Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X

mCP X Blade Micro CPx Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2011, 11:08 PM   #121 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigs dont fly View Post
If there's nothing physically wrong with the heli (like the main gear has slipped down), then try a rebind, mine does the same thing sometimes..I think its happens if you turn the heli on to quickly after turning the Tx on.
EXACT same thing happened to me! Wouldn't take off and hiting throttle hold would reverse pitch. Did a rebind and we're back in business!

Thanks to Finless for the rebind vid as the manual is a little confusing...always easier to watch a vid of someone doing it the right way!

Pete
lovespicyfood is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2011, 07:22 AM   #122 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yep I had that same problem right out of the box. Had to rebind and everything works great
I'm having a blast with this little heli
Old 05-07-2011, 12:45 PM   #123 (permalink)
Registered Users

Noticed that my heli sometimes "shudders" in idle up mode usually when transitioning from positve pitch to negative for a quick descent and then adding positive pitch to recover and hover. Any ideas what could cause this? This is with the 3D blades. I put the bullet blades on and it doesn't seem to do this any more...

Having a blast with this bird...bought another 2 stock lipos so I can have more fun time between charges. Will probably go to some Hyperions once I figure out connectors from Digi Key...

Loving the fact that it can take some pretty good wind and still zip in the neighborhood. My favorite time to fly it is just before nightfall... I've tried some inverted in my front yard, but it's a bit trickey and my skills aren't great...gotta go to a bigger grass area to refind that...

Pete
Old 05-07-2011, 08:30 PM   #124 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think the shuddering was due to the fact that my main gear was just a "smidge" backed off and I hadn't noticed it...

I took it to the park and worked on my inverted skills. Got some inverted hovering down and inverted figure 8s. So much less stressful than the big birds and once I can master stuff on this micro, the bigger stuff should be easier... I'm having so much fun I'm thinking of getting another one as a spare.

BTW, I've been strictly using the rtf with the DX4 and I gotta say, it's not bad. If I get another one, I'll get the BNF and put it on my DX7.

Lovin' this thing!

Pete
Old 05-13-2011, 03:45 PM   #125 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello guys, just bought it!

But something wrong with helicopter

defective servo?

Last edited by yomanx; 05-13-2011 at 06:48 PM..
yomanx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2011, 02:52 PM   #126 (permalink)
Registered Users

radio setup travel adjust pitch H 75% L 75%
mitchsnake is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2011, 11:27 AM   #127 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomanx View Post
Hello guys, just bought it!

But something wrong with helicopter

defective servo?
Looking at the crazy pitch angle, check your main gear has not slipped, and there is no up and down slop on the mainshaft, if thats not it, then rebind the heli to the Tx...my 4p
Old 05-16-2011, 03:58 PM   #128 (permalink)
Registered Users

broken servo

is there any instruction to fix this?
yomanx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2011, 06:26 PM   #129 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default help with mCPx

After I put the aluminum mods on the tail and main rotors, the servos in throttle up do not move up all at the same time. Either the elevator goes up, pitch down and the aileron goes any way it wants. I have rebound and tried reversing switches but no luck. Can someone diagnose for me please. Thanks
Walt
walt_kruegel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2011, 07:37 PM   #130 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hmm, 13 pages and no factory recommended Dx6i settings. I guess I'm SCREWED without the manual.
hydro_pyro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2011, 09:03 PM   #131 (permalink)
Registered Users

Go to Horizon's website, they have the manual online when you go to the mCPX details.
Arecee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2011, 09:36 PM   #132 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydro_pyro View Post
Hmm, 13 pages and no factory recommended Dx6i settings. I guess I'm SCREWED without the manual.
Can't you download the manual from www.horizonhobby.com?
Old 05-26-2011, 03:53 PM   #133 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Main motor commutator clean

ISSUE
As is normal with brushed motors the carbon bushes wear down with use. Carbon dust builds up inside the motor causing shorting.

SYMPTOMS
1. Motor will cut out causing heli to crash, motor will run normally when launched again. 2. Motor stops for a very short period causing the heli to yaw violently.
3. Possibly this issue causes the heli to shiver briefly. More evidence required.
These symptoms are intermittent and may not occur on every flight.
Note my mCPX had approx 100 flights before these symptoms started.

WARNING
This kind of surgery carries risk of permanent damage. Do it at your own risk.

FIX
Recommended fix is to replace the motor.

