Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Others

Others Walkera Other Models Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2010, 10:21 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyhole View Post
Wonder if everything is ok at Tiny Bright. Haven't been able to get someone on the phone.
Just heard back from Kyle at Tiny Bright. They are still kicking and just moving into a new shop.
Keyhole is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2010, 04:37 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I'm still waiting on my lights!
Old 01-20-2010, 11:33 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnycat500 View Post
Yes the heli is an e-sky honey bee v2 but the rotor head I am putting on it from a cb180. So the parts I need are walkera parts.
HBFP v2 is a bigger bird compared to CB180Q, my estimate is CB180Q needs approx 60-70% power to stay up in the air compared to HBFP v2. I can see that you're trying to make HB as stable as CB180, but is the head assembly up to the task? Have you tried it yet? It would be a very interesting mod if it did, but will it lift off the ground? The power margin on these helis is almost non-existent, but you're keeping the original motor, right?
Please keep me updated on your progress.
Jerry
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2010, 10:17 AM   #64 (permalink)

Marc did you get the light kit?
I'm waiting your feedback and a kind of How to as well

P.S. I slowly and precisely cut off the plastic tail rotor blade and push the new one in... works fine tested
NelloDominat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2010, 02:17 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi there. Yes, I finally got my light kit, but it wasn't what I was expecting. Very thin fragile wires, and tiny rectangular LED lights. I was hoping for more like little grain-size bulbs for the helicopter. I wonder if I ordered the wrong set?
Anyway, just glad it finally came in and will have to figure out what to do with it. Might not be for this model.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:46 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcwolf View Post
Yea but the Madhawk has plastic head and i wanted the aluminum head from Walkera. Plus, I'm not sure if the Madhawk would pair with our high-end Walkera transmitter. Plus, I simply didn't trust the rebranded version.
Let me just say a few words about this little chopper.......

I, too, sought an inexpensive FP heli with an airwolf fuselage because it looks so bada$$ flying around in the backyard, so I chose the Madhawk 300 in the original Airwolf color scheme. Just to clear up a misconception I read on this thread - it DOES have a CNC metal head just like the 180Q. In fact, there are absolutely NO differences in the two birds. I have a buddy that has the orange/white 180Q and they're identical in every way. I'm guessing that they are made by the same company.....whoever that is! That said, it flies like a champ....once i made a couple of adjustments to the extent setting and the flybar hookup (i can expound on that in another posting if anyone would like for me to).

Yes.....the plastic is very brittle and does not withstand much in the way of abuse at all, AND you are correct in that it is impossible to remove without breaking it. This poses a serious problem in that it makes working on the innerds almost imnpossible as well. For this reason, i decided to purchase all the parts that are germane ONLY to the 180D in hopes of converting it to a pod/boom style heli. That way....when i get the next urge to tinker with it (like upgrading to a brushless system or a DD tail motor) i can do it easily enough. I'll repost when i undertake this little expidition and let everyone know how it went.

Scott
smvogel73 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2010, 01:35 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by smvogel73 View Post
I'm guessing that they are made by the same company.....whoever that is! That said, it flies like a champ....once i made a couple of adjustments to the extent setting and the flybar hookup (i can expound on that in another posting if anyone would like for me to).

Yes.....the plastic is very brittle and does not withstand much in the way of abuse at all, AND you are correct in that it is impossible to remove without breaking it.

Scott
Hi Scott, they both seem to be made by Walkera.
I've the same experience with the fuselage, the plastic is just too brittle . Same goes for the original blades, I replaced them with Esky Big Lama "B" blades and they feel much better. Couple of minor scratches only on them so far.

I'm not going to convert my CB180Q to D, the Airwolf looks just so cool!

Could you explain what adjustments you did to make your CB180Q more responsive? Will appreciate a photo or two...

Jerry
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2010, 09:11 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jperkosk View Post
HBFP v2 is a bigger bird compared to CB180Q, my estimate is CB180Q needs approx 60-70% power to stay up in the air compared to HBFP v2. I can see that you're trying to make HB as stable as CB180, but is the head assembly up to the task? Have you tried it yet? It would be a very interesting mod if it did, but will it lift off the ground? The power margin on these helis is almost non-existent, but you're keeping the original motor, right?
Please keep me updated on your progress.
Jerry
I have her in the air and all i can say is WOW.... This is what I have. honey bee v2 with ar6110 rx, blade cp pro 2 2in 1 , telebee gyro,dx7, and madhawk/cb180 head. here is some pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1031 1200x788.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	135488   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1029  1200x797.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	135489  

Last edited by johnnycat500; 01-24-2010 at 11:11 AM..
johnnycat500 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2010, 11:13 AM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default When you going to ship my helicopters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hickory407 View Post
hey Marcwolf I am thinking of buying this model too one question can the landing wheels be removed so it would land on the body?
Hey Trey
When are you going to ship my helicopters?
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=185996
Do I need to get the law involved?
TW
TDubya is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2010, 07:20 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello fellow CB 180q pilot, perhaps the lights you ordered were for E-flite msr&too small? I used eflites light set for my lama and walkera CB180q. Were your stock blades metal with white tips? I have been flying my cb180q for months and still enjoy it.My stock metal blades are perfect for poppin balloons on the balloon course.. Orange is perfect to see! Our flying club flys in an old roller rink and the body style always is a big hit. Everyone says"does the landing gear retract?" No. Anyways. It does a nice rolling taxi and if it were not for the tail rotor. I would just remove the gear..Cheers Janick in Florida. I too removed all the weapons,as I think it saves weight and looks a bit odd?
N212LA is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2010, 12:58 AM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default You've got to be kidding me

