Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Electric Helicopters

Electric Helicopters Dedicated to larger than Micro/Mini Electric Helicopters of any Brand

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2012, 06:59 PM   #521 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

kewl congrats
1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
AtTheCross is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2012, 07:12 PM   #522 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry to hear about your flights today ATC, two birds in one day is a real bummer, ouch. But I guess thats why we stay in this hobby is to build, fly, crash and rebuild again. It's been sooo- long, i can't wait to crash again, forgot whats it like. I'm sure a refresher course is not far ahead.

Ice
icecycler is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2012, 07:28 PM   #523 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

lol, yeah, endless cycle. jc500 has my 'walk of shame' video coming, should be up in about an hour or so
1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:05 PM   #524 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

this is the second flight trying a loop after a successful one the first battery, the ugly one in this video doesn't count, but the 7/8 one does

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHRpzCQ0kqc&feature=colike[/ame]

thanks jc500
Old 01-16-2012, 11:00 PM   #525 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheCross View Post
this is the second flight trying a loop after a successful one the first battery, the ugly one in this video doesn't count, but the 7/8 one does

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHRpz...feature=colike

thanks jc500
Heli-Farming, should be a good crop come spring.
OnGuard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2012, 11:40 PM   #526 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

lol, stop it at :51 seconds and you can see the 'crater' where the skids hit
Old 01-17-2012, 06:57 AM   #527 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Gear to hear you’re back ICE, looking forward to seeing the man cave restoration project.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:58 AM   #528 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just watched the video again, man you aren’t kidding, that’s one serious crater. With all that freshly turned soil, you’re sure to have a bumper crop in the spring.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:44 PM   #529 (permalink)
Registered Users

You guys are going to get me in trouble. Parts have started to arrive, the FC head and the Align 90 deg swash. Man are they sizable. I've been flying the MSR and 120sr and wanted something I can see when it gets 50 feet away. I also bought a MCPX to work on learning CP flying. But reading these forums about the FC FP 450, I just couldn't help myself. I like building things, so this should be fun. I'll tinker with it over the winter, so hopefully I'll have it ready for spring.
jburg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2012, 03:52 AM   #530 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great to have you onboard jburg.

If you have any questions about the FP450, just post them here in this thread and you’ll get plenty of help.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:46 AM   #531 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 450 FP build

Hi Hank, I went ahead and took the plunge and ordered the E 450 ARF kit. I found a good price on a combo of componets and odered them also.As this is my first build I am a little tentative about what I am doing. and started wondering how close to your specs I need to stay;
I ordered a Dynam 450 brushless motor, included was a 40a ESC , 4 9g servos and a GY48v Gyro. Will these be compatabile for this project ?
Can't wait to get started and many thanks for encouragement. Mark
retroman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2012, 05:03 AM   #532 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mark, there’s no need to stay close to my equipment specs. The components in the Dynam package deal are compatible with the FP450. I have no first hand experience with the components in this combo, but from what I’ve read, it’s a hit or miss kind of deal. Some people seem to have good luck with the reliability of the components in this package deal and some people haven‘t. I’m thinking you will be good to go, as the FP450 is not as demanding on electrical equipment as a 450 cp helicopter.

As far as the FP450 build itself goes, there are a couple mods that will need to be done, as I’m sure you’re already aware of, but for the most part you will be putting the airframe together just like you would if you were building a cp bird. If you haven’t already, download the manual from Align, as it will help out a ton when putting the bird together.

Don’t sweat the modding parts of this build. On my first FP450 build I didn’t take a lot of pictures when I built the bird, so I was kind of vague in my original thread. Right now I’m working on my last FP450 build that I will do and have taking a ton of step by step pictures, so when it comes to the main modding parts of this build I should be able to help out a little better than I have in the past.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:24 PM   #533 (permalink)
Registered Users

Finally finish my el cheapo LeaderHobby fiber frame FP450. She flies okay, but there’s still a little tail wag when hovering.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7FCEQRWBDs[/ame]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2899 (640x480).jpg
Views:	289
Size:	191.0 KB
ID:	283042   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2900 (640x480).jpg
Views:	112
Size:	204.2 KB
ID:	283043   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2907 (640x480).jpg
Views:	131
Size:	213.7 KB
ID:	283044   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2905 (640x480).jpg
Views:	105
Size:	192.3 KB
ID:	283045   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2909 (640x480).jpg
Views:	126
Size:	178.9 KB
ID:	283046  

Old 01-22-2012, 05:35 PM   #534 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lookin good HH :-]
johnnycat500 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2012, 06:29 PM   #535 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hank, Shes looking good. Can't tell from here you have issues with the tail.
Speaking of the tail. I can't wait for your build pics because this being the first belt drive I have messed with I am having a time figuring out how to install it properly
retroman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2012, 10:42 PM   #536 (permalink)
Registered Users

[QUOTE=HELIHANKSTER;3580358]Finally finish my el cheapo LeaderHobby fiber frame FP450. She flies okay, but there’s still a little tail wag when hovering.

I spy a flipped tail.
OnGuard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2012, 10:47 AM   #537 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 90 degree Swash

I picked up the 90 degree swash from eRC (they have fast shipping) and it comes fully populated with the control link balls. Where do you find the anti rotation pin. I can steal the one from the 450 kit head, but I would like to leave that alone.
Thanks for the help.
Waiting for all the parts from Hobby King......esc, motor, servos etc.
jburg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2012, 12:43 PM   #538 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnycat500 View Post
Lookin good HH :-]
Thanks Brother
Old 01-23-2012, 12:46 PM   #539 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroman View Post
Hank, Shes looking good. Can't tell from here you have issues with the tail.
Speaking of the tail. I can't wait for your build pics because this being the first belt drive I have messed with I am having a time figuring out how to install it properly

Thanks Mark
Yeah in forward flight the tail holds well, it’s just while in a hover that the wag is noticeable. I’m still working at finding the cause of the wag. It could be a defective receiver…maybe vibration related or still too much mechanical slop in the tail. I’m starting to think it’s just the fact that this helicopter is cursed! lol!

Have you already modified the main shaft and flipped the one way bearing over? It’s easier to go ahead and knock these two things out and get them installed in the frame first before putting the boom/tail assembly on. Are you having a time figuring out how the whole tail assembly goes together or just unsure which way to put the twist in the belt since the FP450 main rotor rotates CCW, not CW like a standard cp 450? Let me know where you are at in the build and I’ll try to help the best I can.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:48 PM   #540 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnGuard View Post
I spy a flipped tail.

Yes you do Bud
The tail on this kit has caused me problems from day one. I have messed with it some…trying to get the slop out, and then finally decided to just replace the whole tail from the boom back. I wanted to try out a 480 stretch boom while I was at it and also figured what the hey, just as well go ahead and flip the tail over so it’s on the correct side for this bird. Sadly after replacing everything, the wag is still there. Not as bad as it was, but still there none the less. Will be trying out a different 3axis receiver in the days to come to see if that makes any difference.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in