Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 180CFX

180CFX Blade 180CFX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2017, 07:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default ubrain jumps to left in auto and rescue

180 cfx with ubrain version 1 with newest firmware. My 180cfx flies fine in beginner, sport or 3D but if I try to fly with self level enabled in one setup or hit rescue in any mode it banks very hard to the left every time. Read lots of posts. Can't find an answer about what one is supposed to do to fix the bad "drift" (about 10 feet per second) in the new Version 3 firmware.

So I see the comments about vibrations, I'm using the pad that came with the ubrain whatever it is. I have futaba pads lying around, so could tear everything part to change. Thing is it always pulls to the left hard!!!!!! It doesn't vary. Seems if was vibration related it would vary???

Any suggestions. Bought the ubrain to "rescue" my 180 when trying 3d flying but....
lakodathecat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2017, 07:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry to say it but it is the vibes, even if you do a live vibe check and it all looks good it still will drift. The only way I was able to some what fix it is by switching to lynx pro-belt tail. However I completly given up on ikon/brain rescue as it has caused me a few crashes when testing (inverted rescue is basically a 50/50 chance of the heli stopping at 90 degrees and falling out of the sky as it locks you out... and in most cases it does not go level but launches you into a random direction) Sorry.
Old 02-27-2017, 10:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I bit the bullet and tore it apart to replace the gyro pad. Used a 3M VHB pad and also a futaba pad, so used two gyro pads. Made sure nothing is touching. Bad weather here so can't test.

Really only interested in "rescue". Would it be worth it to replace ubrain version one with a new ubrain 2 ?????
Old 03-02-2017, 11:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Made some significant progress today. After switching to futaba pad got really large tail wag (which I've never had before on two 180cfx's), couldn't test rescue with wag. So started bench testing to get rid of wag, lowered gyro and some of the tail parameters which eliminated on test stand. While I had it tied down I tried the rescue and it still looked like it would have jump to the left. So turned on real-time vibration analysis (which is fantastic) hooked to a pc and found that my Zeal blades were causing extreme low end vibs, like 60. Messed around with them then changed to lynx 3d-r which reduced vib to ~18, tried microhelli blades ~20 then the original blade bullet rotors. The orginal blade rotor only gave 8 on the vib scale, lowest of all (don't like black blades!!!). Tried the rescue while tied down and no pull to the left at all, swash just evenly rose up then settled back down!!!! Doesn't mean it's fix since it was just bench test but looks a whole lot better.
Old 03-03-2017, 12:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default VHB eliminates wag, futaba causes it

The futaba pad (foam) helps rescue alot but cause a large tail wag. Didn't like having to reduce gyro and tail parameters with the futaba pad to eliminate wag. Since I found most of the vib problem was Zeal blades, figured change to 3m VHB (gel) since I've never had a tail wag with it. So took out futaba put in VHB. Tail wag is totally gone!! But vibrations are back, not nearly like with Zeal blades but looks like on a test stand rescue is not completely smooth as it was with futaba. It may be good enough but not betting on, lol.

So going to keep VHB and try test fly this weekend. Below are comparison of vibrations. With Zeal blades vib was like 50-60 (Zeal blades actually flew fine been using them for months just interfered with ubrain rescue).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	VHB.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	697015   Click image for larger version

Name:	futaba.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	697016  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in