Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Electric Motors, Gearing, Speed Controls, Gyros, Receivers, and Other Electronics Discussion

Electric Motors, Gearing, Speed Controls, Gyros, Receivers, and Other Electronics Discussion Electric Motors, Gearing, Speed Controls, Gyros, Receivers and Other Electronics Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2012, 04:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 600MX cut out on 600 pro

I recently replaced my 600mx on the 600pro I have and all was running well. I have a helijive 120 which I have been using without problems. I just bought a set of thunderpower 65c 3300 batteries and took them out for a fight. All was good but on the third flight during a hard collective manoeuvre the motor cut out. I had a hard auto in and damaged the blades slightly and undercarriage only.
I had power to the servos and the V bar log showed no loss of power. The V bar log log shows the crash on page 30 at time 2:53 and I have uploaded the lov file from the jlog.
I note the ubec voltage goes flat at the time of crash and then comes back. any significance?
Any help would be appreciated as to why the motor cut out. I have programed the helijive 1,4,9. I did not reprogram it after changing the motor,same make and model. Should it matter?
Everything is working fine now and I forgot to look for the blinking lights on the ESC
Thanks for any help.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf log.pdf (314.5 KB, 43 views)
File Type: zip Crash 600.zip (33.1 KB, 37 views)

Last edited by smsodhi; 05-27-2012 at 02:04 PM..
smsodhi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2012, 12:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

You probably need to also use KSA mode (mode 10 on a PowerJive). What you describe is unfortunately common for Align motors. We've seen it a lot with the 700MX. While I don't fully understand it, I've been told the issue is probably related to the magnets not being exactly equidistantly spaced around the inner circumference in the can. This can cause havoc for the ESC's auto timing routine during high power situations, causing the Jive to shutdown for safety.
NRPY is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2012, 02:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks, Stolla said the same thing to me.
I am kicking myself now as I was going to get the KDE motor and decided to go with the 600mx again as I did not have any issues. I guess my flying style has changed now and / or I was lucky with the old motor, Also the old packs were not as powerful as the TP packs. 9 on the helijive is KSA mode.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in