Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Nitro Helicopters

600 Class Nitro Helicopters 600 Class Nitro Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2015, 01:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Chaos 600N

can someone recommend to me throttle curves and pitch curves to me, I have a chaos 600n FLY BAR with a os50hyper ring, and a spektrum dx8. the settings are kicking my ass. I have the mechanical set up great but Id like not to over speed it or burn another hole in a another piston. any help will be greatly appreciated. oh and this is just for putting around general flight i dont fly 3d at all.

Thank you all I have been lurking around and learning, I have a blade 450x im flying and a tarot 450 flybar. also a blade 500x and a blade 600x also a N5C Nitro I bought from a member here, and lastly a assault 700 that I have streched to a 800 with a 3 blade tail rotor and mostly replaced the drive train with aligne parts. like building them its my fix but im not flying over the 600 fly bar size yet.
Mike in Florida.
zod001 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2015, 06:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Get the Venom temperature monitor, which still can be found on ebay. The monitor records the max temperate during flight, which should not be over 245* or under 220*F. I try to keep my OS .50 temps around 245* .
mugen 1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2015, 07:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

First thing that needs to be dealt with is the tune. This is the easiest engine there is to tune. Start at 2 turns out on the needle to start ( factory setting )
Then run it up and hover for a minute then punch out for 2 to 3 seconds and watch the smoke. Do this a couple times to get some heat in the engine. If it's way rich and blubbery go in 3 clicks and try again. Do this until it runs up cleanly find lean then richen a click or 2 to stay safe.
Throttle curves

Normal 0 to 100
Idle up 1 100-65-45-65-100 = roughly 1850
Idle up 2 100-75-55-75-100 = roughly 2100

Hope this helps some. PM me if you have any more questions and we can talk it over on the phone if you want.
Bavarian Demon Flight Team #HIGHONHELIS
DUCDOC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2015, 03:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Also, download a tachometer on your phone and see what headspeed you're running. If you aim for 1850rpm you should be fine for your flight style, there's no need for high throttle and headspeeds, hell it will still 3D at 1850 if you want :-)
myxiplx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2015, 08:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

This post is over a month old, but my 2¢:

Use a governor instead of throttle curves.
I stopped using throttle curves when the Futaba GV-1 first came on the market.

It like flying without a tail rotor gyro
You could do it. But why?
ticedoff8 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2015, 08:45 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hmm. Good point.
zod001 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2015, 12:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

For normal flying and basic 3d a governor isn't needed.I've been using curves on my 600 and never notice much head speed change.if I was doing hard core 3d then a governor might be needed.spend a little time setting up your curves and it will fly plenty good enough.
xxxntwv is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2015, 02:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I could have qualified my statement a little better:
Quote:
For normal flying and basic 3d a tail rotor gyro isn't needed.I've been using my thumbs on my 600 and never notice much tail-wag change.if I was doing hard core 3d then a tail rotor gyro might be needed.spend a little time setting up your tail rotor curves and it will fly plenty good enough
Or, get a gov.
ticedoff8 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2015, 06:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticedoff8 View Post
I could have qualified my statement a little better:

Or, get a gov.
Not sure what your trying to say but I think the lack of a tail gyro is totally different than not running a governor.I'm sure if your lazy and don't want to learn how throttle curves work and mixing then yes a governor is needed but for normal flight a governor is far from necessary.
xxxntwv is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in