Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > SAB Goblin 500/570

SAB Goblin 500/570 SAB Heli Division - Goblin 500/570 Helicopters

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2017, 11:25 PM   #201 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I haven't used autorotation Bailout yet even less on a Castle so there I am at a loss.

The headspeeds for a three bladed head is also a good question. As I stated I used 2800 at the beginning to have the heli nice and tame at the beginning. With the added lift of the three blades I don't know but I guess I would guess 200 RPM less than the two blade, which is what the 420 specs have.

On the 500 2400 RPM is what I have and is super snappy. Again around 200 RPM less for three blade I would guess. After dominating the 380 and moving up to the 500 you should have high headspeed under control. The 500 by nature even at high headspeed will be move stable and will feel less agile but is super powerful. Great machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crsorrell0653 View Post
Wow, great answer (the computer thing is a real issue for me as I just spent thousands on going to mac pro, so won't be upgrading the PC as well, just using the old xp - surely MSH can put out a mac compatible version as well). The Brain program seems to have installed itself ok and is adjusting all the parameters in the Ikon so far). It's just that autorotation thing we haven't got to the bottom of.

The basic question is will it spool up from throttle hold if I am using an external esc governor which has autorotation disabled? What happens if I tick the Governor use Bailout box in the Gov & Level setup menu, but not tick the Use Governor box. I'm suspecting you must use the built in governor to use autorotation bailout. That would make sense when you think about it. I just find the esc Autorotation set up messy to say the least.

Last thing, suggested head speeds please for the 380, mine has three blades and could use smaller blades (325) that I was using on the 360 (I know this is a 500 thread, but a Goblin is a Goblin). Ditto for the 500 three bladed version.
Podcast host Skids Up
toadiscoil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2017, 11:30 PM   #202 (permalink)
Registered Users

I went to lengths I probably shouldn't have with the 500 but I REALLY wanted it. I don't regret it. After a few flights I have started to feel very comfortable with it. Makes me feel like I have a bit of time to think instead of the smaller helis. The 380 is still a blast to fly though I still love it. It sucks that I crashed the 420 and I can't keep comparing the two. I think my 380 could very easily be my Oxy but with a bigger heli feel and the 420 would be like my mid range like having an Oxy, 380 and 500 fleet. I still like the Oxy but now it feels too small and way too squirrely. I'm spoiled with the 500 but if it's taking me a while to fix the 420 I can only imagine the 500 or bigger. Definitely a 700 is when there's a good amount of money on the bank or when I am sure I will be crashing very, very rarely. Love the 500 high up or mid altitude still safely away from the ground able to see it well. The sound!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slogoat View Post
I thought the same thing about my 500 when I first flew it. The sound is completely different than the smaller stuff. BASS! Haha Going from 500 to 700 is an identical sensation. Love these things! How are you enjoying yours??
Podcast host Skids Up
Old 07-13-2017, 12:00 AM   #203 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadiscoil View Post
I went to lengths I probably shouldn't have with the 500 but I REALLY wanted it. I don't regret it. After a few flights I have started to feel very comfortable with it. Makes me feel like I have a bit of time to think instead of the smaller helis. The 380 is still a blast to fly though I still love it. It sucks that I crashed the 420 and I can't keep comparing the two. I think my 380 could very easily be my Oxy but with a bigger heli feel and the 420 would be like my mid range like having an Oxy, 380 and 500 fleet. I still like the Oxy but now it feels too small and way too squirrely. I'm spoiled with the 500 but if it's taking me a while to fix the 420 I can only imagine the 500 or bigger. Definitely a 700 is when there's a good amount of money on the bank or when I am sure I will be crashing very, very rarely. Love the 500 high up or mid altitude still safely away from the ground able to see it well. The sound!
Yes I know what you mean about more time to think. I'm really getting comfy with my g500 as well. I have some tail bearings on the way for it, to try and quiet it down. I got it used and the tail has always been loud, so hope this works. Posted video of the sound in the video thread. It's had a few other things I've worked out that I guess comes with the used territory, but I don't regret mine either. Love flying it, and it's the first big Heli I got.

I got too comfortable with my 360 cfx unfortunately. Put it in last week and waiting on a spindle. A sweet new canopy did come out of the crash though haha. Not sure I knew your 420 went in. Did you get it on video ??

I hope you do get a 700 when the time is right, you'll love it!
slogoat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2017, 01:37 AM   #204 (permalink)
Registered Users

I hope to get flying mine more again. It's a 30-40 yard walk to the big area so it's been sitting along with my nitro Shuttle while my knee heals. Not to mention with only 3 packs that means 15-25 minutes of flying then the long recharge.

