Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2011, 09:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 450 Pro Upgrades

I was thinking of buying a T-Rex 450 Pro.

I'm not sure if I should buy the Super Combo with all the servos and electorics

or

if I should buy just the kit and buy the servos, esc, motor, etc. separately.

What normally gets upgraded on the T-Rex 450 Pro?
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2011, 10:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nothng needs to be upgraded.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I notice that you fly a Blade 400 at the moment. I have just made the transition from the Blade. So it might seem odd to get a heli where you don't need to upgrade everything or at least virtually everything but it seems that with the Trex 450 you don't need to. Admittedly I bought a bare bones kit and took my 65MGs and Quark gyro into the Trex (it seriously rocks with this set up by the way) but looking at what everyone else has said about it, if you buy the full combo there is no need to upgrade at all.

Having said that, there are some worthwhile upgrades out there. Forget the CNC bits and bobs unless you just want to add bling - and no reason why you shouldn't do this, but eventually you might want to go flybarless or go to 4 or 6s power system. Otherwise it just plain and simply rocks as is. You will be blown away by the quality over the Blade although the Blade does make for an excellent entry into CP rc helis
Old 04-13-2011, 11:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I bought the supercombo with motor/esc servos gyro etc... I like everything about the kit.

If I were to do it again Id go the same route.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If you want better servos, you can get the kit, and just get HS-5065MGs and a DS3500G and a quark. That's about it. You can go crazy and unload 1000$ on it, but even the super combo is already 10x better than any B400
Old 04-13-2011, 05:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Stock servos at hit or miss. BE CAREFUL when you install the cyclic servos!! They can bind the inside guts if you're not careful installing. Seen all 3 go at the same time cause they were bound up.
Anthony440 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2011, 05:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, watch Finless Bob's videos ref the servo binding. Can also happen to other servos such as the HS65MGs as per Bob's vid. It should not be a problem providing you are aware of the problem and build the heli accordingly.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think you should not buy a super combo of 450 Pro. Because those 410M servo is too bad, it will waste your time and your budget.
ddhuans is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2011, 09:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

The stock 410Ms are running great, 110 hard flights and 2 crashes and they are still working great.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I've used the DS410Ms at least 100 flights on the Pro and another 50 on the 250 and never had a problem with em.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

You dont have a problem with them until now is not mean you will never have a problem with them ^^,about 80% my first crashes is because of 410M, they died without a notice, unlike 65MG
ddhuans is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2011, 02:16 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddhuans View Post
You dont have a problem with them until now is not mean you will never have a problem with them
Well, that's true of anything. Sooner or later anything mechanical will fail.
GT86 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2011, 02:40 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddhuans View Post
You dont have a problem with them until now is not mean you will never have a problem with them ^^,about 80% my first crashes is because of 410M, they died without a notice, unlike 65MG
How many crashes is 80%? My servos would have failed long before 100 flights if they were that bad.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:19 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blink 182 View Post
How many crashes is 80%? My servos would have failed long before 100 flights if they were that bad.
I think if your careful not to bind them while installing then, they are fine. Also, most crashes are harder on a digital servo than an analog. So any digital servo of any brand can be burned up in a good crash, especially in this size. Imo
Anthony440 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2011, 12:27 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

The upgrade to have in my opinion for the 450 pro, is flybarless. It takes a great helicopter and turns it into an awesome helicopter.
XYZVector is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2011, 02:47 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterman440 View Post
I think if your careful not to bind them while installing then, they are fine. Also, most crashes are harder on a digital servo than an analog. So any digital servo of any brand can be burned up in a good crash, especially in this size. Imo

Yup, what I did was install the servos in the bearing blocks very lightly, put in all the frame components and slid the mainshaft through it and then tightened the servos in.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:59 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

The most important upgrade for the 450 Pro is to lengthen the tail shaft so you get more pitch. The tail doesn't hold well in stock form. Either lengthen the flat spot so you can move the hub further out or use the longer shaft from the Rave, which requires some work to swap the gears over.

2nd best upgrade would be Mini Vbar 5.1 or BeastX2. I have both and personally I much prefer Mini Vbar 5.1 but different people will have different opinions.

3rd best upgrade would be a 4s or 6s setup. It pays for itself with the increased flight times and pack cycles. The extra performance is not that necessary unless you fly like Tareq but but it is fun.
Old 04-16-2011, 04:27 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterman440 View Post
I wish that was true... I installed the 410M very carefully, and crashed 2 consecutive weekends because after a couple of great flights, one would slow down after 3 minutes in air making the heli uncontrolable. HS65 never had a problem. 410M are great if they work, but not worth the risk IMHO.
surfgeorge1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2011, 02:39 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile

I got the T-Rex 450 pro for christmas, and..........MY GOD!
It has to be the best heli I have ever had, and the only mechanical failure I had was when I was setting the beast up, and took it out for a test, and it just wasn't ready for it!
If you get it you'll love it, and might even sell your b400, it is just miles, and miles ahead!
But whatever you do, good luck with your new heli, and enjoy flying,
Thanks, Max

T-Rex 450 pro
Eflite blade MCP X (retired, it got too costly to keep buying new 5in1 units)
Max McCarthy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2011, 05:36 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

The only upgrade you realy need is the cyclic servos if you go with the super combo.
The Hitec HS65HB are grat servos. If you decide to go with the digital versions 5065 you will need to buy a programer for them to program the Curent limmit on them. See allot of peoplee complaining about burining them up on inpact coz the the curent limit is set abit high from the factory.
I personaly would stay away from the 65MG(metal gears) Yeas, they do survive a crach, but you gonna get sloppy servos afterwords. The 65HB with carbonite gears are a much better choice. They do usualy strip gears when you crash, but the cost of the HB gears is very small compared to the very expencive metall gears. Mine started out as HS65MG, but now are 65HB with 65MG sticker on them
The carbonite gears stay slop free mush longer then the metall ones.
So the HS65HB is a great combo for the pro. All other upgrades is when you realy do hard controlled 3D with it and want that extra performance.
Then you could start looking in to better gyro, motor, ESC and so on.
Like a wise man said, "If an upgrade is just gonna make your heli look nicer, don't bother"
SAB Goblin 700Comp.
CoolKD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in