Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2011, 10:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default New to helicopters - Some help

I just got this helicopter off ebay brand new for $179

Esky 3D Belt-CPX - 2.4GHz 6CH RTF - Orange

After reading a few threads on this, I also got these items...

EXI 450 Pro Head

EFLH1451 Main Gear without One-Way Bearing: B400

and main and tail motor heat sinks.

Anything else I should look into or know about this?
tjb1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2011, 09:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm also quite new to helis, today being my first flight, infact. The Heli you got there looks nice, but I'm not sure it's easy to learn on. I was told to start with a coaxial heli then move to a fixed pitch. It appears that is a collective pitch chopper. Good luck, let us know how it goes.
shahram72 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2011, 09:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

fly it as is.. until you have crashed it beyond repair then install metal head..

GOOD LUCK btw.. I have the orange CPX with an EXI HK TOROT ALIGN head

get some training gear!!
Old 09-16-2011, 11:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjb1 View Post

main and tail motor heat sinks.

You can't use heat-sinks on this. The main motor is an out-runner, so you can't put a heat sink on it....and the tail is belt driven, so there is no motor to fit it to...
Old 11-19-2011, 08:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Get training gear, and start by sliding around on the ground.
Also i strongly reccomend a simulator - nothing fancy - just to get your eye hand coordination going.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:33 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

and of course - there is rudds school of rotary flight ..

http://www.dream-models.com/eco/flying-index.html

I crashed my BELT CP V2 within the first 30 seconds of switching it on.. and I thought I had read enough... so a word of warning.. DO NOT TOUCH the IDLE UP switch till you are acomplished at basic hovering !!
chansen1953 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2011, 11:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I crashed in 30 sek. As well. I watched and read a lot of instructional vids, and they said slide arround on a hard surface, but I was eager and flew my first 30 sek. In high grass in the garden. http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/ has great tutorials.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:22 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjb1 View Post
I just got this helicopter off ebay brand new for $179

Esky 3D Belt-CPX - 2.4GHz 6CH RTF - Orange

EXI 450 Pro Head

EFLH1451 Main Gear without One-Way Bearing: B400

and main and tail motor heat sinks.

I started with a honey bee V2 Fixed pitch - It was harder to fly and a big pain in the ass. I got a Belt cp V2 soon after- it taught me way more about how to fly. Get yourself some training gear. Use it everytime you fly. Start on concrete just "skittering". That's when you're almost off the ground, but the skids/training gear are still touching the concrete. It allows you to learn to balance your left/right and forward/backward hovering skills without the threat of crashing (up/down balancing). It's kinda' fun too when you're first starting out with col. pitch. Don't be afraid of CP...it's way more fun and easier to control once you understand it. When you get the hang of it, start hovering just a foot or two of the ground. Remember- don't try to run before you can walk.

Last edited by Sauceynuts; 11-28-2011 at 11:25 AM.. Reason: spelling errors
Sauceynuts is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2011, 07:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not trying to burst your bubble, but xheli has the blue and green versions for about $10 cheaper. I really don't trust sellers on ebay, I've had some bad dealings with some of them.

Good luck, and get some training gear.
TexasC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2011, 07:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi tjb1, That helicopter is really a great one but it is difficult for you to learn how it works. You should try other heli that is easy to learn like coaxial heli's. And If you really want that heli you can learn from it. Just be careful. Enjoy flying!
mjackson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2011, 08:26 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree with the training gear. Don't be too eager to get the heli in the air. Althought it's very tempting, don't try it in a small space. Big space are your friend. A basket ball court size space is good for sliding the heli around.

Don't even attempt to lift off the ground until you are very comfortable with the controls, and you can skid the heli any direction you want it to go, including when the heli's nose is pointed at you.

Don't hesitate to post here for help!
mnwizard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2011, 10:41 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnwizard View Post
Don't even attempt to lift off the ground until you are very comfortable with the controls, and you can skid the heli any direction you want it to go, including when the heli's nose is pointed at you.
Yikes....that's me grounded then....
Old 12-19-2011, 10:56 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ouch !!! Could we define "very comfortable" here ???
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2011, 11:48 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

You guys are already hopeless, this is a new fella we're trying to help out here.
mnwizard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2011, 06:40 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nose in is devil's magic. I can do it in FF, but hovering.....nah, point it anywhere but at me!
Old 01-18-2012, 11:10 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

I started on the Belt cp v2 too! By comfortable I think it reacts slower than Mcpx and such smaller cp trainers. Also I feel it gives more pride of ownership. I later bought a Mcpx to train on. Because it can take a beating and survive, but I still feel 450 size and up is a real rc heli.

An important lesson is also that you have to enjy repair/tweaking as well as flying. You dont get much of that on the tiny cps
Old 01-18-2012, 11:31 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think CP helis are fine to start out on, as coax and FP don't behave like a CP heli. It does require more patience and restraint to start with though.
Sim time is important.
Training gear as well. Make sure the center of gravity (CG) is good with training gear, battery and canopy mounted.
Start on the ground and work your way up in height.
Be patient and learn to hit throttle hold quickly if things start to feel outta control.
Take a slow pace at first and get hovering in all orientations down first.
I practiced changing orientation a few degrees at a time till I was confident working in around in a 360* orentation while holding it in a hover in one area.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in