Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Electric Motors, Gearing, Speed Controls, Gyros, Receivers, and Other Electronics Discussion

Electric Motors, Gearing, Speed Controls, Gyros, Receivers, and Other Electronics Discussion Electric Motors, Gearing, Speed Controls, Gyros, Receivers and Other Electronics Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2011, 10:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default YGE 90HV problem

Any YGE users out there?
I really like the Anti-Spark, but?

Has anyone else had a problem with the YGE where touching the extra programming wire (one of the 3 wires in the black plug) makes the motor spool down?

The dealer has advised us to put a grounding plug into it so that the 2 outside wires are connected, effectively grounding it out. This does appear to stop the erratic behavior but I am concerned something in the air may bring it back.

This is happening to 2 of us in our club.
We are both using Spektrum and Scorpion.
Is anyone using a Spektrum with A YGE successfully?

I am getting ready to maiden a Srimok with one...

Thanks,
R-P-M is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2011, 10:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-P-M View Post
Any YGE users out there?
I really like the Anti-Spark, but?

Has anyone else had a problem with the YGE where touching the extra programming wire (one of the 3 wires in the black plug) makes the motor spool down?

The dealer has advised us to put a grounding plug into it so that the 2 outside wires are connected, effectively grounding it out. This does appear to stop the erratic behavior but I am concerned something in the air may bring it back.

This is happening to 2 of us in our club.
We are both using Spektrum and Scorpion.
Is anyone using a Spektrum with A YGE successfully?

I am getting ready to maiden a Srimok with one...

Thanks,
How do you touch those? It is connected to your reciever!
Old 08-24-2011, 11:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Clarification

Hello velocity90,

On the YGE there are 2 leads with a servo plug. One is for the Throttle and the other is just for the programming card. This is the one that if you just pinch the black servo plug between your fingers, without actually touching any metal it stops the motor!

One other club member with a YGE was doing his maiden hover when his motor started spooling down and up, very erratic. We brought it and put it on the bench to discover that touching that plug made it happen.

The dealers solution, which seems to be working, is to connect the 2 outside wires together. I just put a reverse bind plug on it.

Do you use a Spektrum receiver?

Srimok 90E
Scorpion 4035 III-530kv
Quark Spartan
JR8717's cyclic
Fut BLS251
12s 5000mh
AR7100 on LIFE 2100mh
Old 08-24-2011, 12:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a YGE and it has 1 lead. For programming the same is used.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Velocity 90 the HV's have two leads, one that goes to the programming card and one that goes to the rx with a jumper that goes to the programming card.

R.P.M. I have not encountered that with the HV's but I will be doing extensive bench testing this weekend, and I will look for that. I have a 100 lv, 120 hv, and a 160 hv, and will be buying a 90hv and a 60 lv shortly.

Which dealer told you that? If it was Elektrorc I would trust it. Also what did you use to ground it out?

Furron
MKS USA, Pulse Ultra, Canomod
wicked_n_raw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2011, 10:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hello,

The reverse end of a bind plug works great.
Another thing would be a jumper wire connector with the 2 outside wire joined.

Do your testing with the blades off
All it takes is to just lightly squeeze the servo plug, especially the signal wire!

Good luck, let us know how it goes?
Steve
Old 09-01-2011, 07:07 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've had approx 12 flights with a new 90HV now and have not experienced this problem. I will be keen to test it however, though on the bench of course.
Wogboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2011, 11:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sorry, I couldn't bench test them over the weekend do to work and the hurricane. I should however be testing them tomorrow after work.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Furron
Old 09-03-2011, 11:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have tested the 90hv and the 120hv, and I couldn't get it to create the problem that you mentioned. I tested them on and off my birds, even with different crazy settings on the program card to see if that would cause it with no luck.

Furron
Old 09-14-2011, 09:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a 90 HV and have never touched the programming wire except to program. I've had a couple hundred trouble-free flights.
freewheel510 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2012, 06:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just had a hugely frustrating day at the field. I waited all week to get in a few flights after work today and my heli kept loosing power and slowing down erratically. I used the programming card and reset the 90hv and gov store and it did the same exact thing for three separate battery packs. The same thing happened last week. Lo and behold before ripping it out this unit out and sending it back I read this post. Holy crap, it worked! That was the exact problem. I took the blades off and spooled up the fusion and it ran fine. I touched the program plug and dang if it would not spool down on command!
Now that I know the problem the question is, is this a defect and should I still send it in, or just put on a bind plug and call it a day.
Tone
Team Lynx
tS8103 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2012, 08:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

The HV120 I received recently came with a shorting plug for the programming plug to be installed in flight, so it looks like YGE considers it a solution for the noise sensitivity. Mine also misbehaves without it.
gmarsden is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2012, 08:59 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sounds like it's a grounding issue.
Do you have continuity from the receiver negative to the motor mount to the battery pack negative?

Tags
esc

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in