Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > EZNOV

EZNOV EZNOV Support Forum

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2015, 02:26 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh, I hear ya.

I'm with you on nearly all of that, but you can't deny the fact that Spektrum has a very sizable market share. Ignoring that market and designing a system that requires customers to spend many hundreds of dollars "upgrading" their radio system to get full and convenient functionality is a bit ridiculous.

Just got telemetry installed with Spektrum, and it seems like no matter what system I go with, it still seems to be a wiring mess in some way with just one less wire involved when using the separate RX.

Quote:
It also eliminates RX brownout since it no longer matters how good the fbl regulator is
If the system has ports for Spektrum Satellites, then it stands to reason that it should also be robust enough to power these satellites in addition to modern day full sized servos. Is this really such an unreasonable assumption to make?

My intention is to switch to Jeti once I start reaching the limits of what is possible with Spektrum, but the principle remains the same: I was hoping that manufacturers would design systems that offer full compatibility with all the major (and some minor) systems on the market.

Being forced to change radio systems just to try out the latest and greatest kinda rubs me the wrong way, but if I'm left with no choice, then it's just a matter of time.

Regardless of all that, the EZnov system looks really nice when it comes to the specs, and I'm a bit excited to see how folks like it.

Fauropitotto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2015, 02:56 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauropitotto View Post
Oh, I hear ya. I'm with you on nearly all of that, but you can't deny the fact that Spektrum has a very sizable market share. Ignoring that market and designing a system that requires customers to spend many hundreds of dollars "upgrading" their radio system to get full and convenient functionality is a bit ridiculous.
I agree that Spektrum has a large market share, and it's probably because of bind-n-fly and it's original popularity, but I don't think it's the best heli radio.

You can get a Futaba 10J for $320, then a $65 150A E-FuelGauge and have $60 telemetry RX's, mah consumed, very low latency, less wiring, and a better fit and finish radio.

I have the radio system with no wiring mess: Jeti with a Jeti ESC.

I plug the:
Jeti ESC throttle cable into the FBL,
Jeti ESC RPM cable into the FBL,
Jeti ESC telemetry cable into the RX,
Jeti RX to the FBL.

Right there I have:
RPM telemetry
SBEC voltage/current telemetry
Motor voltage/current telemetry
Remote config of the ESC
Dual power leads to the FBL
MAH Consumed
Signal strength

I find the Jeti ESC to work well, and the fit and finish of the radio is amazing.

Yes, expensive, but then again, the price for two spektrum remotes ($70) and a CC Edge 160 ($272), then a CC BEC PRO ($38) is only $25 cheaper than a Jeti RX ($65) and a Jeti Mezon 130 ($340), and the Jeti gear is WAY nicer.

So to make this relevant for EZNov (least I get busted for off topic) PLEASE think about support Jeti. It's super nice to configure on the radio, and not be tied into v-bar.
Old 07-09-2015, 03:43 PM   #63 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Graupner has a similar solution with transmitter, receiver, and ESC.

Unfortunately, Graupner hasn't embraced aftermarket flight controllers. However, one could trick the Graupner system into being able to configure a flight controller; it just needs to identify itself as a sensor type that's not being used otherwise.
Graupner MZ-32

Experience is something you gain only after you need it.
I wouldn't mind social media so much if it didn't involve people.
TheBum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2015, 05:19 PM   #64 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

I noticed that there's no Mac app yet for programming, so I won't be getting one right away. I refuse to spend any more time than I have to in Windows.
Graupner MZ-32

Old 07-10-2015, 09:51 AM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Plans?

Are you planning to make a set up and programming video for helis? Also, for those that want to use PayPal, would they be able to paypal you directly for the unit?
Old 07-14-2015, 01:20 AM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just had a look at the wiring pic on the website.
I cant see a way to power the system with two cables from the ESC/BEC.
A big power bus is great but not worth much if you have to power all 4 servos over one plug/cable.
soko is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2015, 01:53 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi, any references for nitro governor use ?

Seems a few of the competitive units are stumbling at bit get it working and it is obvious that governor for electric does not equal governor for nitro.

