set foot in the shop lately...
Old 07-19-2011, 11:32 AM   #152 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdkiller View Post
Looks good Shadow, I have enough Depron left over to build one of those too!!!!

Once I get my mig completed and my buddy does as well, and you have teh CAE, it will be a ball to chase each other around the sky!!

Hopefully I will have time to glue the MIG tonight....been so busy with work and fam havent had time to even set foot in the shop lately...
hit me up anytime if you have any questions about it bud...wish you were closer...could bring my 2 migs out for some fun!
Old 07-19-2011, 01:03 PM   #153 (permalink)
Registered Users

OH man, I know!! We would have a blast!!

You should relocate to ATL man!! LOL
Old 07-19-2011, 01:05 PM   #154 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ive been trying to upload a couple pictures I took of my buddies Hanger 9 Mustang, but for some reason it wont let me upload!?!

Dan, Can I email them to you and see if you can up load them for me??
Old 07-19-2011, 01:25 PM   #155 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdkiller View Post
Ive been trying to upload a couple pictures I took of my buddies Hanger 9 Mustang, but for some reason it wont let me upload!?!

Dan, Can I email them to you and see if you can up load them for me??
totally....send em my way...
Old 07-19-2011, 02:34 PM   #156 (permalink)
Registered Users

here are the pics from BK's buddy's mustang....nice!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mail.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	241108   Click image for larger version

Name:	mail2.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	241109  
Old 07-19-2011, 07:45 PM   #157 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

sweet just need to yank the slimer out and put some good ole electric power in lol

anyway tried flying my homemade concoction today...didnt go so hot. it got a little flight but i think i over estimated the controls because even after the first crash when i turned down my dual rates it was still way too much and i ended up breaking the plane. so i think i will be stopping by hobby town to pick up some foam hobby board, a little heavier but very stiff, and try again with a little bigger
Old 07-19-2011, 08:53 PM   #158 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
sweet just need to yank the slimer out and put some good ole electric power in lol

anyway tried flying my homemade concoction today...didnt go so hot. it got a little flight but i think i over estimated the controls because even after the first crash when i turned down my dual rates it was still way too much and i ended up breaking the plane. so i think i will be stopping by hobby town to pick up some foam hobby board, a little heavier but very stiff, and try again with a little bigger
i always set my control surfaces up to the max on my planes..and sometimes it doesn't go well lol!
Old 07-20-2011, 07:48 PM   #159 (permalink)
Registered Users

WOW awefully quite around here today!!

I hope to post a vid of me maidening the mig by next weekend, still have a few more parts to get..
Old 07-20-2011, 08:33 PM   #160 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

stupid weather has kept me inside, i have off tomorrow though so i am going to try and fly before the rain kicks up again

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in