Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > 4#3, 4#3a, 4#3b, 4#3Q

4#3, 4#3a, 4#3b, 4#3Q Walkera 4#3, 4#3a, 4#3b, 4#3Q Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2010, 06:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Question about Novus FP/4#3b

I have the Novus FP heli. First mistake was to level the swash... guess I should learn to read first:o anyway I need to get that part fixed because it does veer off to the left pretty bad. Anyone know how many degrees or about it should be tilted?? I've also glued the swash to the main shaft and while I was doing this I messed around and got a little on the swash and I must say I HAVE NO SLOP PERIOD!!! and still have smooth movment. I have also replaced the flybar with one of the spares I have for the 4G3 has anyone else tried this?? I dont know how it flew with the stock flybar as I changed out the flybars before I flew it. Also the little EXT. adjustment acording to the book should limit servo trave correct?? I can turn that thing all day a do not see any change what so ever?? am I missing something here?? or do I have a screwed up 3in1?? What about a way to adjust the gyro is there a way to do this? if so I must have missed it. I moved the flybar rods to the shorter tabs and moved all the servo rods in the closest hole on the servos and all this seemed to help but I'd like it to be a little more tame till I get used to it. Sorry for the long post.
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2010, 07:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Tilt the swash about 5 degrees, set trim to centre, test fly, adjust accordingly.
Can't help you with the flybar swap, haven't done it.
The EXT adjusts the throw of the servo arms, I think 9:00 o'clock is min all adjustments happen in one turn, so if you keep turning ,you're back to square one!
Hold right cyclic to right or left after you arm the heli and watch the throw as you turn the EXT.
Hope this can get you started!
Old 01-22-2010, 07:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thanks John... I'll give it a try... What about any gyro adjustments does it not have any or did I just miss it??
Old 01-22-2010, 07:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d-wanna-b View Post
Thanks John... I'll give it a try... What about any gyro adjustments does it not have any or did I just miss it??
There are no gyro adjustments!
Old 01-22-2010, 09:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

The A and B versions of the walkera branded receiver have a "sensitve" pot instead of "EXT" and this adjusts the gyro gain. I don't know if the Novus has this available but you can get a walkera for about $34USD and have some limited gyro gain adjustability. But then you can't adjust the servo throw.
Besen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2010, 10:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Besen View Post
The A and B versions of the walkera branded receiver have a "sensitve" pot instead of "EXT" and this adjusts the gyro gain. I don't know if the Novus has this available but you can get a walkera for about $34USD and have some limited gyro gain adjustability. But then you can't adjust the servo throw.
That be better than what I have now I guess.. I've tried for 30min adjusting the EXT pot and nothing happens what so ever?? dont know if I have a bad 3in1 or I'm just not doing it right. I've done as John stated above but so far no change at all???
Old 01-23-2010, 03:11 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Although the pot on the A version of the RX is something to do with the gyro, I don't think it is for gain, exactly what it does do is a mystery. It does seem apparent though that even though the older RX has no adjustment for the gyro, it's gyro works better.

If you are using the 58mm tail rotor, the 48mm version might work better - the old plain black 4#3/4#3A tail rotors are all 48mm, the red tipped Walkera ones come in 48mm and 58mm

Dusty
Blade 400, mSR, mCPX - Sonix SX450SE - Walkera 1#A, 4#3, 4#3A, 4#3B, 4G3
Dusty1000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2010, 03:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well I fixed my problem.... I took the board out of my 4G3 and put it in the FP. I liked the 4G3 but I just never could get it tame enough to enjoy flying it. You could forget trying to fly it in the house unless you lived in a castle. Any way just the couple little mods I did to the FP seems to have done a good job in making it hover. I glued the swash I've replaced the stock flybar with the one from the 4G3 I'm fixing to try to do the tail brace mode as the tail boom seems to twist and now with the Eboard form the 4G3 I'll have pleny of adjusting options to line this little bird out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in