Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 200SRX

200SRX Blade 200SRX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2014, 09:14 AM   #321 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I don't have any yet! Lol
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2014, 09:26 AM   #322 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by UHx1xHuey View Post
5 flights on my 200 SR X sofar and I'm really enjoying it! It's such an enjoyable heli! I'm definitely looking forward to see what BLADE will do next with the SAFE technology!
Blade probably won't do it given their history of just moving the same stock electronics from one heli to another with the 300CFX, but they'd be crazy not to implement SAFE into the next version of the 450X that we all pretty much know is coming. Either offer it as an add-on module to the AR7200BX or offer an all new in-house FBL controller with SAFE. For a great many people, the 450 size class is where they start feeling froggy and take the leap into some more wild flying once they leave the micros behind. A bailout would be seen as a great option.
jadewarrior is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2014, 10:25 AM   #323 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadewarrior View Post
Blade probably won't do it given their history of just moving the same stock electronics from one heli to another with the 300CFX, but they'd be crazy not to implement SAFE into the next version of the 450X that we all pretty much know is coming. Either offer it as an add-on module to the AR7200BX or offer an all new in-house FBL controller with SAFE. For a great many people, the 450 size class is where they start feeling froggy and take the leap into some more wild flying once they leave the micros behind. A bailout would be seen as a great option.
I wonder if SAFE can effectively work under 3D flying conditions, Is SAFE smart enough to know if the heli is Inverted? How does it un-invert the heli? Because that choice can be devastating.. Also would it function if being thrown around under heavy 3D flying.. Your almost asking it to be A.I.... Maybe it is capable of all these things, but I think it's still in it's infancy..

While I think the SAFE technology is AWESOME and I believe it's going to be able to get ALOT more people into the heli hobby, I think once you move to 3D, hopefully your past the point of needing SAFE.. I also know that with technology, comes loss of skills. The pilot becomes dependent upon the technology and if you take the technology away or it fails, they can't fly!

-TheChad

Last edited by TheChad; 05-23-2014 at 12:02 PM..
TheChad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2014, 11:57 AM   #324 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, I just had my madden voyage with my SRX 200. It went well!

It's the first Heli I've owned, that I few the entire first battery pack with out crashing, tipping over, close call, anything!

First flight thoughts:

As mentioned by others, it seems like it needs more power, weather it be a different pinion, faster motor, whatever, it doesn't have enough power... That said, It's PERFECT for new pilots! Which is what Blade designed it for! So GREAT job Blade! For those of us wanting more, I'm sure there will be motor/pinion upgrades coming shortly that will give us the head speed we desire!

I was about 3/4 of the way into the stick to keep a hover 4' off the ground.

It does seem to float quite a bit, you can tell the SAFE technology is working, As you can see it making small corrections to the help to TRY to keep it in one place.. I flew it in doors, so no wind or anything, but it was still floating around like it was fighting wind..

I have NOT trimmed it or done anything to it other than to bind it to the radio, set the radio up as per the manual and test fly, so the floating may get better with some tweaking of the settings..

Does anyone know if it's okay to use trim/subtrim with the 200SRX? I know you are not suppose to sub trim the 130X..

BTW (Mods) We need a SRX 200 Sub Forum!!

-TheChad
Old 05-23-2014, 02:21 PM   #325 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did anyone receive their 200sr x with a 3 blade tail rotor or 2 blade one? The replacement tail rotor is 2 blade and mine came with a 3 blade one.
Old 05-23-2014, 02:37 PM   #326 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubadub View Post
Did anyone receive their 200sr x with a 3 blade tail rotor or 2 blade one? The replacement tail rotor is 2 blade and mine came with a 3 blade one.
Same here... I don't understand that either.. I don't think it's been out long enough for them to have redesigned the tail blade yet!

I wonder how the 2blade would work, seems like the 3 blade would give additional thrust..

-TheChad
Old 05-23-2014, 02:38 PM   #327 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChad View Post
I wonder if SAFE can effectively work under 3D flying conditions, Is SAFE smart enough to know if the heli is Inverted? How does it un-invert the heli? Because that choice can be devastating.. Also would it function if being thrown around under heavy 3D flying.. Your almost asking it to be A.I.... Maybe it is capable of all these things, but I think it's still in it's infancy..
It's not "AI", nor is it uncommon. There are other FBL units out there that will bailout from any unusual attitude, even inverted. In fact, they've been available for quite some time now. I could have sworn I saw SAFE do the same thing in a demo video by Steve Petrotto.

Yup, SAFE recovers from inverted. Start watching at 3:10.

Blade 200 SRX Flight Modes (4 min 51 sec)
Old 05-23-2014, 02:48 PM   #328 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
It's not "AI", nor is it uncommon. There are other FBL units out there that will bailout from any unusual attitude, even inverted. In fact, they've been available for quite some time now. I could have sworn I saw SAFE do the same thing in a demo video by Steve Petrotto.

Yup, SAFE recovers from inverted. Start watching at 3:10.

Blade 200 SRX Flight Modes - YouTube
Okay, that not really inverted flying though.... What about a recovery from an inverted hover?

What about when your less than 6' off the ground?

