Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > Heli-Max Helicopters

Heli-Max Helicopters Heli-Max Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2015, 05:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up FP200 V-CAM / NOVUS FP200 - Parts compatability .

Hi all,
New here, and new to flying helis . Having a blast .........and breaking stuff too !

Started with the cheapy , indoor, easy flying micros you can get all over . Had some fun , but knew I wanted to go bigger soon . Tried a friends Novus FP200 , and liked it .
So, I settled on the new FP200 V-Cam. Waited FOREVER for it to be released. .......... finally got an e-mail fom Tower that they got them in stock ..........think it was the day after Christmas. Instantly ordered it , with a nice Christmas coupon and it was on its way.
Since this was my first "real" step in the Heli world ......I didn't order any spare parts with the order ......... .
Learned real fast, that when you learn to fly a real Heli like a 4 channel ............stuff breaks when you crash !
Yep, broke landing skids, body got damaged up pretty good , then I broke a main rotor blade .........I was done for a while now. Blade broke right at the LED strip on the blade ...........not happy .

Went back to Tower to order some parts .........Main rotor blades not in stock . Nobody had them after a quick search . Then had a quick thought, and started double checking and cross referencing parts from the FP 200 Vcam to the Novus FP 200.
After checking, I noticed that a LOT of the parts were the same for the 2 Helis......a LOT . Obviously bodys are different and a few other things ...........including the main rotor blades . But wait .......of coarse they are different , the Vcam has LED's in the blades, and the Novus FP200 does not ......could they be interchangeable ?
So .......leap of faith ........ordered a bunch of Novus FP200 parts, including main rotor blades , and hoped for the best .

Well ............everything works just fine. Main rotor blades are exactly the same , just no LED's on the Novus blades . Because of that the Novus main rotor blades are WAY cheaper (like 10 blades for $20.) than the VCAM blades , and should be stronger .........as they dont have a weak spot at the LED strips .

Seem to have a problem with the tail rotor gears kind of slipping and it sound like a clicking sound once in a while at certain tail speeds . Think I will shim the gears a little tighter to see if that helps .

Anyway ........hoep this helps someone with a new VCAM that needs parts.

Going out to break stuff .............
b0atguy
b0atguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2015, 09:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Novus 200 FP

Late input but the Nine Eagles 228P is a Novus 200 FP and the parts can be found on eBay for less $$ than the Heli-Max parts. The eBay seller is very reliable.
gompers is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in