Ps. tried to place a pre-order for "the big brother", without success
Dawiev is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2015, 04:34 AM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by soko View Post
A big power bus is great but not worth much if you have to power all 4 servos over one plug/cable.
The Neuron,present model does not have larger bus. The "Big Brother",
not yet released, will have more channels. (10, if I remember correct) with more features as well and be able to handle more then most others on the market.
ULTRA POWERFUL latest generation microcontroler STM32F4 with floating point unit
10 connectors for a high power installation and plug tons of servos
2 smart bind sats connectors
Support for H4 helis, hexacopters, octocopters, planes with multiple servos per function, etc.
Built-in barometer (altitude hold)
Support for external GPS (position hold)
Built-in FLASH memory for complete logging of any flight parameter, and analyse them directly in the software
crickr1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2015, 06:33 AM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nitro governor tested ?
Dawiev is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2015, 09:59 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello,
is there a way the software in the demo mode to start?
I would like to see the whole setting options before buying.

Regards
Werner
papads is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2015, 10:14 AM   #71 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by soko View Post
Just do what people using Mini VBars are doing: use a Y-adapter to plug a servo and a power lead in the same port on the flight controller.
Graupner MZ-32

Old 07-14-2015, 02:09 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by papads View Post
Hello,
is there a way the software in the demo mode to start?
I would like to see the whole setting options before buying.

Regards
Werner
Nope, I installed the software and there is no demo, its scanning for a real device only.
Mateyhv is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2015, 02:28 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm out for reasons other than the obvious ones. Not seeing enough replies from the creators to the numerous questions. Questionable support
Old 07-14-2015, 03:31 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSyd3D View Post
I'm out for reasons other than the obvious ones. Not seeing enough replies from the creators to the numerous questions. Questionable support
My thoughts too
compass 7hv ult spirit pro, compass 7hv ult spirit pro, trex 550 spirit, gaui x3 spirit, mcpx bl, fms p51, mustang peter lynn twister 5.6, neXt sim, heli x sim, accurc sim, dx9 tm1000, powerlab 6x2, coolice 2500watt psu,
Djhandz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2015, 04:19 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm hoping that they're just incredibly busy as a startup releasing their first big product.

Perhaps they should find someone on the team to dedicate 30 minutes a day to answering questions on the various forums?

Old 07-14-2015, 04:32 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

That would be nice since there's likely more than one person. I know from personal experience another fbl maker (name in signature) is insanely busy as well constantly finding ways to improve his units but still has time to answer all types of questions. Even when it first came out. Had a lot to do with what brand I choose to fly
Old 07-14-2015, 04:54 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Agreed.

Although Angelos has been in the industry for a very long time and likely has had plenty of opportunity (and trial and error) to build and optimize the infrastructure of his business to allow him to do this sort of thing. Very awesome I might add, to have the designer right here on the forums with us.

Every startup has some growing pains as they try to find a balance on all sides, and I tend to give the new guys a large amount of slack as they grow into the market.

Hopefully when (if) they read this, they'll get a better handle on how important communication is with new products. It's been 5 days since we've heard from Thomas.

Still kinda excited about it though~

Old 07-14-2015, 05:10 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Keep in mind that they aren't in the hands of customers yet, so it's not like there is lacking of post-buy support, only pre-buy support, at least for now. Hopefully the post-buy support will be good. I suspect it will be.

schu
Old 07-14-2015, 05:12 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Agreed.

Although Angelos has been in the industry for a very long time and likely has had plenty of opportunity (and trial and error) to build and optimize the infrastructure of his business to allow him to do this sort of thing. Very awesome I might add, to have the designer right here on the forums with us.

Every startup has some growing pains as they try to find a balance on all sides, and I tend to give the new guys a large amount of slack as they grow into the market.

Hopefully when (if) they read this, they'll get a better handle on how important communication is with new products. It's been 5 days since we've heard from Thomas.

Still kinda excited about it though~
+1
Old 07-14-2015, 05:24 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Hello,

Quote:
Ok I plead guilty ... I took a short break (5 days, indeed).
I took no vacation for almost 2 years now, and today (14th of July) is bank holiday in France.

Other team members are not experienced enough yet to answer on forums (time will come ).

Right now it's 00:16 here in France, so I'll answer each and every question in about 9 hours.

There is no demo mode because the GUI description is stored in the unit itself, this is why we can have support for multiple platforms and have specific user interfaces for each one. That's because the PC software doesn't know anything about flight stabilizers, it is just a terminal (it understands what the unit asks it to display).

We can put screenshots from the current software UI if needed.

Nitro governor has been tested of course, and you select in the UI the type of propulsion (electric or glow) because indeed the governor is different for each type of propulsion.

Thomas.
Otatiaro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in