Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics > Futaba CGY750 FBL System

Futaba CGY750 FBL System Futaba CGY750 Help and features Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2012, 10:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default CGY750 dial in on sab goblin

I was having wobbles on piros, bounce on hard stops, tail feels weird, slow feel on center stick running 1.2V

I want to thanks Gary Wright from team Thunder Tiger for help me out dial in the unit on my sab goblin.

is a lot of work to setup it right but one time you got it dial in Men the unit is awesome.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uPgJtuCwfI[/ame]

Thanks to Courtney for record my demo flight with a 3D camera

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyqEmv3cXVU&feature=g-all-u[/ame]
BonewJunior is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2012, 03:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
BD Forum Support

It would be nice if you can write your CGY settings you have in the unit.
I have two Goblins and one will be with CGY. That would really help me.
popokatepetl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2012, 09:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'd like to offer comment on setup of the CGY.Copying his settings may start you off in the right direction but it won't get your machine truly "set-up". You would need to use the exact same servos, same servo arm lengths, same power system at the same weight, same blades and tailblades, and same rotor rpm. I think that even then you'd be in the ballpark, but not exact. The key to setup is not copying another functional one, but understanding what each element does, what to adjust for a desired effect, and what to do in order to test for each element being configured correctly,...i.e. a "procedure". All the copying of other folks' setups isn't going to do much good except get you in the general vicinity. Nelson thought that the machine flew "ok" but didn't like the little bouncing on stops when pitching fore/aft,.. and didn't think the tail was as good as it should be. After watching a minute or so I suggested some changes to The integral and derivitive gains in the elevator PID loop, along with increasing the stop delay and tweaking control in/out delays. Took a bit of trial and error to get the number right but it remedied the problem. Next I asked him to increase tail servo arm length after watching some forward flight piro's (they surged or "whipped" a bit). After lengthening that arm, re-trimming mechanically for neutral (he had a neat tip for this, setting tail blade pitch to 7 degrees and adjusting mechanically for 90 deg pushrod/arm angle), the adjusting gain for the longer arm,.. it was much better. A little tweaking on stop delay and cntrl out delay and it was symmetrical with no bounce. As you can see, it was not merely changing some numbers, but it was a "procedure" to tune the device for his specific machine, rpm, electronics, blades, etc. All of this only took a couple battery packs, maybe three, and his setups are for very short flights at extremely high power. I don't think a pack goes more then 4 or 5 minutes. My old-fart smooth 3D setups are at lower rpms and I get 10~12 minutes per pack to tweak, so it would have been one pack <G>. There is a caveat to that though,... the flybarless units (all of them) do their job better with a faster control loop,.. so higher rpm setups make them far easier to configure. If you find you can't get something exactly the way you want, add 50 or 100 rpms temporarily and see if it fixes the problem. If it does, you control loop needs to be faster for the lower rpms,..i.e. tighter dampening, lighter blades, stronger/faster servos,...etc.
gwright is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2012, 10:21 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
understanding what each element does, what to adjust for a desired effect, and what to do in order to test for each element being configured correctly,...i.e. a "procedure
+1
We need some kind of setup chart and /or "how to do", that are easy to understand.
ex.
Ele bounce issue = reduce ele stop delay, or XXXX
Need faster cylic in hover = do xxxxxx
Head respone setup
AFR Sweet spot setup
etc.

Dr.Ben is doing a great work (on RR) trying to explin what to do
Knud Pedersen DENMARK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2012, 03:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knud Pedersen DENMARK View Post
+1
We need some kind of setup chart and /or "how to do", that are easy to understand.
ex.
Ele bounce issue = reduce ele stop delay, or XXXX
Need faster cylic in hover = do xxxxxx
Head respone setup
AFR Sweet spot setup
etc.

Dr.Ben is doing a great work (on RR) trying to explin what to do

I agree. It would help if someone could make a simple chart in laymens terms on what everything does and the effects it has. I'm learning it and it flies great but is a pita to learn and get flying right at first.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in