The 360 and the 400's are too big for the yard except for hovering around. So it's the 100 and 200's for the time being.

I hope you get that factory you sent me the pic of running tip top toadiscoil so you can get back home soon.
BrokeDad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2017, 06:08 AM   #205 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you went through this thread, I too took a LONG time to complete mine. I kept finding things here and there also because it was used. But yes I took it more as a project than a build although I was getting a bit frustrated at the end, and terrible scared to maiden it. Now I love it

On a side note Blade pilot Manuel Madaini keeps shooting videos of his 360 CFX and every time I watch him I want to get mine back. I hate being broke there is actually a pretty good opportunity on the classifieds. I would of course dump the KBAR and get an iKon. I really want one back for some reason I have a crush for that heli.

Thanks but a 700 is far, far away. Its not just the size and the cost but the 12S power system and the additional accessories and things needed to work on it and maintain it. I'm pretty good with 500 size, really happy as now I understand why they say it's the first size that feels big. Now I just need to ensure I don't crash

I do have video of the 420 but it's too embarrassing and won't see my channel. After a lot of review I have assessed what happened and although the wind helped, it was a dumb thumb in the end. So the video will sit and the heli will probably stay like it is until past the flying season when it comes a time to be able to leverage with some gifting holiday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slogoat View Post
Yes I know what you mean about more time to think. I'm really getting comfy with my g500 as well. I have some tail bearings on the way for it, to try and quiet it down. I got it used and the tail has always been loud, so hope this works. Posted video of the sound in the video thread. It's had a few other things I've worked out that I guess comes with the used territory, but I don't regret mine either. Love flying it, and it's the first big Heli I got.

I got too comfortable with my 360 cfx unfortunately. Put it in last week and waiting on a spindle. A sweet new canopy did come out of the crash though haha. Not sure I knew your 420 went in. Did you get it on video ??

I hope you do get a 700 when the time is right, you'll love it!
Podcast host Skids Up
Old 07-13-2017, 06:09 AM   #206 (permalink)
Registered Users

Started off earlier than usual today. Oh well such it is. Now back to reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
I hope to get flying mine more again. It's a 30-40 yard walk to the big area so it's been sitting along with my nitro Shuttle while my knee heals. Not to mention with only 3 packs that means 15-25 minutes of flying then the long recharge.

The 360 and the 400's are too big for the yard except for hovering around. So it's the 100 and 200's for the time being.

I hope you get that factory you sent me the pic of running tip top toadiscoil so you can get back home soon.
Podcast host Skids Up
Old 07-13-2017, 08:21 AM   #207 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadiscoil View Post
If you went through this thread, I too took a LONG time to complete mine. I kept finding things here and there also because it was used. But yes I took it more as a project than a build although I was getting a bit frustrated at the end, and terrible scared to maiden it. Now I love it

On a side note Blade pilot Manuel Madaini keeps shooting videos of his 360 CFX and every time I watch him I want to get mine back. I hate being broke there is actually a pretty good opportunity on the classifieds. I would of course dump the KBAR and get an iKon. I really want one back for some reason I have a crush for that heli.

Thanks but a 700 is far, far away. Its not just the size and the cost but the 12S power system and the additional accessories and things needed to work on it and maintain it. I'm pretty good with 500 size, really happy as now I understand why they say it's the first size that feels big. Now I just need to ensure I don't crash

I do have video of the 420 but it's too embarrassing and won't see my channel. After a lot of review I have assessed what happened and although the wind helped, it was a dumb thumb in the end. So the video will sit and the heli will probably stay like it is until past the flying season when it comes a time to be able to leverage with some gifting holiday.
I know the videos you are talking about, good stuff. The one in the classifieds has the same fusuno canopy I just got for mine. It's incredible how bright it is in person. You and I discussed the fiberglass 230s canopy at one time. I DID think it was bright until I got this fusuno. Crazy!

I say post the video! My 360 incident was a definite dumb thumb. Lost orientation while inverted and about 10 feet up. Corrected the wrong way so I hit th and tried to get it back over. Almost had it but head speed died down too much and the front of the disc and canopy nose hit before the skids. Didn't do much damage at all from what I can tell. Got pretty lucky. If I had it on video I'd definitely post! haha

I'm not sure what extra accessories you are referring to to maintain a 700, unless maybe your charger isn't up to par? Either way I understand, the cost is definitely next level to set one up. I'd just love to read your review after putting one in the air.

I've flown / own from a nano cps all the way up to a 700. Every time I moved up in size I thought, this is the big heli feel! lol Now that I've experienced that size range, I agree, the 500 is the smallest in the lineup that feels big. They are awesome.
slogoat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in