Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2012, 03:25 PM   #361 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I haven't seen one that wasn't stock yet. Only thing I've seen changed is the pinion and I've flown with both pinions as well. Anyone that went to efest could have seen it flying in stock form.
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2012, 06:58 PM   #362 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thats the wire from the battery to the ESC.. Routed almost the same is my B450.
InFocus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2012, 07:31 PM   #363 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin3 View Post
Blade/horizon will be selling carbon blades for the 300x.
Neat.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:43 PM   #364 (permalink)
Registered Users

If only they weren't going to be significantly higher priced than the Align one's for a 450. The SR CF blades were almost $40 locally, Align's are $20.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:54 PM   #365 (permalink)
Registered Users

The latest video looks like stock woodies, doing some pretty amazing stuff.
InFocus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2012, 10:08 PM   #366 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFocus View Post
The latest video looks like stock woodies, doing some pretty amazing stuff.
For sure -

If the eFlights are pricey I'll be rolling with the woodies or some after markets...

Woodies were around $12-$15 for the SR.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:14 PM   #367 (permalink)
Registered Users

Don't get me wrong, using the CP woodies on my SR yielded good results, I certainly wasn't outflying my blades. I'm just a sucker for CF and the smaller SR one's should cost more than ones for a 450.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:56 PM   #368 (permalink)
Registered Users

As for the blades and such This is why I have been tooting the if it runs awesome in stock this will be a home run. If guys start hopping it up just get a trex 250. CF blades for a 250 are pretty common and can be had for 20 or cheaper. How many 300 size heli's are out there? CF blades are 29.99 on the HH site.........
litehawkdown is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2012, 04:18 PM   #369 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Poss CF blade option for $18
http://www.ebay.com/itm/130544560760

Would need to check the root thickness, there was mention earlier about specialy weighted blades for FBL, so it may just be worth paying the extra for the right blade

I've got a set of carbon blades from when I had an SR, they will no doubt be given a try
toys2cars2toys is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2012, 05:15 PM   #370 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm betting companies will start making decent blades that are cheaper then the stock CF ones because this will likely have a much higher demand for CF blades then the sr did sense that was a beginner heli and this one is for those looking to start or continue into 3d.
BurritoSnake is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2012, 03:02 AM   #371 (permalink)
Registered Users

Woodies are OK on small helis but the problem is they absorb moisture. If you live in a country like the UK, where the weather can change from day to day then the blades can change shape. One day they track fine and the next day they don't.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:53 AM   #372 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahbouni View Post
Woodies are OK on small helis but the problem is they absorb moisture. If you live in a country like the UK, where the weather can change from day to day then the blades can change shape. One day they track fine and the next day they don't.
True! True!

Same sh*t here in Estonia! Not that fast, off-course, but similar!
STAZZ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2012, 09:04 AM   #373 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahbouni View Post
Never thought of that. Too bad the plastic coating doesn't help with that...
Old 03-28-2012, 02:50 PM   #374 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've used these CF blades on my Blade SR in the past with success. They're really good quality. They just came back in stock today. They are 1cm longer than the stock blades. I'd recommend them. They're from a US store and they ship fast, HeliDirect.

Also, I thought black blades would be a problem until I got my Blade 450X yesterday. The black blades really don't seem any less visible than white ones. I know because I also have the Blade 450 3D (selling soon) that has white blades. That being said, I'll wait for the Blade 300X CF blades. The blue canopy of the 450X, well that's another story. What a really bad idea! Maybe I'll sell it with my 450 3D.

- Larry
lkagan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2012, 10:10 AM   #375 (permalink)
Registered Users

Seems to be a lot of interest in the 300X but it's not for me, it looks too fragile (and expensive); I need a cheap crash-resistant 120-size CPX as a step up from my mcpx. Can't understand why Blade haven't come up with one yet...?
Andrew73 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2012, 12:20 PM   #376 (permalink)
Registered Users

Fragile? maybe. Expensive? no way, you're pretty much getting the MB unit and a cheap heli to go with it. This is by far the best 300 size combo in the market right now
Chep is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2012, 12:42 PM   #377 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chep View Post
...This is by far the best 300 size combo in the market right now
Totally true (although it's not on the market yet haha). BTW, here is a VERY helpful thread you might be interested in as far as that goes: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=400415

I get what Andrew was saying though (and they're probably working on a heli like that). But for a 'real' CP heli, this is the best bargain I've ever seen based on flight vids/specs!

And by 'real' CP heli, I mean full-sized micro servos, variable pitch tail (no direct drive fixed pitch tail), brushless power, etc.

Any real CP heli is going to be less durable than an mCPX in todays market, but you get a lot more from it too. Better in mild wind, better visability, better power, better tail, etc.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:44 PM   #378 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew73 View Post
Seems to be a lot of interest in the 300X but it's not for me, it looks too fragile (and expensive); I need a cheap crash-resistant 120-size CPX as a step up from my mcpx. Can't understand why Blade haven't come up with one yet...?
Walkera has the V120D02S that gets rave reviews and it amazingly tolerant to crashes. I was considering getting it. I decided to wait on Blade to come up with one so I can use my Spektrum transmitter. I have a feeling they have something up their sleeve since the msr-x has been out a while and there is still no 120SR-x. I have a feeling we'll see a 120 CP X with AS3X. I'm just curious how they'll handle the tail. I'd love to see a TT but I have a feeling they'll do a tail motor with variable pitch tail blades.

By the way, the reason they haven't come up with one is because I'm pretty sure they've been busy with the mSR X, mQX, 300x, 450 3D, 450 X, 500 3D, 500 X and even the little scout. I won't count the minor update to the mcp-x since the community pretty much came up with those changes. But they certainly have been busy, and I'm grateful!

- Larry
lkagan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2012, 12:54 PM   #379 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew73 View Post
I don't get the idea of taking many tiny steps towards a bigger heli. Even a 120 is gonna be likely to break things in a crash but won't be much more useful of a training tool than the mCP. Why not just practice on a sim, then take it to an mCP and when it's effortless on the mCP do it with the 300X? That way you can still fly outside your skill set with the mCp consequence free and have a better performing bird to really learn to fly within your abilities with.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:02 PM   #380 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojappa View Post
I don't get the idea of taking many tiny steps towards a bigger heli. Even a 120 is gonna be likely to break things in a crash but won't be much more useful of a training tool than the mCP. Why not just practice on a sim, then take it to an mCP and when it's effortless on the mCP do it with the 300X? That way you can still fly outside your skill set with the mCp consequence free and have a better performing bird to really learn to fly within your abilities with.
I tend to agree.

I had an mSR for a couple weeks Aug '09, then went straight to a 450 Pro, which was fine, but it was just too pretty to crash and a bit intimidating at the time. So I bought a Blade SR to fill the gap. I think that was a nice setup, and it bridged the difference perfectly.

I've had probably 8 helis or so since 2009, but now only have an mCPX and a 450 Pro (just sold the 250 Microbeast). Over the last year I bought a new house and lots of house toys, so now I'm looking for something a little cheaper to crash compared to my 450 Pro and the 300 X is perfect for that. I also like the size.

I am going to fly the crap out of this thing just like I (and Mo' and some of my other pals) did with the SR. That thing was a blast for what it was!

Right Mo'!?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in