Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > For Sale Forums – KNOW your buyer/seller ratings! No Price bashing. NO FIREARMS > Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts

Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts Post your theft, scammed, ripped off reports here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2012, 04:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default My dealing with joshwat

Hey helifreakers. It saddens me that I have to post something like this especially in this forum but I want to present my dealing with joshwat to the community. Even though the item is something small but it's the principle that matters and I have utmost respect for the people on this forums.

I saw joshwat wanted ad for a 450 SE V2 helicopter and contacted him through PM. He lives approximately 1.5 hrs from me. He was interested on the heli and I sent him few pictures as below. My asking price was $300 for everything including heli bnf, case, 2 2200mah batteries, few spare parts. He wasn't interested in Spectrum rx and we had agreed on a price of $240 without the AR6200 receiver with satellite.

On Sunday 2/26/12 early morning he called me and wanted to meet. I agreed to drive 45 minutes and meet him halfway and he also wanted to fly test the heli to make sure it's 100% working. So I left my receiver in and brought along my DX7 for him to test the heli.

We met, he checked out the heli and was satisfied. He gave me $240 cash and put the helicopter back in the aluminum case and left. Within 2 minutes I realized I have forgotten to take out the receiver and called him to let him know I forgot the receiver. All I got was the voicemail of which I left a message. Later that evening I text him regarding the receiver and that if he wants to keep it, I'll give him a good deal on it. I got no response. I called him several times then finally text him on Monday 2/27 telling him I feel that since he has not returned my calls or texts, his intention was to keep the receiver and that I will post up to let the helifreak community know about the dealing. Then miraculously on the same day I received a PM through helifreaks from Josh saying he has my receiver and that he has lost his phone. I then asked him to send it to me and offered to reimburse for the shipping fee. He declined the offer stating no problem. I gave him my address to ship it to me. Up to now I have not received anything from him. I have seen him getting on Helifreak forums several times and even sent him a PM asking him what's the status. He never responded to my PM. I then called him but continue to only get voicemail.

I am giving a shadow of a doubt and refrain from leaving him a negative feedback and will send him this link to him to get his response.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1037.jpg (114.2 KB, 288 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1041.jpg (92.7 KB, 267 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1042.jpg (119.8 KB, 237 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1043.jpg (97.0 KB, 226 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1040.jpg (108.2 KB, 202 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1044.jpg (64.6 KB, 208 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1046.jpg (64.8 KB, 201 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1049.jpg (66.8 KB, 190 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1051.jpg (61.2 KB, 194 views)
nartac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2012, 11:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

yes please leave him the negative feedback. i am absolutely ****ING sick of these scam artist B**tards in this hobby. if they cant buy it. then they dont need to be doing it.

Last edited by Bob O; 03-11-2012 at 04:30 AM.. Reason: please don't bypass the language filter
gmoneyhobbit is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2012, 12:06 AM   #3 (permalink)

Default f k both of you tards

f u and the the other guy i didnt do anything wrong to any one so if you feel the need to leave a neg feed back go for it as you can prob tell im so pissed right now that i dont give a rats ass
joshwat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2012, 12:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

so i just received this PM from joshwat

he needs to be banned asap

**** you
who you calling a ****ing scam artist mother ****er you dont know me or know what the **** transpired between me and the other guy so untill i do somthing wrong to you keep your **** trap shut ****ing ***** come up to the desert talking that shit i seriously dought you got the nuts
Old 03-11-2012, 07:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshwat View Post
f u and the the other guy i didnt do anything wrong to any one so if you feel the need to leave a neg feed back go for it as you can prob tell im so pissed right now that i dont give a rats ass

So man up and make it right. If you agreed to buy the helicopter without the receiver, send the receiver back or pay for it. Tomorrow will be two weeks since your last communication with the seller. MORE than enough time to get this resolved.

No helicopters were harmed in the creation of this post.
AMA CD # 7309, Turbine Waiver# RW 890
Click Here For Bergen Intrepid Turbine Build Videos
Skiddz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2012, 09:01 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

joshwat...if you dont like to be called a scammer then DONT BE ONE!!!!! Send the guy his damn RX back since you didnt pay for it like you should have the same day after he called you. Geez.....why are people so freaking stupid

Chris_M is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2012, 09:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshwat View Post
I'm sorry man. You don't think you did anything wrong? Can you please explain to me why you didn't pick up the phone when I tried to contact with you or call me back when I left you multiple messages? Why didn't you reply to my PM when I inquire about the shipment of the receiver? Do you like it when someone promise you to return something but they never did?

You are 40 so I know you are old enough to know what is right and wrong.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:17 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nartac View Post
I'm sorry man. You don't think you did anything wrong? Can you please explain to me why you didn't pick up the phone when I tried to contact with you or call me back when I left you multiple messages? Why didn't you reply to my PM when I inquire about the shipment of the receiver? Do you like it when someone promise you to return something but they never did?

You are 40 so I know you are old enough to know what is right and wrong.

wow this guy is 40 and acting like this... wouldnt surprise me if he lives in his mothers basement still.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

report it as a theft. let the police get it for you.
MilitaryMachinist is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2012, 02:15 PM   #10 (permalink)

What a loser, he needs to grow up, and if he wants to send me a pm like he did to the others, go ahead, it will just show more people how stupid you really are, man up and send the the rx back...
wolfen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2012, 03:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilitaryMachinist View Post
report it as a theft. let the police get it for you.
I might consider it with this guy's attitude. I have a friend who is a detective and might ask for his assistance.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:34 PM   #12 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by nartac View Post
I might consider it with this guy's attitude. I have a friend who is a detective and might ask for his assistance.
Depending upon the laws in your state, it's most likely a civil matter. Meaning small claims court.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:28 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=389010

He's selling his old to use yours
ddj74 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2012, 11:12 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

not a good way to join the community in one short month... well I kind of shit on his parade in other posts josh since you are not allowing pm's once you make this right I will edit my posts but till then you shall be known as a theif
Old 03-11-2012, 11:49 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well Josh thanks for showing us how not to do it. You traded your reputation for something that's probably worth less then dinner at a nice restaurant.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:35 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default He gave his # in his for sale ad

"call me at *** *** **** my name is josh"

Lets all call him and tell him what we think of people like him.

Nartic, drag his sorry butt to small clames court I believe he will have to travel to your location?
Old 03-12-2012, 07:57 AM   #17 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
"call me at *** *** **** my name is josh"

Lets all call him and tell him what we think of people like him.

Nartic, drag his sorry butt to small clames court I believe he will have to travel to your location?
Let's not and say we didn't. That would qualify as harassment, which goes against the "mutual respect" part of the HF motto. And please don't change the post to put the phone number back or else you will be infracted.
Graupner MZ-32

Experience is something you gain only after you need it.
I wouldn't mind social media so much if it didn't involve people.
TheBum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2012, 09:18 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Guys. I want to express my gratitude for all the support that you all have given. It really touched me and I feel very fortunate to be a part of this community and the Helifreak "band of brothers".

One bad apple does not deter me from dealing and enjoying communicating with the people on this forum. I learned a lot since joining and appreciate all the help the community has given me and I hope to have contributed a little to the community as well.

It's unfortunate that for a guy who is close to my age behaves like he has no moral or even a hint of guilt but at least he is exposed and hopefully this thread warn other Helifreakers from being ripped off.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:48 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Freaking rediculous... Ppl like him shouldn't be allowed on this site. Makes me sick
Old 03-12-2012, 05:48 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

so he is upgrading to a dx7 to use the stolen rx. unbelievable

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in