Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mSR

mSR Blade (eFlite) Micro SR Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2009, 02:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Questions before I get a msr?

Ok that's it I'm getting one after work but I have some questions that way I can grab what I need just in case..

1.How long does this lipo batts last as in how many charges can I get out of one?

2.what wears out first main motor or tail?

3.how many flys can I get before replacing the motor?

4.what breaks easy ? That way I can grab what I need..

5.gets blown away easy outside with small gust?

I do have a busted mcx but the mother board broke so and I was always pushing it to go fast but yeah just decide to buy msr beacuse I like to fly fast..

Thanks
cool_dude is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2009, 02:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

5-7 minutes depending on flying style

I haven't worn anything out yet, and I have 50+ flights (and at least as many crashes) on mine.

Same comment as above.

Nothing breaks easy. I've finally managed to strip out the blade grips, but it took a lot of work to finally break it.

It's small and light, wind will move it around. But it's able to fly fairly fast, so if you have the skill, you can fly in pretty strong winds.

It doesn't fly like the mCX. It's amazingly stable for a single rotor heli, but it's not a coax. It's much more maneuverable, but that comes at the cost of stability.
RocketSled is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2009, 03:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

1: depends how far you discharge them. I've got about 20 flights on each of mine and I'm still using them.

2: Haven't worn one out yet.

3: See #2

4: Main blade grips probably breaks the easiest. I haven't broken anything else yet and I've crashed it a lot. Also put some heat shrink on the tail motor to prevent the wires breaking or end cap coming off in a crash.

5: It's very light so any wind will affect it but I've been flying mine in a very gentle breeze without much trouble.

Dogs come when called. Cats take a message and get back to you later.
Cailid is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2009, 04:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I've bashed this thing into so many non-moving objects and it's still sort of in one piece. I ALWAYS make sure I drop the throttle before it hits the object.

When I hit the object to hard, the blade grips come off (there's a small screw that holds each grip on). I put the grips back on and re-screw them together.

Soooo.... I'm guessing that I will be purchasing blade grips in the near future. The box already has a spare flybar and tail blades.

widower is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2009, 04:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

On my sixth flight, I crashed and the blade grips came apart. I had to put a little CA to make the screws hold since the mounting holes got stripped. Ever since I did that, the mSR no longer hovers in one place, it hovers with the "toilet bowl" effect. Hopefully, when my parts come in, the new parts will fix that.

My advice, if you get the mSR get these parts also.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=EFLH3013
If the blade grip comes apart, you will probably lose the copper colored washers. They are very tiny and hard to see. Get 2-3 of these.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=EFLH3014
If the blades hit something hard, the blade grips will come apart and the screw holes will probably get stripped. Get 2-3 of these.

Some others have mentioned extra blades and landing gear. You can get those too. I have not broken my main blades or landing gear yet.
speed808 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2009, 04:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Great thanks.. Seems more stronger then the mcx..gee my mcx blades would break so easy I'll be picking one up today after work should be fun

thanks for ansewring my questions

and yes I'm starting to get addicted to helicopters been rc on the ground for too long and flying has no limits
Old 09-14-2009, 05:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Get some extra battery. It just $10. Just don't crash it to a wall pretty hard. That's the only way you would break this heli.
TRex500ESP
DX6i
Roehl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2009, 06:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roehl View Post
Get some extra battery. It just $10. Just don't crash it to a wall pretty hard. That's the only way you would break this heli.
You can get 4 packs of 130mah batteries here for $24.

http://www.helidirect.com/advanced_s...1&inc_subcat=1

Dogs come when called. Cats take a message and get back to you later.
Cailid is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2009, 06:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can use mCX batteries but they are 110mAh. My advice would be to wait till the 120mAh batts specifically for the mSR are available. I think I have at least 20 flights on each of my batteries by now and they are still going strong. Like any LiPo though if you run them down to power cut off over and over it could greatly reduce their overall life. I set the timer on my DX6i to 5 min and that usually gets me plenty pf hard forward flight in the park and time to land or just gently plop it in the grass.

Please report back to us and let us know what you think. There is also a lot of great information on this section of the forum on using the "advanced swash" configuration or increasing the stick rates using the RTF radio or a Spektrum compatible radio. You can also use the radio that came with your mCX if you wanted to.

And my advice is buy at least one extra set of blade grips and a feathering shaft. If they strip apart you may loose one or both of the copper bushings on the feathering shaft. I lost one of mine when it happened and have just been flying without it till I can get a new feathering shaft.

Good times.

- HeliDragon
Old 09-14-2009, 07:34 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Woooo weee I got it!! My LHS had the last one and it was the RTF..I said oh I just need the BNF then he said what the heck I'll sell it as a RTF I'll just take the 4 AAA batts and remote..wooo this mSR is a way diffrent from mcx..I'm so glad I didn't buy the unit for the mcx that broke it was like 50$..

Thanks I'll be needing batts....thanks guys..this is really fun to fly and it's fast..
Old 09-15-2009, 08:42 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If you really want to make it fast, change to the longer balls on the swash. I found that using the longer balls with 80% dual rates on elev and aileron pretty well matches the flight characteristics of the short balls. Then use two flight modes. One flight mode is 80% dual rates, and flight mode 1 is 100%. There's also a hidden dual rate already built into the 4in1. I don't know if the internal dual rate is enabled by default.

Old 09-15-2009, 08:46 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed808 View Post

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=EFLH3013
If the blade grip comes apart, you will probably lose the copper colored washers. They are very tiny and hard to see. Get 2-3 of these.
There's suppose to be washers ???? Guess I better get the credit card out. It's been flying quite well without the washers.

Old 09-15-2009, 09:41 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great thanks guys for the infos...

this is a great little helicopter to learn and it's cheap..this takes crashes pretty good and still holds up..it's fast

No more being stupid and fly my b400 in front of my house were little kids play..I only fly when kids are not around but I don't want to take a chance..last time a little kid came out of no were and try to grab my b400 while it was flying I don't know if he was going to grab it but he ran to it and got close.. With msr I don't have to worry well still
Old 09-15-2009, 10:47 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

If flies absolutely fine without the washers. I flew 50-60 flights probably, before I finally split the grips and lost the washers. I put the grips back together and while I admit it doesn't hover quite as stably as before (though there's other damage, besides the missing washers), it flies exactly the same as before.
RocketSled is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in