Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Minicopter Joker/Diabolo Helicopters

Minicopter Joker/Diabolo Helicopters Minicopter Joker/Diabolo Helicopters Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2015, 10:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Geezer and a 550

So this geezer thinks he wants a 550.

He has some questions.

Does anyone in the US buy a Diablo from Peak without a Dialog about what to get?

Here's what I'm thinking along with some questions.

Mild 3D and Big Air is what my Goal would be.

I'm thinking 1600 to 2000 head speed range

Can a 550 be geared and equipped with a motor/ESC combination to run well in that range? If so which?

Would I need to go with the MKS's the platform seems to be designed around or would KST's work? I'm very happy with the KST's on my G500.

Could I use a BK DS-7005HV for the rudder? I already have one in my possession.

Main blades would be Rail, Cyclone, or Zeal, I haven't really thought much about that yet.

Tail blade size?

Mikado Neo gyro.

Most likely 4000 to 4300 mah 6s Packs .

What Canopy options are available?

Am I all wet in my thinking or am I on the right track?
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2015, 11:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I can't speak for Peak since I live in the middle east and ordered from Germany, but I have only heard great things about them.

For your head speed range a 20 tooth pinion with a 1000 KV motor would put you where you want. I ran the recommended XNova 4020-1000 and really liked it. Super smooth and very cool running with plenty of power.

For the servos, I ran the recommended MKS and I have to say they are really great servos. My 550 went in really hard, like re-kit hard, but the servos survived unscathed, still smooth like new.

I don't think the servos you mentioned would fit. The other option is Futaba BLS173SV.

For the tail servo you do have the option of going with a full size, but for the mini, you would want the MKS.

For the blades, I ran Zeal main and tail, 550mm and 85mm. They were fine, though a am partial towards Rail and will probably go that route for the rebuild. You can go either 80 or 85 on the tail.

The battery sizes you mentioned are fine, though might leave you wanting for flight time. I was getting 5.30 to 6.30 minutes with 4800mAh 6S running 1800-2000 on the head and 13.5 pitch, flying big air/sport 3D. Also smaller packs may need some padding (provided in the kit) under them to grip the o-rings that hold them up.

As for the canopy, you get to choose the colour and the colour of the decals. You also choose a glossy or carbon windscreen.

I think that about sums it up!

Lastly I would say this is an absolutely awesome Heli. I got about 30 flights before I put her in. Loved every flight, was really easy to tune, very quite in the air, flies much bigger than her size. Its also a joy to build and just marvel at the engineering and simplicity of form following function

Jeti DS24 / VControl Touch
aziz76 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2015, 01:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Chuck from peak aircraft is very knowledgable and helpful.
Old 12-03-2015, 01:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMANN55 View Post
Chuck from peak aircraft is very knowledgable and helpful.
Yes I've met him and he seems to be a great guy.

It's just contact request from the Peak site hasn't worked yet.

Old 12-03-2015, 03:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Chuck is a great guy. Try email him at rcbirt@peakaircraft.com
CACN is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2015, 03:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Chuck will help get you in the right direction.

I have the 550 with yellow canopy, good visibility. Go with a motor in the 1100Kv range as this will help you get a good variety of head speeds. You can use the Castle Talon 120, Hobby Wing 100, or JIVE 100. You can easily fly in the 1700 range with good flight times. I will recommended going with the MKS servo package. The heli is designed around these servos and it is hard to find any others that will fit well. For blades, the Rail 556 and 80.6 mm tail blades work great, and fly well for big air and 2.5D. I am using 5000mah, but you can of course use anything in the 4000mah-5000mah range. With the 5000mah packs you just make sure to push the packs back, I do not have any balance problems. I like to use 5000mah as I can share packs with my 12s machines.
charles is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2015, 03:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by CACN View Post
Chuck is a great guy. Try email him at rcbirt@peakaircraft.com
Thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in