Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Batteries and Charging Support > Brand Specific Charger and Battery Support > Duralite

Duralite Duralite Battery Li-Ion Li-Mn Chargers Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2013, 06:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Duralite's Last Chance

Long story short.
About a year ago I spent over 100 bucks and bought the duralite EXB Lithium Ion pack for my JR 9503 tx. Well, I used it once or twice and it lasted about 20 minutes. Called duraliet... send it back.... they got it and said "nothing is wrong.. you must be charging it wrong" You are ****ing stupid. The pack is perfect....
I tired my cheapy DC6 charger and my PL8 charger. keep getting errors. Got busy... now, fast forward.
So, now I am back to trying. I hook up PL8, bad cell count error. DAMMIT... back to cheapy... same thing. SO I plug my electrifly cellmatch voltage reader into the balance lead. 3 cells read between 3.72 and 3.84. No big deal, as it has been sitting for a while. Now, I think WTF.. I plug into the charge lead.... total voltage 5.3v. HMMMM I plug into the TX lead.. guess what??? 5.3v.....
SO NOW I AM PISSED. I HAVE SPENT 114 FOR THE PACK, PLUS RETURN SHIPPING... NOW, DURALITE.... WILL YOU MAKE IT RIGHT...
YES I AM PISSED OFF. I ALREADY SENT IT IN ONCE.
Steve Wagner
wagspe208@yahoo.com
Oh, and did I forget to say after they said I was an idiot and the pack was perfect... it didn't get returned to me until I called back 4 WEEKS LATER to see WTF happened.
I am not some cheap skate. I have NICE STUFF
But I am about fed up
OH, AND I HAD A CELL CHECKER/ GLOW DRIVER FROM DURALITE...IT ONLY NEEDED BATTERIES... THEY SAID THEY DON'T SERVICE THOSE ANYMORE... SO THERE IS ANOTHER 100 BUCKS PLUS TO THROW AWAY.
I have bought several of their flight packs forr airplanes and helis...we will see if I EVER do business with them again.
wagspe208 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2013, 06:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

And, I am a fair guy... if they make it right... I surely will post it. Shit happens.
Wags
Old 10-01-2013, 09:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Copied and pasted to duralite support... no changes.
Wags
Why not... they cannot cost me any more money or heart ache.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Considering the very first page of this "Duralite" forum goes back to 2007.. OMG... and I've never heard of the brand before... I would say it is all a dead end... bin it.

These forums are all messed up and have been for many years. Today, of course, the big names are FMA and iCharger.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Duralite was the shit back in the day. They were onto LiPos before anybody else. Also had voltage regulators before they were the norm.
I guess that is yesterdays news.
Wags
Old 02-22-2014, 09:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile specific charger

I run duralite receiver packs and regulators. For the RX packs I have a specific charger for Duralite Plus batteries. My batteries won't charge with a normal Lion charger only the Plus charger. Maybe that is your problem.
Old 02-22-2014, 10:13 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have used Duralite in most of my planks with great success and also use a Duralite Plus charger. Some of these batteries are going on 4 years old and still charge at almost 100 percent. For certain applications The Duralite brand is one of the best.
Old 02-22-2014, 10:16 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyster View Post
Considering the very first page of this "Duralite" forum goes back to 2007.. OMG... and I've never heard of the brand before... I would say it is all a dead end... bin it.

These forums are all messed up and have been for many years. Today, of course, the big names are FMA and iCharger.
Go to any flying field where they are flying large scale planks (30% or larger) and Duralite power will be under the hood.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:54 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great... you think a PL8 isn't capable of charging a simple receiver battery?
THAT still does not explain a dead cell in a pack they said was fine and I was a ****ing idiot.
Wags

They also don't support their older stuff. No help, no parts.
DONE
Old 02-24-2014, 10:56 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I will send my receiver pack... postage paid and postage returned to one of you guys... you charge and return??
Wags
Old 02-24-2014, 11:05 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile

I will check if my Duralite Plus charger has a Tx port. I will let you know and you can send it. I will charge it and load test it with my duralite load tester.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in