Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > SR

SR Blade Helicopters (eFlite) SR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2011, 08:50 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

i really appreciate all the advice....now i just need to fight my lack of patience for a bigger spot to fly inside
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2011, 12:37 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Arrow New SR - New Flyer - New Year - New Hobby etc....lol

Hey all, this is my SR. Just got it and its my first CP heli. Just recently dove into the RC heli world and I'm loving every second of it. Flown lots of coaxial stuff before but my first, what I would consider hobby grade heli, was the Blade mSR which is pictured next to the SR in my photos here. Please let me know your thoughts if any. I'm curious as to others experiences with this and other mico/mini CP helis. I completely agree with Gadget1500, this heli, all be it great, is not set up for perfect characteristics right out of the box. Although frustrating, I'd imagine that to be the case with alot of the more complicated packages as I move up in the hobby. So any how, as for now the SR is completely stock, with the exception of having to replace the main gear. I am looking at upgrading to a carbon boom, and also thought of picking up a the SR TUFF kit from MIA. After some research, I think I would consider an aluminum swash and perhaps rotor head. Any advice you guys may have is greatly welcomed. Thanks for looking.

Also, anyone from the Ohio area, Cleveland? I'm looking for a flying club or atleast some new flying friends and locations.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00062-20110125-1308.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	203803   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00063-20110125-1309.jpg
Views:	621
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	203804   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00065-20110125-1309.jpg
Views:	480
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	203805   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00060-20110125-1307.jpg
Views:	548
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	203806  
Dr.Bizarro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2011, 10:21 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Fly it stock. Learn to fly, do some research, then decide whether you want to upgrade or move on to something bigger.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:50 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Looks good Bizarro... er sorry, DR! Bizarro... Not sure just how beneficial the MIA stuff is, nearly anyone I've seen that's gotten it (not EVERYone but close) suggests it really isn't worth it To each his own, if you like it do it I found one of the better things I did with my SR was to put 450 landing gear on it. Gives a bit wider and sturdier base to land on. Put some stiffer dampers in the head with a couple extra shims and throw that aluminum swash that your talking about on there (to prevent the separations) and I don't really see a TON of other stuff that will really "improve" the SR a whole lot more than that. Some tail mods have been attempted and changed and messed with some more and $$ sunk into it but really? I flew My SR all the time and always used it with a stock tail. I learned to fly and now have a Blade 400, Trex 450 and Trex 500. Once you learn to fly, the SR will not be enough for you. I'm not saying that assumingly, it's pretty much fact lol! This hobby will have you soooooo hooked once you get the hang of it that before you know it, you'll want another, and another, and another.... you get the idea. Have fun and welcome to the CP heli realm! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask, lots of help here on the freak
Old 02-03-2011, 08:02 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blade SR

Glad to read some of the positive comments about the SR. I've had mine about eight months now and I love it. I'm not a 3D flyer so most of what I do is hover and forward and side ways flight. But I'm having a great time. I'm getting real sick of some folks talking negatively about the SR. Mine has never given me one ounce of trouble. I've had a few crashes but have repaired them real cheaply and back flying quickly. I own the Blade 400 also and the SR is a great flying heli.
moparherb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2011, 03:07 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here is my machine !!
Its my first CP heli , coming from an mSR and a 120SR.... and I am LOVING the SR !!
Not had it for long. Got some Blade 400 landing gear on it , and some nice Turnigy Lipos for it, and my favoured Monster Energy logo !!!

Had Blast with it yesterday. Only my second proper outing with it..... and I dialled some lovely banked circles !! WOO HOO ! Man this thing can shift !!.... (I know its no 3D but it made me grin like a Cheshire Cat !! ) Just need to put them together to make figure 8's now !!

mCPX BL Goblin
CyclicPete is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2011, 11:23 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi fellow SR owners, my first post on the forum. Glad so many people like the SR, I love mine despite the bad things some people write about them.
Been teaching myself to fly helis since January after flying planes for a while and buying a Lama coax a few years ago and losing interest with it.
Like a lot of you I've worked up from an mSR, 120sr to my SR and I have a 400 I've been setting up too, my gf is buying me an mCPX as soon as they're back in stock for my birthday, so you could say I'm hooked!
Here's an action shot of my SR still with TG fitted, today I graduated to some bigger landing gear, Blade400 skids with Twister 3D storm struts, they're identical to 400 struts, just black, my LHS didn't have genuine Blade ones in stock. I think they look pretty cool!
It's also got carbon CP Pro blades, but otherwise stock.

