Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2012, 06:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Just purchased a 450 Pro V2 3GX... what receiver?

I've seen many people using the AR6115 along with the 3GX and its cheap enough that if I don't like it I won't feel to bad about the $40.

Anyone using the AR6115? Like it? Work satisfactory? If you had to do it again would you?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Old 05-30-2012, 06:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

if you truely are not sure
get a 6 or 9 channel orange reciever and 1 orange sat. about 18.00 shipped from hk

enjoy and if you really like it you can go branded later

the orange receiver will probably do you fine for a 450 anyway
there are several guys here that fly on them
X-8 FPV Wing, TBS Discovery FPV, TBS Caipirinha FPV
satgod is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2012, 10:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ar6115e works perfect. Easy to install
Crashtestheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2012, 05:31 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by draeh View Post
I've seen many people using the AR6115 along with the 3GX and its cheap enough that if I don't like it I won't feel to bad about the $40.

Anyone using the AR6115? Like it? Work satisfactory? If you had to do it again would you?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
What radio are you running?

If you have a DX6i then the AR6115e will work fine for this application (make sure you place your antennas correctly to avoid shadowing)

If you have a DX8 then just go out and pick up a DSMX Satellite receiver to use (you only need 1 for a 450 sized machine and the 3GX only works in DSM2 but the DSMX Sat will work fine)

Hope this helps....
mtuccio is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2012, 09:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtuccio View Post
If you have a DX8 then just go out and pick up a DSMX Satellite receiver to use (you only need 1 for a 450 sized machine and the 3GX only works in DSM2 but the DSMX Sat will work fine)

Hope this helps....
I did purchase a DX8 (not here yet). Are you saying that all the servos connect directly to the 3GX? (the 450 kit isn't here yet either) And that a satellite receiver is all that is needed?

I must profess, all this new radio technology is new to me. The last time I flew a heli was 2000 on a Kyosho Concept 30 with a 72MHz PCM Airtronics radio.

All help and suggestions is greatly appreciated.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I did purchase a DX8 (not here yet). Are you saying that all the servos connect directly to the 3GX? (the 450 kit isn't here yet either) And that a satellite receiver is all that is needed?

I must profess, all this new radio technology is new to me. The last time I flew a heli was 2000 on a Kyosho Concept 30 with a 72MHz PCM Airtronics radio.

If you bought a DX8 package (SPM8800) that comes with a Rx then you actually don't need to purchase anything. The Rx in the DX8 package is the AR8000 which already has a DSMX Satellite included. The 3GX has the ability to attach two Satellite receivers right to the side of it so you do not ned to run a dedicated receiver by using this setup. You will attach the Servo, ESC, and Satellite wires directly to the 3GX and this becomes your complete FBL system. It makes for a very clean and simple installation that is easy to wire up on smaller helis...

Hope this helps...
mtuccio is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2012, 10:31 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1 for above. I used 2 sats just because I had them. Flys great and less wires than using a separate receiver.
cajkat1073 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2012, 12:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

That's awesome.

Thanks!
Old 06-01-2012, 03:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Wires run from your RX to the FBL unit and then wires go from the FBL unit to the servos. That can be a mess of wires, so some people just get a Sat and run one wire form that to the FBL unit instead of having an RX and all those wires. Both work though.

You will love this new radio tech, there is no worry about having someone on your 'channel' and the glitches are very rare. Most clubs don't worry about radio impound or anything like that anymore.
SQRT(-2) is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in