Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 400

Blade 400 Blade Helicopters (eFlite) 400 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2014, 01:38 PM   #161 (permalink)
Registered Users

Alright well I got everything setup finally, I was overthinking some of it and the software helped me through it. All I can say is WOW! I'll never go back FB after this.. BUT I was playing around today and dumb thumbed it into the trash can beside the house.. Oh well. I do have a question about my tarot FBL head though, does anyone know a part# for the feathering shaft? Or maybe an align substitute? The head I have is TL45110-03.
hellimaster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2014, 09:08 PM   #162 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellimaster View Post
Alright well I got everything setup finally, I was overthinking some of it and the software helped me through it. All I can say is WOW! I'll never go back FB after this.. BUT I was playing around today and dumb thumbed it into the trash can beside the house.. Oh well. I do have a question about my tarot FBL head though, does anyone know a part# for the feathering shaft? Or maybe an align substitute? The head I have is TL45110-03.
Well first of all, congratulations! Yeah, FBL rocks, absolutely.

Now take a look at Dr. M's excellent Tarot ZYX, ZYX-S & CopterX 3X-1000 Advanced Tuning and Troubleshooting Guide for next steps and fine tuning. Your ZYX is very tweakable, and some minor adjustments to the I gain, etc., can really get it flying just the way you want it.

If memory serves (90% sure about this), the Tarot head takes a T-Rex 450 feathering shaft. (Not surprising, really, since it is a clone...)

Happy flying, and watch out for those garbage cans!
The other HM
Harbormaster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2014, 07:26 PM   #163 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Wobble left to right

Hi

Mi Blade 400 CopterX has a nasty intermittent side to side wobble, like 5 wobbles per second. Rest is fine. Using stock F3C Settings. This happens in F.Mode 0. Havent tried it using Idle Up as am afraid until I solve the wobble issue.

Another question, is the light on the CopterX supposed to be red? Im using 68 percent on the Gyro on the DX6i. I thought it should be Blue
rriveroll is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2014, 07:55 PM   #164 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rriveroll View Post
Hi

Mi Blade 400 CopterX has a nasty intermittent side to side wobble, like 5 wobbles per second. Rest is fine. Using stock F3C Settings. This happens in F.Mode 0. Havent tried it using Idle Up as am afraid until I solve the wobble issue.

Another question, is the light on the CopterX supposed to be red? Im using 68 percent on the Gyro on the DX6i. I thought it should be Blue
That wobbling is a cyclic oscillation. Turn down the cyclic gain a little and it will go away. This is assuming that you already have the heli as balanced and vibration free as you can get it, of course. And you ARE using the John's Flybarless Gyro Programming Software, aren't you? You must! http://fbl.net.nz/ (And don't forget to leave him a donation.)

If memory serves, red is Heading Hold (which is what you want for normal flight ) and blue is Rate Mode (which you use only to set up the tail). Again, if memory serves, the light should be red above 50 gyro gain and blue below 50 gyro gain.

Please read Dr. M's *excellent* tuning guide here: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=485789

Good luck and happy flying!
Old 07-14-2014, 05:49 PM   #165 (permalink)
Registered Users

Harbormaster, thanks for your suggestion

Turned down Roll and Pitch gains to 28 and that took care of the wobble. Rest is standard F3C Settings and no advanced settings.

Finally seems Ill be able to Fly it!!!!!!
rriveroll is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2014, 08:05 PM   #166 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rriveroll View Post
Harbormaster, thanks for your suggestion

Turned down Roll and Pitch gains to 28 and that took care of the wobble. Rest is standard F3C Settings and no advanced settings.

Finally seems Ill be able to Fly it!!!!!!
Cool!

Do take a look at Dr. M's tuning guide when you get a chance. I learned a lot from it, and my helis are much better tuned as a result. He did a great job with that write-up.
Old 03-13-2018, 08:30 PM   #167 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anyone do a flybarless conversion with a readily available, cheap system lately lately like the TGZ380, KBar V2, Tarot ZYX-S2? Looking to learn from experiences some of you may have had in doing this. Better to learn from the mistakes of others than to learn from your own. The system in the OP seems to no longer be available. Not interested in something like an AR7200 because this is a $50 helicopter and my TX is FRSky.
varg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2018, 11:56 AM   #168 (permalink)

Default doing a conversion now, tarot 450 pro head

I'm doing a conversion now using a tarot 450 head from banggood I got for $17, (TL45110-01), I had to file down the main shaft a millimeter to get the head to fit on. I have to replace the balls on the swash to the larger Trex ones. Having trouble getting one of the balls on, might have to get a whole new swash. I'm using a beastX clone I got for $30 and H3050 cyclics and H3060 tail servos. Stock 25A ESC and stock 420 motor. I will let you know how(if) it flies!
Scub is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2018, 12:16 PM   #169 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm also curious about the TGZ380 and mini KBAR etc. as they seem plentiful on ebay.
Looking to do the same except not sure what unit to bother with.
Old 12-07-2019, 02:46 PM   #170 (permalink)
Registered Users

Take a Look at the brandnew Blade 330S. Looks like a flybarless Bade 400, im shure!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in