Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > HBFP V1/V2

HBFP V1/V2 E-Sky Honey Bee V1 & V2 Fixed Pitch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2010, 06:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Question Replacement Parts - What to keep in stock?

I am waiting for my first heli to arrive and I am already thinking about what I will be breaking on the first flights. I do not have a local hobby shop so I will need to buy my stuff online.

I am getting a set of carbon fiber replacement blades sent with the HoneyBee, but I am sure I will need more than that. What would you guys suggest that I stock up on so I don't get grounded while waiting for stuff to get shipped in?
SpaCityFlyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2010, 08:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

rotor head set they are about 1 dollar and i break them all the time also get some paddle control frames and ring like links other than that you should be good unless you really crash bad i have broke everything from the main frame to the tail fin but as long as you have the 3 things i said you should be good i order the rotor head set 10 at a time
944own is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2010, 05:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have broken three outer paddle control frames (PCF) and bent two flybars in one week. I've also LOST two of the dogbone connectors for the PCF and broken one ring-like link.

So far I've not broken the rotor head piece and can't fly now because I'm waiting for a CNC PCF and new flybar.

Check the stickies for lots of information including which spares to stock up on.

Steve
spaint2k is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2010, 08:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Foosball im just north of you in the Ozarks. I been learning to fly for several months. I have broke everything. You might consider the Super Blades EZ. They really help you learn to hover are are almost indestructible. Not good for FF tho. Get the parts 944 mentione for sure the rotor head set and ring likes. I broke alot of the center hubs too. Get a flybar or 2 learn to hover and then see where you are fomr there. Like I said I have broke everything. Im waiting on a frame now. Nobody in US has the, Had to order from HK nad will be 2 weeks. Sucks because im off next week and nothing to do.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Remember to buy from either KA-Planes.com or Xheli.com
When ordering from xheli remember to click SPARE PARTS on shipping for a flat $5 rate

Parts? As stated above id say get a few FLYBARS , a few RING LIKES and about 30 or 40 PCFs

Yea and one set of DOGBONES, just like SPAIN said, you wont break em but you may loose them.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

also if the flybars for sure if you order from xheli like i do they seem to always be out of the flybars so you can click http://www.xheli.com/exi-31109.html these flybars are what i have been using and they work great.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

What about tail rotors? Do you guys break those very often?

What is the official name for the "dogbone"?
Old 03-07-2010, 05:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

i have never broke the tail rotor but i have broke the tail fin
Old 03-07-2010, 07:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Foosball View Post
What about tail rotors? Do you guys break those very often?

What is the official name for the "dogbone"?
Linkage rod looks like the right name, but you should check the part number with whatever site you use.

http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=3485

When I was considering my purchase, I had so many spare parts in my shopping cart it made more sense to just buy a second helicopter. That way I get another battery (1/5 of the value!), another charger, and one replacement for everything I could possibly break.
spaint2k is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2010, 07:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaint2k View Post
Linkage rod looks like the right name, but you should check the part number with whatever site you use.

http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=3485

When I was considering my purchase, I had so many spare parts in my shopping cart it made more sense to just buy a second helicopter. That way I get another battery (1/5 of the value!), another charger, and one replacement for everything I could possibly break.
I don't have the budget for that (or I would have bought a more expensive bird). I would rather stock up on the parts that I will break than have two of every part.

I know I will wreck and replace parts, but I am planning on being very conservative at first and following RADD's school (other than his insistence of not using training gear - I will use the training gear)

BTW: Why is KA-planes' stuff twice as expensive as XHeli? I am guessing that is why XHeli is sold out of a lot of stuff and KA isn't.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

almost every part i have broke on my bee at one time or another but believe it or not i have never broke a set of main blades.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:31 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dr. Foos
Rads does have you use training gear, Just later on in the training, after you have learned the "feel" of the controls.
Training gear is good for scooting along the floor like a rc car, but it can also hinder your training if you use them like a crutch.
While your still learning the spoolup and the feel of the controls, the training gear will slow down your learning curve because the helicopter will be too stable and cause you to use more control than you actually need too to receive the same response from the heli. Then when the gear comes off you will constantly over control the heli and have to learn to use small inputs all over again.
The same goes for hovering. While your flying the training gear serves no purpose.
They do add a little bit of weight below the skids which will make the heli just a little more stable, but that also can harm more than help. Thats why most people will tell you that after you can hover reasonably well tail in to take the gear off.
The secret to learning to fly these things is to push yourself just a little bit more every time you fly. If you always stay in your comfort zone you wont learn anything new.
And as someone once told me, "flying helicopters and crashing helicopters go hand in hand. The sooner you get over that, the sooner your flying will get better."
Youve picked the best heli to learn on partly because the parts are so cheap.
( I mean $4 for a set of main blades for the HBFP VS. $100 for a set of 500 blades)

So what Im saying is dont be afraid to scuff it up a little bit these things will take alot of abuse.
As far as spare parts, I bought:
a set of main blades
1 tail rotor
1 swash
2 sets of ringlikes
1 servo pushrod set
1 paddle control frame
1 center hub
3 rotor heads
spare flybar
2 spare main motors
1 spare tail motor
heatsinks for both
I figured once I had to use one I would order a replacement.

The only things I had to replace alot of were the rotor heads, but even that stopped once I wrapped the ball with thread and CA, and took Bugsters advice and cut a ringlike. Oh and motors!

hope my rant helps in some way.

J.R.

Sent from my Laptop using "Hunt and Peck"

Last edited by FLThreeFiveZero; 03-08-2010 at 03:54 PM..
FLThreeFiveZero is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2010, 11:38 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Definitely tail motors, my first lasted three flights. I broke one ring like in that crash and replaced it with a #7 O-ring, haven't broke any more and I had a few spills. Rotor heads for nothing more that the reinforcing plates on the bottom or build one based on the sticky. So far this is what I've needed in my crashing experiences.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in