Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Electric Motors, Gearing, Speed Controls, Gyros, Receivers, and Other Electronics Discussion > Electric Motors Winding and Repair

Electric Motors Winding and Repair Electric Motors Winding and Repair Discussion

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2014, 02:29 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

BOHO - thank you for the links, but i can't find the Epoxy?
2 X X7 | Scorpion 4525 Ultimate 4+6T YY / Xnove 4530 525 | scorpion Tribunus 200II ESC | Edge 713 | Logo 690SX | Pyro 440 7+8T YY | Castle 120HV | X3 | 4S | HW 50A V2 ESC | Scorpion 2221 2050KV 9T D | SK540 / Brain2 | Mks
omerco is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2014, 04:34 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Click on the photo of magnet wire and scroll towards the bottom of the page you should see a advertisement block with the "insulating varnish" the term they are using..... in different quantities and two grades.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Insulating-V.../281043431885?

Ebay can be cu cu at times... write Temco directly or do a search on insulating varnish.

1BOHO
1BOHO is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2014, 07:31 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here we go Omerco,

http://www.temcoindustrialpower.com/...rnish_overview
http://www.temcoindustrialpower.com/..._resins_guides

Please read the application guides.They are very Informative....

1BOHO
Old 10-20-2014, 04:53 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice! 10X
2 X X7 | Scorpion 4525 Ultimate 4+6T YY / Xnove 4530 525 | scorpion Tribunus 200II ESC | Edge 713 | Logo 690SX | Pyro 440 7+8T YY | Castle 120HV | X3 | 4S | HW 50A V2 ESC | Scorpion 2221 2050KV 9T D | SK540 / Brain2 | Mks
Old 10-20-2014, 08:14 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

The Temco varnish seems to be out of stock everywhere in all sizes.

All I need is the 4 oz can. I might just do the http://www.amazon.com/epoxy-resin-ad.../dp/B000WGYSVO
The guy doing the Scorpion kit demo winds on scorpion.co said it was an alternate for the Scorpion insulating compound.

I've read that clear finger nail polish works well. I just don't know what kind of heat or small amounts of oil it can handle without breaking down.
Old 10-21-2014, 01:11 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

The problem will be with viscosity.

1Boho
Old 10-21-2014, 03:57 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Found an interesting page with few relevant epoxies:
http://stores.ebay.com/SRA-Solder/Ad...=p4634.c0.m322

I think this needed to be a new thread - no one looking for that will find it here. shall we open a new one?
Old 10-21-2014, 04:00 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I looked at the MG Chemicals 832C for securing/protecting windings a week or two ago but I was put off by the price.
Old 10-21-2014, 04:37 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by omerco View Post
Found an interesting page with few relevant epoxies:
http://stores.ebay.com/SRA-Solder/Ad...=p4634.c0.m322

I think this needed to be a new thread - no one looking for that will find it here. shall we open a new one?
Might as well start a new one, Its a needed topic.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:03 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype3a View Post
I looked at the MG Chemicals 832C for securing/protecting windings a week or two ago but I was put off by the price.
http://www.amazon.com/MG-Chemicals-T...gh+temperature

this is the one i have been using. i ensure you it is very nice. can be cured in oven (~120 degree C. or 200 F) in 15 mins. can be used to secure stator, wire, and provide extra insulation for coils.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:50 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by modisc731 View Post
MG Chemicals 832HT High Temperature Epoxy Encapsulating and Potting Compound: Epoxy Adhesives: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

this is the one i have been using. i ensure you it is very nice. can be cured in oven (~120 degree C. or 200 F) in 15 mins. can be used to secure stator, wire, and provide extra insulation for coils.

I'll save this in my favorite's. It's a bit more pricey than I was looking for. I'm looking for a 10 to 20 dollar epoxy or insulating varnish.

What will soften this stuff to get it off, Acetone?
Old 10-22-2014, 08:46 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1 50 dollars for something like this is a bit over the top. I wonder whats up with Temco? High demand???

Whos going to start the new topic???

1BOHO
Old 10-22-2014, 08:49 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladecpnitro View Post
I'll save this in my favorite's. It's a bit more pricey than I was looking for. I'm looking for a 10 to 20 dollar epoxy or insulating varnish.