Just sayin.. Why not auto pilot? I can just select tricks I want it to do with my cell phone and it'll do the for me and I don't even have to touch the sticks!
Old 05-23-2014, 02:50 PM   #329 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Okay, that not really inverted flying though.... What about a recovery from an inverted hover?
Dude, it flips over from an inverted attitude as clearly shown in the video. What difference does it make if it's been inverted for 2 seconds or 2 minutes? Inverted is inverted. What more "proof" do you want? Also, you do understand the 200SRX can't do sustained "inverted flying" because it's a fixed pitch heli, right? It can only momentarily transition through inverted as blade momentum allows. The other bailout type systems on collective pitch helis that CAN fly and hover inverted work spectacularly well and everyone who's used that feature speaks very highly of it and how it saved them from bad, expensive crashes. And, these weren't beginning pilots, either. The bailout feature works great even for intermediate to semi-advanced pilots who aren't quite yet to "God mode" pro level flying.
Old 05-23-2014, 08:16 PM   #330 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubadub View Post
Quote:
Same here... I don't understand that either.. I don't think it's been out long enough for them to have redesigned the tail blade yet!

I wonder how the 2blade would work, seems like the 3 blade would give additional thrust..

-TheChad
During development we tried two blade and three blade tail props but found that the three blade worked better. unfortunately all images taken for the website were with the two blade tail prop.

all replacement parts and all 200 Srx helicopters will come with the three bladed tail prop
Old 05-23-2014, 09:50 PM   #331 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
...they'd be crazy not to implement SAFE into the next version of the 450X that we all pretty much know is coming. Either offer it as an add-on module to the AR7200BX or offer an all new in-house FBL controller with SAFE. For a great many people, the 450 size class is where they start feeling froggy and take the leap into some more wild flying once they leave the micros behind. A bailout would be seen as a great option.
You have an understanding of how things work. If someone could inexpensively add rescue and always-on self-leveling, it would have been done. That's why the BD-3SX and SK720 are priced so high. DJI offers similar, but more automated abilities.

BeastX isn't owned by HH. So either BX needs to create a new FBL to license (which they probably wouldn't give away, even to HH) or HH needs to develop one in-house, like you mentioned. Either way, even if they do make it, I don't think they would undercut their competition by a whole lot even if they could make it much cheaper.

Of course, someone down the line will end up doing it... but if someone could do it a lot cheaper right now, that would be everyone's brand of kool aide. I don't know the technical challenges necessary to get SAFE to work on a FBL and won't pretend that I do, but Skookum charges over $400 for the 720 with configurable SAFE-type options. Whomever comes out with a sub $300 is going to steal the market if they can implement it without too many initial issues....
xenophobe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2014, 10:04 PM   #332 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks again Brian.
I ordered the tail rotor blade yesterday and other parts due to my sense of perception on were the heli was. I misjudged the distance and it got stuck on the roof and then it did a free fall from that point to the ground. damage report: tail boom one tail support. Tail motor mount and tail rotor.other than that everything else survived.
I ordered some carbon fiber tubing for the tail boom that I will make later when it arrives.
So for the meantime back to flying the lawn dart (Msrx).
Old 05-23-2014, 11:53 PM   #333 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian James View Post
During development we tried two blade and three blade tail props but found that the three blade worked better. unfortunately all images taken for the website were with the two blade tail prop.

all replacement parts and all 200 Srx helicopters will come with the three bladed tail prop
Thanks for the information Brian!!

How hard is it to take a picture and upload it! :-p. j/k

Do you know if HH is going to make a hard case for the 200 SRX? I love my case's for my 450 3D and my 130X, I would like to get a similar case for my 200 SRX!

-TheChad

Last edited by TheChad; 05-24-2014 at 01:19 AM..
Old 05-24-2014, 12:11 AM   #334 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenophobe View Post
If someone could inexpensively add rescue and always-on self-leveling, it would have been done.
Good point. However, Blade already has in-house FBL technology with AS3X and, now, bailout/self-leveling with SAFE. It would be awesome if they could refine AS3X and wrap it up in a nice case with SAFE one day. Shouldn't be too hard, even it it costs a bit more to the end user. They'll amortize their R&D costs over time. Very quickly, I'd imagine.
Old 05-24-2014, 01:34 AM   #335 (permalink)
Registered Users

So far they've only used SAFE on quads and the SRX. The SRX obviously doesn't have the complexity of a CP system and I think that's why they haven't updated the Nano, BL or 130x with it yet. There must be something rather difficult in implementing it or BD or Skookum wouldn't still be getting a $200 premium for it.
Old 05-24-2014, 07:31 PM   #336 (permalink)
Registered Users

Any one have problems with their 200SRX tipping to the right when trying to take off? My dad just got one and I took it for a test flight and it wanted to tip over. I tried unplugging the battery and letting it re-initialize and it still doing it.
Old 05-24-2014, 07:34 PM   #337 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got to handle one today but not fly... Looks a bit smaller than expected and real light.
Might consider one depends on durability.
jaxxx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2014, 07:40 PM   #338 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcman973 View Post
Any one have problems with their 200SRX tipping to the right when trying to take off? My dad just got one and I took it for a test flight and it wanted to tip over. I tried unplugging the battery and letting it re-initialize and it still doing it.
Yeah, every heli I have does that... You have to "Jump" them off the ground, they don't like sitting in their own wash..

-TheChad
Old 05-24-2014, 10:21 PM   #339 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenophobe View Post
So far they've only used SAFE on quads and the SRX. The SRX obviously doesn't have the complexity of a CP system and I think that's why they haven't updated the Nano, BL or 130x with it yet. There must be something rather difficult in implementing it or BD or Skookum wouldn't still be getting a $200 premium for it.
They also make some planes with the SAFE tech too.
edin508 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2014, 02:53 AM   #340 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by edin508 View Post
They also make some planes with the SAFE tech too.
Yeah, but that's the simplest application. A plane is inherently stable.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in