Jimi Wishbone is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2011, 02:32 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Looks good Jimi
Old 04-17-2011, 02:59 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cheers Danno, flys really well too, took it to an indoor flyin last night, needed a bit of adjustment after being setup for the TG, but, not too bad.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:30 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here are my new canopies
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	srpics 007.JPG
Views:	604
Size:	291.7 KB
ID:	222311   Click image for larger version

Name:	srpics 011.JPG
Views:	608
Size:	275.2 KB
ID:	222312   Click image for larger version

Name:	srpics 001.JPG
Views:	531
Size:	280.5 KB
ID:	222313   Click image for larger version

Name:	srpics 019.JPG
Views:	489
Size:	285.4 KB
ID:	222314  
bryce05 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2011, 10:37 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Very nice! did you have many problems fitting them in the end?
Old 04-17-2011, 10:43 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just had to trim the bottom
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	srpics 004.JPG
Views:	703
Size:	245.2 KB
ID:	222315  
Old 04-21-2011, 07:58 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice paint Bryce, do it yourself.
CrashCanuck is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2011, 10:31 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashCanuck View Post
Nice paint Bryce, do it yourself.
I wish! There from Fusuno canopies
Old 05-15-2011, 01:24 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Here's mine, bought off Craigslist, after pulling it apart to check the setup, removing the flybar weghts (1 pair) tracking the blades, & plugging the in the remote gyro gain, it flies fairly well. Have 8 flights on it with no major mishaps, total repair costs about $.07, small length of heat shrink tubing to fix the skids. It's hovering fine, & if I can start nailing my landings the training wheels will come off in the next few days!

Name:	DSCN0118.jpg
Views:	555
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	227876

Name:	DSCN0120.jpg
Views:	515
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	227877

Name:	DSCN0121.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	227878

Last edited by bshinn; 05-15-2011 at 01:25 PM.. Reason: sp
bshinn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2011, 02:25 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The best money I have spent so ar on my SR!

I put Blade 400 landing gear and training gear on. What a difference. The SR looks a lot meaner than before. My buddy also gave me some foam (Fake Carbon) blades that are 275mm. They are great too.

Next I'm going to get the knitting needels that others are suggesting for replacement tail booms except I will cut them 30mm longer to compensate for the longer blades.

1/2 the fun in this hobby is playin around!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	BladeSR-Modified.jpg
Views:	525
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	229555  
i00jay is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2011, 04:49 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm looking for some sweet new Canopies for my SR. Where can I get a good selection that is also close enough in size to fit my baby?
BackflipsWanted is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2011, 12:08 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I'd say don't bother. You'll outgrow the SR quick. If you have to have a custom canopy, go to fusuno.com. They'll can put any design you find (on their site or on the internet) on a fibreglass canopy.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:51 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up Blade SR - a rookie's first CP heli

I'm new to flying CP heli's and really enjoying it with the SR. I've read lots of posts
with both positive and negative opinions on the SR and for me at least it has been
a good start to a really fun hobby! I actually own two SR's ... one I bought at an
estate sale, saw it sitting in the corner and no one showing any interest I bought
it for $40 w/TX. And as fate would have it the day I came home with it my girlfriend
was already home with a new SR for me as a gift. So I thought what the heck, it's
meant to be and I kept them both. One in stock blue/white and the other I changed
the canopy to red/org/white with orange tail fins. I also changed both to the B400
landing gear as many have as there wider which is good for the uneven ground in
my backyard.

I tried flying with the training gear but found them more trouble than they helped so
I dumped them and have had an easier time learning. Had one minor crash with
blue SR and it cost $12 to repair. The tail motor is not the best as many have noted
but for me at least it works ok as I'am flying in normal flight mode and will stay
there as I want to fly scale with a nice fuselage at some point. Which is not too
far off as I can now fly basic circles, figure eights, forward and backward flight as
well as general flight around the local park. The only other changes I've made to
both SR's is I removed the extra flybar weight they came with and the blue one
has plastic blades same size as the Blade woodie's. The one crash I had with blue
never even put a mark on the blades, although one of the replacement parts was
a new tail boom . Also upgraded the lipo batteries to Turnigy 3 cell 1300mah
from Hobby King and they work great, get a solid 11min in normal flight mode flying
around the local park. They fit perfect and are not overly heavy. Although I would
not consider anything bigger as they would be too heavy and would not likely fit
under the canopy.

I also fly using a DX6i which made learning much easier as you can program it to
tame the heli while learning. I started flying with 60% elev-aile and 70%rudder then
slowly as I got comfortable moved it up by 5% every week until now I'm at 90 across
the board. I don't use any expo I have it INH as I like the heli responsive, also set
the pitch curve in normal flight mode so I would have -2 at low stik - +6.5 at mid
stik - and +9.0 at high stik, and this for me at least has worked awesome.

Anyway...I've rambled on with my post so I'll end it with saying a big thank you
to all those who take the time to post excellent tips and tricks in all aspects of this
hobby, it has been a big help to a newbie like me.

All the best! Mike.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	BSR 002.jpg
Views:	418
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	231081   Click image for larger version

Name:	BSR 003.jpg
Views:	435
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	231082  
Old 06-05-2011, 07:26 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Some fairly nice helis in here so thought I'd show off my some of current mods..... Basically removed everything from it & put it in a jar......

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And here it is after some re-assembly today... I 'll be posting soon to ask for some help getting the pitch right etc. All the stuff fired back up when put back together so I think it will be okay. Frame was busted pretty bad so had to tear it all down.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
qcman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in