Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > Phoenix Flight Sim > Phoenix Custom Creations

Phoenix Custom Creations Phoenix Flight Sim Custom Models and Fields

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2013, 09:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Using Phoenix Creator with Windows 7

Has anyone had the problem I will explain here with Phoenix Creator using windows 7?

First of all;
I have Phoenix Creator v2.5b installed on a windows 7 system.
The program seems to work.
I have added the six image panels to create the entire 360-degree scene.
Added a starting position “default 1” and exported the scene to Phoenix 4.
I can fly in the scene and collide with the ground.

The text below is from the help file for Phoenix Creator v2.5b.

Adding Collision Geometry
Without accurately placed collision geometry, the simulated model will simply fall through the scene, and not appear to collide with any of the panoramic elements of the background. Therefore collision geometry is crucial for an accurate simulation.
Collision geometry
To add a collision geometry element to the scene, select one of the geometry classes by clicking a button in the top panel, and then click a position in the scene.
Once you have created a piece of collision geometry, it will be shown in the main scene, and a manipulator will appear which will let you position or orient the object. You can then name the collision geometry using the edit-box to the right of the top panel.
Cube
Adds a cube primitive to the scene. You can then set the cube's width, height and length, and the orientation and position of the primitive.

Now for the problem!
I have added the cube to the scene, just as stated above.
The object manipulator appears.
But no object that can be manipulated is shown.
I would think that some kind of shape should be shown and when manipulated the shape should change.
Holding down the shift key and dragging the colored boxes to change the size of the object does nothing.
I have look for a way to make the object appear but no luck.

Any help with this would be very much welcomed.
Ridgeline
ridgeline is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2013, 07:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Fix

I finally figured this problem out with the help of a friend.

First of all, when I installed Phoenix 4 Flight Simulator I gave the install folder a name other then the default that the installer wanted. Then when I installed Phoenix Creator I did the same thing. Both programs install a folder called “resources”. Phoenix Creator uses many of the files that are in the Phoenix4 resources folder, so if Phoenix Creator is not in the same folder with Phoenix4 it cannot find those files. The file that is used to show the red cube shape is called SolidRed.bmp; it’s not in the Phoenix Creator “resources/textures” folder but it is in the Phoenix4 “resources/textures/misc” folder. As long as Creator can find that file, you can see the red cube shape changing size when you use the manipulator for resizing (Shift Key).

Bottom line is that there is no Windows 7 problem, and Phoenix Creator works fine with Windows 7. It’s best to install Phoenix Creator in the same folder where Phoenix4 is installed.
ridgeline is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in