Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters > 600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2014, 08:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default T-rex 600EFL Pro DFC with Performance Booster Upgrades

Hi guys,

I bought one of the first generation 600EFL Pro non DFC in the past. I liked it very much. I sold it and recently got a 700EFL Pro DFC. I still struggling in my head if this was a wise decision, but I still thinking about the 600 cheaper cost to fix, cheaper batteries, less crash damage, great flyer, and a better learning heli for my sons.

So here go the question: How's the new 600EFL Pro DFC kit with performance booster doing?

Thanks,

David
davehour is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2014, 05:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default T-rex 600EFL Pro DFC with Performance Booster Upgrades

Usually when you get a 700, it is hard to get back to smaller helis. The 700 size is really the flagship and the best feel you can get from a rc heli in my opinion. So I would keep it and buy a much smaller heli for your sons learning like a 450 (with a sim as well)!

I have a former 600 pro dfc and I like flying it too. The performance motor, braces...coming with the new kit seems to be too much for the tail gears from posts I read. You loose some flight time as well. I am running up to 2400rpm with the former 600 and unless you need more than that and more torque/less bogging for extremely hard and smack maneuvers, you do not really need the booster upgrades...
RontaryUS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2014, 06:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you very much for the reply and information.

Yes, you're right about the feel, specially when talking about 3D autorotations. For example, pushovers autos are easier and more forgiven with the 700.

Now that I've flown the 700 more, I'm liking it but the dark part is the higher cost of batteries, battery trays, more crash damage due to more weight, and the repair price.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've got the performance booster on my 600, it works well and I enjoy flying it even though i also have a 700. I have stripped tail gears once, if that is due to the increased motor power is hard to say, probably a combination of factors. I've reduced governor gain and shimmed the bevel gears to improve mesh and not had any trouble since.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 600 efl with booster

Loving mine, running the booster kit with the stock white tt gears, 65 flights and no issues.
Futaba cgy 755/760fbl
mike pound is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2014, 10:46 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy_Old_Man View Post
I've got the performance booster on my 600, it works well and I enjoy flying it even though i also have a 700. I have stripped tail gears once, if that is due to the increased motor power is hard to say, probably a combination of factors. I've reduced governor gain and shimmed the bevel gears to improve mesh and not had any trouble since.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike pound View Post
Loving mine, running the booster kit with the stock white tt gears, 65 flights and no issues.
I also had problems with the front torque tube drive gears. Started to lube them (slightly to have a film) with silicon oil (50wt) and problem gone. I'm now using White Lightning bicycle chain lubricant in the 700, and works pretty well. It's a wax based lubricant that stay on the gears and doesn't attract dust.
Old 05-11-2014, 07:28 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by davehour View Post
Hi guys,

I bought one of the first generation 600EFL Pro non DFC in the past. I liked it very much. I sold it and recently got a 700EFL Pro DFC. I still struggling in my head if this was a wise decision, but I still thinking about the 600 cheaper cost to fix, cheaper batteries, less crash damage, great flyer, and a better learning heli for my sons.

So here go the question: How's the new 600EFL Pro DFC kit with performance booster doing?

Thanks,

David
i know this thread is about trex 600 but do you think you need more space to fly a 700?
ReadyToCrash is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2014, 09:14 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadyToCrash View Post
i know this thread is about trex 600 but do you think you need more space to fly a 700?
IMHO, no.
Old 07-05-2014, 06:12 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mike,
So are you running the new motor and such, or just put the booster parts in with the standard motor etc? Is it worth doing on a NON-DFC - 600 PRO (V1 etc)
Gaui EP550 CF PRO, Retired
OzDruiD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2014, 06:51 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzDruiD View Post
Mike,
So are you running the new motor and such, or just put the booster parts in with the standard motor etc? Is it worth doing on a NON-DFC - 600 PRO (V1 etc)
Yes I am running the new motor with the booster kit. Basically running stock set up, just using Savox servos instead of align. I like it, IMO yes it would be worth it on a non dfc.
Futaba cgy 755/760fbl
mike pound is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2014, 09:14 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

hi, what is your flight time? thanks.
ReadyToCrash is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2014, 10:04 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike pound View Post
Yes I am running the new motor with the booster kit......IMO yes it would be worth it on a non dfc.
I wasn't going to get the new motor yet, cannot outfly what I have now, just wanted to improve the strength of the heli etc Guess it may not need the extra strength if you nor pushing it with the extra motor - but I like the sounds of the longer bolt and thicker spindle etc.
Gaui EP550 CF PRO, Retired
OzDruiD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2014, 02:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by davehour View Post
I also had problems with the front torque tube drive gears. Started to lube them (slightly to have a film) with silicon oil (50wt) and problem gone. I'm now using White Lightning bicycle chain lubricant in the 700, and works pretty well. It's a wax based lubricant that stay on the gears and doesn't attract dust.
Do you use the "Clean Ride" or the "Epic Ride" White Lightening?

http://www.whitelightningco.com/products/
ticedoff8 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2014, 11:56 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticedoff8 View Post
Do you use the "Clean Ride" or the "Epic Ride" White Lightening?

http://www.whitelightningco.com/products/
I use the Clean Ride one.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in