Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > HBFP V1/V2

HBFP V1/V2 E-Sky Honey Bee V1 & V2 Fixed Pitch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2011, 10:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Old Timer's Dumb Question

OK, I've been lurking around here for years, offering nuggets of useless information and taking in some very good info.

But the one thing I have never tried is spektrumising the HBFP V1. Now, at long last, I have a CP3 3 in 1 (esky part 002496) and a spare ornage Rx.

.....and I'm stumped! what do I connect to where? I've found posts that use part of the 4 in 1. I've found posts about adding a gyro. I've found all sorts of posts using other bits.....but I can't see anything that says how to replace the 4 in 1 with an Rx and a 3 in 1. What connects to what? What throttle cable do I connect to Aux 1?

The 3 in 1 had 4 leads; the power, channel 3 and 4 (both marked rudder) and a 4th lead....what the 4th one, where does thast connect?

I know all these questions have been covered, but I'm juts having a thick half hour staring at leads that don't seem to make sense, so if anyone can help an old timer with an idiots guide, please do so!
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2011, 11:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Just to clarify what I need to know:

1) The channel 3 lead from the 3 in 1 plugs into the THRO connections on the RX; correct?

2) Where does the channel 4 lead from the 3 in 1 plug in?

3) Where do the leads that run to the main motor and the tail motor plug in?
- I guess I'm getting "confused" on these as they are 2 pin female connectors.

4) What is the lead coming out of the 3 in 1 with the red and black wires and the female black connector on the end?

5) What (if anything) plugs onto the 2 bare pins at the top of the 3 in 1?

The servos I think (or I hope anyway) I can figure out....
Old 09-06-2011, 11:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Channel 4 = Rudder
the two pins should be for the tail motor
Dwarren is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2011, 12:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks.....so does the main motor connect to......the black female plug coming out of the 3 in 1? That's a female to female connection!?

Or is the main motor onto the Aux of the RX leaving the signal pin bare?
Old 09-06-2011, 12:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Warmwater View Post
Just to clarify what I need to know:

1) The channel 3 lead from the 3 in 1 plugs into the THRO connections on the RX; correct?
Yes
Quote:
2) Where does the channel 4 lead from the 3 in 1 plug in?
As mentioned, rudder channel on your RX, unless you use an external gyro.
Quote:
3) Where do the leads that run to the main motor and the tail motor plug in?
- I guess I'm getting "confused" on these as they are 2 pin female connectors.
Tail motor plugs into the two "top" male pins. Main motor in the main motor wire. The CP3 uses a different plug for the motor. See question 4
Quote:
4) What is the lead coming out of the 3 in 1 with the red and black wires and the female black connector on the end?
Main motor connector. The CP3 370 super motor has a different plug on its wires. Easiest option (I think) is to put a female JST plug (like the one on the battery) on the wire coming from the 3-in-1, unless you want to do the CP3 main motor upgrade of course.
Quote:
5) What (if anything) plugs onto the 2 bare pins at the top of the 3 in 1?

The servos I think (or I hope anyway) I can figure out....
Tail motor plug.

Old 09-06-2011, 12:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks !

The difference in the plug explains a load of my confusion. One last question; I've seen in other posts, some people saying the throttle goes into Aux 1? Does it? Why?
Old 09-06-2011, 12:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You're welcome
Can't comment on the receiver. I'm only using Esky and Futaba, and they both use the same channel mapping (1=AIL, 2=ELE, 3=THR, 4=RUD, 5=GYR, 6=PIT (7=AUX/GOV))

Anyway, you can just plug one of the servos in a channel, see if it responds to the throttle stick
Old 09-06-2011, 04:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hmm....think I've knackered the 3 in 1. It did initialise.....now it won't do anything with the motors.

The servos work and I can see that Aux 1 (Channle 6) does react to the throttle going up and down by moving a servo if I plug that in.....but how do I connect the motor to that if it connected to the lead coming out of the ESC?
Old 09-06-2011, 04:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Argh!!!

Rebound, and I can get the motors etc to work. Used Aux 1 and reversed the throttle etc and it works fine......but.....

None of the servos work! Everytime I plug a servo to any port on the Rx, I lose the bind and the 3 in 1 starts flashing red. WTF is going on now??
Old 09-07-2011, 12:51 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Red blinking usually means the 3-in-1 is not receiving a signal from the receiver.
Did your TX+RX come with a separate receiver battery pack? If so, disconnect the 3-in-1, connect the 5-6.4V battery pack to the receiver and see if any servos work.
Old 09-07-2011, 02:16 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

No, its a standard DX6i and orange Rx. It did work...now it doesn't....hmmm....

If I disconnect the servos it binds and initialises the 3 in 1. If I connect the servos, I get a flashing Rx (indicates on interrupt signal or brown out) and the 3 in turns red.... I think I've borked the Rx.....I'll see if I can try with a different Rx...
Old 09-07-2011, 02:33 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Odd, I assume you're using stock Esky servos? And they work fine with the stock 4-in-1? And you're sure you connected the servo the right way (dumb question but I'll ask it anyway).
Old 09-07-2011, 03:33 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yup, connected the right way, tried other spare servos as well. They did work, now they don't; like I say I think the Rx is knackered. That's the only common link.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm getting the same off other Rx units as well, so it looks like I blew the internal BEC in the 3 in 1 somehow, although the Rx powers up to bind etc... I'm not suprised, I was plugging anything into everything last night, so I can only blame myself...

Ordered another 3 in 1 on the slow boat from China... so it's time to hurry up and wait.....
Old 09-07-2011, 05:29 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
I'm getting the same off other Rx units as well, so it looks like I blew the internal BEC in the 3 in 1 somehow, although the Rx powers up to bind etc... I'm not suprised, I was plugging anything into everything last night, so I can only blame myself...

Ordered another 3 in 1 on the slow boat from China... so it's time to hurry up and wait.....
Ouch, sorry to hear that. Are you using a 2 or 3 cell battery? If it works properly with a 2 cell but not with a 3 cell then one of the regulators of the BEC is toast. And does the 3-in-1 get hot when it stops working?
If you trust your soldering skills then I can throw some replacement regulators in the mail for you, still have fifty or so in a drawer somewhere shouldn't take more than a few days to get to the UK
Old 09-07-2011, 05:35 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I appreciate the offer, but my soldering skills are pretty neanderthal!

The 3 in 1 would never initialise with a 2 cell, so I needed the 3 cell. The 3 in 1 will still initialise if no servos are connected and without the servos, it will run the tail and main motor fine. But connect the servos and the Rx flashes, the red light flashes on the 3 in 1 and there is no power whatsoever to the servos. They don't even jump or twitch when you connect the power up....
Old 09-07-2011, 09:36 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

I know how it feel, been there done that dealing with this 3in1
threegs_00 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2011, 04:19 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Luke Warmwater, were you ever able to get it working with the new 3in1?
attmotov600 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2011, 04:25 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Ever get it working?

Hey Luke warmwater, did you ever get it working with the new 3in1?
attmotov600 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2011, 05:49 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yep, my third 3 in 1 didn't burn out! I'm putting it down to the usual quality of Esky electronics out of the factory!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in