What will soften this stuff to get it off, Acetone?
acetone (100% nail polish remover, for example) will break most of epoxy, including this MC high temp epoxy, but might not work with 3M Scotch-Weld DP760, the one i used before.
For scorpion's factory epoxy used to glue the magnets to the iron bell, acetone for sure works as well. However, from my experience, i need to soak the rotor in acetone for up to 7 days, with the acetone tank soaked in hot water bath....For MC epoxy, it is even more difficult.
For the glue scorpion used on coils, 2 hours in hot acetone is more than enough. But to break the stator from the stator holder, i still prefer heating the whole block to 200 degree C, maintain for ~5 min, cool at room temperature, then gentle punch will separate both.
Old 10-22-2014, 08:56 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I would bet that putting the bell in a nalgene bottle full of acetone then put that into a heated ultrasonic cleaner would really accelerate that process.

I too have found torching the bearing tube, cool, freeze and tapping with a hammer usually knocks it free.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:18 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype3a View Post
I would bet that putting the bell in a nalgene bottle full of acetone then put that into a heated ultrasonic cleaner would really accelerate that process.

I too have found torching the bearing tube, cool, freeze and tapping with a hammer usually knocks it free.
i donot have the cleaner...sadly...it would be great to have some vibration, in addition to heat great idea.
re-gluing the magnets is really pain in the ass...but most of the scorpion i play with, has uneven spacing of magnets, inclcuding HKIII3536, 5035.....even visible with bare eyes...too bad. Am i just having bad luck?

I glued a HK4035 rotor with 14 magnets my self, there is even no need to do any dynamic balancing work!!! i tested it up to 30,000 rpm, no sensible vibration by my hand. This means 3 things:
1, iron bell, aluminium end bell are symmetrical.
2, originally, magnets are badly aligned, so they add "many" "weight" in weird place in the bell to balance it.
3, anyway, i love how scorpion design aluminium end bell-iron bell fusion. Aluminium part is threaded, and "screwed" into the iron bell, this allows for more precise alignment of both. I saw other brands of motors, just pushing aluminium bell to iron bell...kontronik use screws to hold it, it is fine then; other just use glues...

Above are personal experiences and opinions, could be very wrong!!!
Old 10-22-2014, 10:23 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

[QUOTE=modisc731;6147917]i donot have the cleaner...sadly...it would be great to have some vibration, in addition to heat great idea.
re-gluing the magnets is really pain in the ass...but most of the scorpion i play with, has uneven spacing of magnets, inclcuding HKIII3536, 5035.....even visible with bare eyes...too bad. Am i just having bad luck?

I glued a HK4035 rotor with 14 magnets my self, there is even no need to do any dynamic balancing work!!! i tested it up to 30,000 rpm, no sensible vibration by my hand. This means two things:
2, originally, magnets are badly aligned, so they add "many" "weight" in weird place in the bell to balance it.[/QUOTE

No u havent done anything wrong except giving us an example of what "high quality" is......

Aint that something.......... sounds like youre better off buying a kit than trusting the factory huh?

At over 65K (boating app) The Scorpion can lose its shape too a cf wrap was suggested.....

LOL

1BOHO
Old 10-22-2014, 10:24 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

[quote=1BOHO;6147924]
Quote:
Originally Posted by modisc731 View Post
i donot have the cleaner...sadly...it would be great to have some vibration, in addition to heat great idea.

I glued a HK4035 rotor with 14 magnets my self, there is even no need to do any dynamic balancing work!!! i tested it up to 30,000 rpm, no sensible vibration by my hand. This means two things:
2, originally, magnets are badly aligned, so they add "many" "weight" in weird place in the bell to balance it.[/QUOTE

Aint that something.......... sounds like youre better off buying a kit than trusting the factory huh?

LOL

1BOHO
Kits are normally very expensive...i can only afford used...sadly
Old 10-22-2014, 10:30 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Look Mo..... soft high quality Iron a good thing to a point!

Kits too expensive .... start charging for you winds to pay for your hobby endeavors..... look at the first gen 5035 they are cheaper than the HKIII's
Old 10-22-2014, 03:40 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BOHO View Post
+1 50 dollars for something like this is a bit over the top. I wonder whats up with Temco? High demand???

Whos going to start the new topic???

1BOHO
I will

New thread:
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...91#post6148391

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in