Quote:
Thank's but I wanted to keep this thread strictly to this Airwolf model. Nice choice there though!
I find it hard to believe you want to disrepect someone like that. The guy or gal is just trying to help you out and you want to say that. What does it matter what kind of thread you started? Take the advice, say thanks, and go on. Someday you may need his or her help.
bassangler43 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2010, 10:59 AM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassangler43 View Post
I find it hard to believe you want to disrepect someone like that. The guy or gal is just trying to help you out and you want to say that. What does it matter what kind of thread you started? Take the advice, say thanks, and go on. Someday you may need his or her help.
Originally Posted by Marcwolf
Thank's but I wanted to keep this thread strictly to this Airwolf model. Nice choice there though!

he did say thanks, and he didn't disrespect anyone. he also has the right to ask to keep the string on topic being the original poster. also it's not a big hijack, but it is a hijack all the same.
cx2, mcx, T Rex 450 SA, GAUI 550, walkera cb100, 4#6, 4#6S, 4g6S, trex 450 clone, V911/FP100, DX7, DX8
never hold your farts in. they travel up your spine, and that's where s****y ideas come from.
shaggybirdman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2010, 02:13 AM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile Yellow airwolf indoor flying at local club..

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4flwJ3zMtc[/ame]
Blade 400/Hirobo Quark SRB/Blade SR/Walkera cb180q/Blade Msr/MCX2/Silverlit Z/Syma Chinook/Esky big lama/Esky daulphin/Realflight G5/Parkzone mustang/Parkzone T-28 UM/Hobbyzone Champ/Walkera 4-3Q/Walkera falcon ret.art tech MD500 ret./T-Rex 250/500
N212LA is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2010, 01:14 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

tomorrow my CB180Q gets droped off,cant wait!!
celm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2010, 01:10 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It's a great flying machine. I just paired mine with my new Walkera WK-2801 Pro Transmitter. It's a suer nice 8 channel receiver that is just as fully programmable as any Spektrum.
I've noticed that my swashplate isn't level and when trying to fly it I find it hard to bring her into reverse. So, I'll need to adjust that. I'm still looking for somebody to build a set of retracts for her.
I've also get a set of TinyBrightLights for it as well. I just don't know where to plug the lights in to power it. Same for the retracts once made. At least now I'll have a transmitter that can activate the retracts as it's got a special switch for gears.

So, how to make retracts. How to power retracts, and how to power lights?
Old 06-14-2010, 02:20 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
It's a great flying machine. I just paired mine with my new Walkera WK-2801 Pro Transmitter. It's a suer nice 8 channel receiver that is just as fully programmable as any Spektrum.
I've noticed that my swashplate isn't level and when trying to fly it I find it hard to bring her into reverse. So, I'll need to adjust that. I'm still looking for somebody to build a set of retracts for her.
I've also get a set of TinyBrightLights for it as well. I just don't know where to plug the lights in to power it. Same for the retracts once made. At least now I'll have a transmitter that can activate the retracts as it's got a special switch for gears.

So, how to make retracts. How to power retracts, and how to power lights?
did you bind the 2801 to the reciever the 180 came with or you changed the receiver to the RX2801pro to make ot fully programable?
Old 06-14-2010, 02:34 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

hoe do you take teh 180q body off?
Old 06-14-2010, 03:15 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I paired it just as it is. I think first you had to turn on the transmitter, then turn on the helicopter in order for the transmitter to find it. Then I selected a model, and named the model.

The fuselage is bolted on by several screws. You also need to disconnect the swashplate from it's linkages and remove the pin that holds the main gear on the shaft. I have posted pictures of the build in this thread. It took just a few hours to do the work but took me over a month cause I had to wait for Dad's help to get that stupid pin out of the way. Once the pin was removed, it was a piece of cake to complete remove the fuselage, and installing the new one took probably thirty minutes.
I did not have the TinyBrightLights at the time or I would've installed them even though they would not have been powered.

Still unsure how to power them. I'm hoping the 8-channel Walkera receiver could be used here.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:46 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I paired it just as it is. I think first you had to turn on the transmitter, then turn on the helicopter in order for the transmitter to find it. Then I selected a model, and named the model.

The fuselage is bolted on by several screws. You also need to disconnect the swashplate from it's linkages and remove the pin that holds the main gear on the shaft. I have posted pictures of the build in this thread. It took just a few hours to do the work but took me over a month cause I had to wait for Dad's help to get that stupid pin out of the way. Once the pin was removed, it was a piece of cake to complete remove the fuselage, and installing the new one took probably thirty minutes.
I did not have the TinyBrightLights at the time or I would've installed them even though they would not have been powered.

Still unsure how to power them. I'm hoping the 8-channel Walkera receiver could be used here.
the TX2801pro will bind with any walkera reciever,but you dont get the full flying programability of the TX2801pro with out the RX2801pro .cause im going to buy a heli combo kit from wow hobby and the combo comes with the 2801pro TX,and i am going to buy a RX2801pro reciever to put in the 180Q.with that 2801rec you get the full flying programabilty and the use of 4 more channels,and if you want you can set it up to turn lights on and off and even retract landing get if you make a set
Old 06-14-2010, 05:04 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm not sure how to go about making the kit my self. I've studied my Wolf, and it look's like I would have to build some sort of new frame where the gears and battery tray are mounted.

I remember a few years back when I started this hobby, that somebody had made a set of retracts for the Century Hummingbird Airwolf helicopter which had an awful fuselage, but was about the same size. He also made a new fuselage for it. I had purchased both the fuselage and landing gear from him when Dad and I visited the AMA show a few years back. But, I never did figure out the system or had the skill to put the fuse together. Many years later, we now have this beautiful Walkera Airwolf. It's in desperate need of a set of retracts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in