Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > Banshee Helicopters

Banshee Helicopters Banshee Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2013, 08:35 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well today was the big day. Let me be very honest I was crapping my self. Luckly I had a once off detail check by a very good friend of mine....guess what my tail gyro was the wrong way....I got very lucky there. So we quickly changed it and carried on with the final checks. Spooled her up to make sure normal mode was as my jlog reading and off she went.

I had a total of 3 flights with her, the best thing was I did not have to change any settings on my beastx, she fekt so locked in. The banshee is really much faster than the TDR, now im not just saying this to justify the mobey spent but REALLY, it flies like nothing I have ever flown. The only model I can compare it to currently is my TDR, to put blantly the TDR feels spongy in the air while the banshee....well damn so much power and sooo locked in. Not sure if its got anything ti do with the HC servos but wow what a feeling.

The sound is incredible, the crowd was loving it and my wife could not stip saying how fast it was. The best of all was when I came into land turning down RPM to 1180...there was silence as every one even I thought there was something wrong but she just gently got laid down and I could not stop smilling!

I can honestly say that what ever everyone has been saying...WELL ITS TRUE!!!
wblombard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2013, 09:09 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

It really is crazy how different it feels in the air.

It's not your servos causing the difference. I'm currently running identical blades and identical FBL controllers on my TDR and Banshee. Both have Futaba servos and the Banshee's are actually slower 0.13 vs 0.11 on my TDR. They weigh within 3 oz of each other.

Yet the Banshee feels more precise and locked in even at 1300 and 1650rpm.

I think the TDR and Banshee are complimentary. The TDR is very quiet and smooth at lower headspeeds and a lot of fun to fly there. The Banshee flies very well at low head speeds too but just begs to be cranked up so you can hear it scream.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:23 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Ready for its maiden under new ownership

Ohhhh lucky for tail direction!!!

Wait till next time it gets even better!

Ive done some thing with her not sure how the blades dont snap off!
helicraze is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2013, 11:11 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

William,
Really good catch on the tail that would have been a disaster for sure!!! Well we told you what to expect and it will just get better as you get more comfortable with it.
Wait till you start trying different things with it, be ready for everything to speed up on you!!! LOL!!!
Banshee # 45 700 LE and 850
jcflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2013, 12:15 PM   #45 (permalink)
CHC Benefactor

Thumbs up Great stuff!

Congrats William on the successful maiden! I have been waiting to see how it went. I did the tail reverse thing when I upgraded the tail servo on my Logo 550 without recalibrating the Vbar. Turns out different brands go in different directions. Who'da thought? Only had to replace tail blades though, due to field being pebble ridden

Cheers, Geoff.
Raptorapture is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2013, 09:38 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you Guys!! It was quite the eventful day. I cant stop thinking of how great the banshee flies, incredible. Best money I havespent with a long shot.

Below are some pictures for you guys. Shame, my wife was so amazing, she comes back after being at the shops a little upset, i asked why and she just said that she wanted to make me a shirt stating : 6 December 2013 Banshee Maiden, and a shirt for her saying: No 1 supporter. How cute is that?? Wow!

Attached Files
File Type: mov trim.8F3C1ABA-BCB1-4063-A0D8-20A6E138F6DF.MOV (1.32 MB, 619 views)
Old 12-06-2013, 09:42 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here is another video my wife took, unfortunately i cant load more than one item at a time on my iphone.

Landing video:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	470005  
Attached Files
File Type: mov trim.E08869BE-3FD6-4D3B-9434-7CAF3CD31E8A.MOV (3.32 MB, 638 views)
Old 12-06-2013, 09:43 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	470006  
Old 12-07-2013, 04:20 AM   #49 (permalink)
HF Support

Great photos, thanks for sharing!
Old 12-07-2013, 04:51 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cant wait next banshee!"#%

Graz for maiden, superb machine!
xioxia is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2013, 07:19 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Pity about the T-shirt!!!

Congrats William
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2013, 08:25 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinger View Post
Pity about the T-shirt!!!

Congrats William
Agreed, my wife said the same thing. Strange that it did not even criss my mind. I was a little stressed out.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:40 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I fly Align as well, was just kidding!! Got one of those shirts as well......
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2013, 10:02 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Enjoy!
ElectricSheep is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2013, 07:31 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinger View Post
I fly Align as well, was just kidding!! Got one of those shirts as well......
Do you have one of these on order?
Old 12-08-2013, 07:38 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm quite keen to get some....still waiting for Hansjorg to get back to me on my current order regarding shipping and applying my canopy decals...maybe I'll ask him to add a shirt in the cart as well.
Old 12-14-2013, 04:28 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuriell View Post
I have no probs handing over my Banshee controls to a pro. At the last national Aussie meet there were about 5 stations all smacking around under a 100 feet. I handed over my Banshee to Gavin Broadbent who took her quietly up to about 400 feet way out and then brought her down at a high speed pass at about 200 feet, way above the flight boxes of the others. Need less to say after the Banshee scream, the other guys landed and just watched in awe and enjoyed the show. One of those memorable moments ....
Haha... I remember that flight at Coffs. I was at the other end of the field and recall the whole crowd and other helis go eerily silent. Moments later, the Banshee screamed past before quickly disappearing into the distance.

I swear that Gavin must have better than 20/20 vision as he flew it further and higher than most people I know would dare!
Old 12-14-2013, 09:14 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Im not so sure buying the Banshee was a good thing. It has really caused me to like my TDR less. At this stage without exaggerating this is one of the best heli's i have ever flow, heard or seen. This thing just screams and the more power i give it the more it wants. Almost like that friend when you go out at night getting slaughtered where you have had enough and he just always gets you to have another. One of your best friends that just always gets you to go way beyond your limit.

DAMN!!!! I really enjoy this heli. It is soo fast! I got a amp spike of 209A today (split second) like I said it just makes me push her harder and she just laughs!!
Old 12-14-2013, 11:56 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by wblombard View Post
Im not so sure buying the Banshee was a good thing. It has really caused me to like my TDR less. At this stage without exaggerating this is one of the best heli's i have ever flow, heard or seen. This thing just screams and the more power i give it the more it wants. Almost like that friend when you go out at night getting slaughtered where you have had enough and he just always gets you to have another. One of your best friends that just always gets you to go way beyond your limit.

DAMN!!!! I really enjoy this heli. It is soo fast! I got a amp spike of 209A today (split second) like I said it just makes me push her harder and she just laughs!!
You might try to enjoy the TDR at lower headspeeds, and use your Banshee for higher head speeds, but you probably already know that the Banshee is perfectly happy at very low headspeeds too.

I will be very curious to see where they found room to improve it.
Old 12-14-2013, 12:17 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkovalcson View Post
You might try to enjoy the TDR at lower headspeeds, and use your Banshee for higher head speeds, but you probably already know that the Banshee is perfectly happy at very low headspeeds too.

I will be very curious to see where they found room to improve it.
Jip I do know that, however the Banshee at 1700RPM is still light years ahead of the TDR at 1700 RPM. I'm finding it hard to enjoy my TDR like I use to. Need to establish common ground. Going to change the TDR setup to mode 4 again which allows me a RPM range the same as the Banshee. However there is no way the TDR can do what the banshee does. Take a sharp turn with the banshee and you think you were a bit hard when you realize it wants more of that, take the same turn with the TDR and it feels sloppy. Question is, am I going mad!!! The TDR was AMAZING...well thats how I felt before 6 December. My outlook regarding Heli's has changed. Starting to realize what some have been saying about the diabolo vs TDR

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in