Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics > 2.4G Spektrum Radios

2.4G Spektrum Radios Spektrum 2.4 Gigahertz Radios and Technology

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2014, 07:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DX9 Hardware Fault Reset

If you should run into a hardware fault error. Turn it on and then press the roller for 5 seconds. That seems to reset something and all goes back to normal.

I decided to make this post since it's not in the manual and I freaked out a bit over the last 30 minutes. My brand new DX9 came up with some error code after I turned if off for 10 minutes between flights. "Please return it for service" is not exactly a reassuring message.

But as with any computer, there is a reset button somewhere

Ray
ticktricktrack is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2014, 11:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Be careful, just like with a car, if you turn the check engine light off that doesn't mean it's fixed.

With that said, it might have just been a fluke. Just have to wait and see if it comes back
D_Vail is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2014, 06:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did you happen to jot down the error codes? By default with any error it requires a look by service.From what I understand there are many that clearing wont be a problem. Others may indicate a serious hardware fault and should be looked into whether it gets cleared and appears to operate or not.
When it happens always remember to write the error codes down.If your going to clear them and fly thats your decision.I would check on what the code may be indicating before I made that decision.

A thread on a specific question like this will get a more qualified specific answer at RCGroups/Radios.Be detailed.
HELIFREAK !!!
aerocal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2015, 07:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thank you! i pulled my sd card out while the DX9 was turned on then put it back in, my DX9 went straight to that message. Just did your fix and all is back to normal now

cheers chuck

Blade 400 # 3 HS-65HB Cyclic # S9257 Tail # Align HS1256 K3 Paddles # SportBec
ChuckTSeeker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2015, 09:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Gidday guys

Had the same issue today - I inserted an SD while the DX9 was on - screen went mad and when I restarted it it came up with this error:

System Fault
Your system has a hardware fault which prevents safe operation!
Please return it for service.
T-Code: 00003EA4h
I-Code: 0303E004h
Sequence: 0

I did the restart holding down the roller for 3 odd seconds - and bingo. Just like it was. I wil send this fault back to Horizon through our importer to see what they say - meantime back to business.

Thanks ticktricktrack
krcnz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2016, 10:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hardware Fault on Dx

Thanx a million for the tip! I was just updating the airware on my Dx6 to get rid of that nasty nag screen you get when the unit is new when the hardware fault came up as I was putting in an SD card to update sounds (I don't use sound, but I thought I had to update anyway).

I think some SD functions set this thing into a tailspin.

I believe I held the roller down, then turned the unit on, not sure of the order, but I'm not trying it again unless I have to!

I DID find out that when I updated the software, the models did not disappear as the instructions said might happen. I had saved them off, so I had them just in case. I did reload the models, too. Nice thing, the Dx6 remembers the binds, too.
Steamrocks is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2016, 01:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamrocks View Post
Thanx a million for the tip! I was just updating the airware on my Dx6 to get rid of that nasty nag screen you get when the unit is new when the hardware fault came up as I was putting in an SD card to update sounds (I don't use sound, but I thought I had to update anyway).

I think some SD functions set this thing into a tailspin.

I believe I held the roller down, then turned the unit on, not sure of the order, but I'm not trying it again unless I have to!

I DID find out that when I updated the software, the models did not disappear as the instructions said might happen. I had saved them off, so I had them just in case. I did reload the models, too. Nice thing, the Dx6 remembers the binds, too.
It's the receivers who store which radio / model to "listen" to...
Old 04-11-2016, 03:12 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Actually, the Spektrum (DX9 anyway) has "Model Match" in the radios.

The radios like the 9XR ( I have one of these) don't have model match and need to be re-bound everytime a radio is used with a different receiver.

The Spektrum (mines a DX9) does not need to be re-bound when switching models.
04fxdwgi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2016, 05:05 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, I always thought that Model Match referred to the capability of avoiding using an aircraft with the wrong "model" selected in the TX... and this is achieved through the receiver not only storing the TX unique "signature" but also the model number... or more probably through the radio generating a different unique signature for every model.
Old 08-21-2016, 07:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had this happen today, but I received different error codes:
T code: 00004F65H
I code: 80000002H
Sequence: 0

I did the holding roller option and it got me back most controls, but it lost a bunch of my models, and put the following names in some of the models:
Unusable Model.

Looks like this one is going to have to go back to be checked.
DaweMD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in