Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2009, 08:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default T-Rex 450X

was trolling around the forum looking for this answer and could not find it. I have a 450X, yes not an SE or a Sport or a Pro..yup the old grey plastic 450X ( it has been " stretched " ). Over the years it ahs served me well but now I am looking to make some changes as parts get harder and harder to find. I will get to the point now. I am sure posted around here somewhere is a thread where people put tons of work in to cross referencing what parts work on what version of Align 450's. It woul be great if someone could link that for me. I need to replace a tail rotor grip and I decided to upgrade to an entire aluminum setup ( 99.00 from microheli ) . Some of us do have a family to support so I was looking at getting the OEM Align CNC from say an SE V1 or V2. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
colson3265 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2009, 03:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unless you go for "clone" parts, upgrading an old Trex with Align metal parts may be very expensive. You may almost be better off getting a used V2 or even a new Trex or similar and transferring the electronics over.

Any clone tail that fits a Trex boom should though (I think that the 450X boom is the same diameter, just different stock length to the later models) - I fitted a complete HDX450 tail to my SA (about $50), and CopterX was selling a metal head & tail combo for $50. The head may not work on an X though

Colin
Baumann EC-145 800+ (coming soon )
Andy01 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2009, 06:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thank you for the response. I fugured the diameter of the boom might be the same. I have done the " Stretch " on it already by putting a newer boom on it. I just wanted to make sure they did not change the belt or the geometry of the servo connecting to the whole tail system. Once again, thanks.
colson3265 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2009, 05:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi there. My Trex started life as yours did. I fully upgraded mine with Micro-Heli, "before I knew better", but so far I've had good luck with it. What I liked about it was the combination packs and ready to install head and tail systems they have offered. So far, I'm happy with my Trex, but looking for better parts my self.
If you've flown yours and your ready for an upgrade, I'd just save up the extra money and get the newer versions that are already fully-alloy'd. I think would cost the same/more upgrading your current one versus getting a newer version that's already complete.
Good luck!

By the way, as I stated in another thread, mine started off life just as yours is now. But as of today, nothing stock is left. It is 100% upgraded. I just wished I used better alloy than MH.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in