SHORT TERM FIX
Clean carbon dust out of the commutator.
1. Remove motor.
2. Prise open bent metal tabs holding metal can and black plastic head of the motor.
3. Use small screwdriver to carefully prise cap off. Hinge it open on the small capacitor wires.
4. Remove carbon dust from inside the cap and commutator with fine paint bush or canned air. Tapping motor helps dislodge carbon dust. I wouldn't use liquids of any type to clean out the dust. Don't remove shaft and winding from the body.
5. Refit brushes onto commutator and replace cap. TIP press shaft upwards so that pinion touches the can. This exposes the commutator a little more to make it easier to ease the bushes apart so that the shaft and commutator fit between them.
6. Bend back metal tabs. This takes a bit of force but it is important that the black cap and metal can are firmly attached to each other. Push the shaft into the motor an check to see that the black cap does not move
7. Refit motor. Replace retaining screws. Plug into main board and use a dab of silicone glue to retain the plug.

This is a pretty simple fix and may delay having to replace the motor. My repair worked really well for a few flights before the motor cap became loose. However, I think this is a better option than washing the motor by immersing it in distilled water as I have read elsewhere. There do not appear to be enough holes in the motor can for the carbon dust to be flushed out this way.

Last edited by nick222; 05-27-2011 at 05:45 PM.. Reason: Additional information added.
nick222 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2011, 05:17 PM   #134 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can't you just run the motor in alcohol or water? That would get rid of the dust... Just connect the motor plug into the end of the lipo to run the motor while in the liquid of your choice... Supposedly water is better but alcohol dries quicker...
Micro-ocd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2011, 09:04 AM   #135 (permalink)
Registered Users

only had mine a couple of days, it flys just great, its getting it off the floor thats the problem...
when its spooling up it always tips over first left then forwards on the cyclic (never right or back) without me touching the cyclic stick.
if i can power through it it soon settles into steady flight
its as if the gyro is effected when its on the floor. its the same when i land, flys nice and level, lands level, and when i keep it running tips left then forward on its own?

any ideas?

its not been crashed and i check the main gear etc. is fine before each flight

db
dbninja is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2011, 01:37 AM   #136 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbninja View Post
only had mine a couple of days, it flys just great, its getting it off the floor thats the problem...
when its spooling up it always tips over first left then forwards on the cyclic (never right or back) without me touching the cyclic stick.
its as if the gyro is effected when its on the floor. its the same when i land, flys nice and level, lands level, and when i keep it running tips left then forward on its own?

any ideas?

db
ok
i checked all my trims were centred and did a re-bind......

its sorted itself out??? how odd

db
dbninja is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2011, 09:13 PM   #137 (permalink)
Registered Users

FBL will sometimes have interactions while on the ground. I just pop mine up and all is well. Mine has your problem from time to time also.

FWIW I have to say this is a great little heli and I don't think I could be happier with it. Yes, there's been a couple of issues but were easy to fix or adjust. A little tweaking and you're off and flying.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:15 PM   #138 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbninja View Post

any ideas?

db
Mine does this occasionally. If you try to ease it off the ground, it will fall over and start chicken dancing. Just have to pop it up in the air.
JCHarrist is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2011, 09:36 PM   #139 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Didnt you get a CD with you heli, it has all the pdf's on it with the Tx settings??

Its at home atm otherwise I would post it up!
jimmeh is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2011, 06:34 AM   #140 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey fellas.. new guy...

Picked up an MCPX to fuel my fire to to get a bigger machine.

I currently fly Giant scale planes, but wanted to jump into a heli.

I have the basics down, hovering, figure 8's and the such.

I have this MCP X and love it but have a few questions. I have read throught this thread and found good info regarding the slop in the ball ends. But I have a few issues I needed ironed out. I didnt quite understand the tips and tricks. Any help would be appreciated.

I fly all my little machines with a 10c and Spektrum DM8 Module. I had a buddy set it up, and it flys like a champ...

I have noticed that there is a really back occilation while running the main blades. I swapped the out for the weighted blades and this went away. Why does this happen?

I cracked my tail boom and figured I could repair it with a solid carbon rod for more integrity. I cut the wires with nail clippers, burned off the red and gree covering, but I cannot for the life of me get these things to accept soldier. Any suggestions?

I also notice the swash creaping into a direction at any given time. I will hold it on the table and after about 10 seconds on Neutral pitch fully spooled it will give full down elevator and left aileron?

Whats the deal? Any known fixes for this nonsense? LOL
superrmario is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in