Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 120 SR

120 SR Blade (eFlite) 120 SR Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2012, 03:37 AM   #841 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli_Cat52 View Post
First "HUGE" thanks to everybody that contributed to the 120SR Mods List.I think Blade should let us design their next Micro Heli. I just wanted to post the pics of what I took from this list.

Again, thank you all, Dave
Good work there. IMHO, you should keep a close eye on any Xtreme parts (link balls/bearing security, just the usual bits. My experience with their stuff has been less than impressive. Again IMHO, bling order of quality - Microlheli, Rakon and a distant Xtreme.

Happy flying
thegeek is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2012, 03:40 AM   #842 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRogers View Post
This is going back a few posts but has anyone noticed their 120 to be more sluggish with the TRex 250 skid mod???

Mrr
S***t yeah!!!

My 120 flies a bit like a transport bird
Old 08-25-2012, 07:08 AM   #843 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
First "HUGE" thanks to everybody that contributed to the 120SR Mods List.I think Blade should let us design their next Micro Heli. I just wanted to post the pics of what I took from this list.

Again, thank you all, Dave
Wow! But, does it fly now???? Does the upgrade in wiring make a notable difference?
Saxguy1000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2012, 11:25 AM   #844 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi all, to "thegeek" thanks for the heads up on Xtreme I'll definately watch it.

And "Saxguy1000" I haven't flown it yet but the power seems to be there with the

new wiring.

Dave
MA Ion X v2 FBL, Fut.T8FG CGY750, Spektrum DX8, 3 Blade 120 SRs, 1 stock, 1 full RKH, 1 half stock-half Xtreme, 2 mCX2s, 1 full MH, 1 w/S300 canopy and tail, 1 mCPX v2 full MH, 1 mSRX w/ext 125 mm tail, 1 mSR MH Swash.
Heli_Cat52 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2012, 04:47 AM   #845 (permalink)

Quote:
Hi all, to "thegeek" thanks for the heads up on Xtreme I'll definately watch it.

And "Saxguy1000" I haven't flown it yet but the power seems to be there with the

new wiring.

Dave
Yeah, like that wiring for sure - I don't know how you do it, but I like it. I woould no more put an iron on my 3in1 than jump

To be fair to Xtreme, their supplier(?): Miracle Mart, have always been outstanding with customer support. Amongst other things, I ordered aluminium shafts and got steel I'm sure (so heavy) could have been 120 shafts??? ANyway, good backup if probs.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:47 PM   #846 (permalink)
Registered Users

O.K. I had a chance to fly it and it has a little vibration going on in the blades or head, not real

bad though I don't think the 2mm cf glued in to stiffin the flybar could be the problem. I'll balance

and track the blades and see where it is then.

Soldering on the board is not that bad geek you could always disassemble an old clock radio

or any thing with PC boards inside for practice just use the right size soldering tip for the
job.

Dave
MA Ion X v2 FBL, Fut.T8FG CGY750, Spektrum DX8, 3 Blade 120 SRs, 1 stock, 1 full RKH, 1 half stock-half Xtreme, 2 mCX2s, 1 full MH, 1 w/S300 canopy and tail, 1 mCPX v2 full MH, 1 mSRX w/ext 125 mm tail, 1 mSR MH Swash.
Heli_Cat52 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2012, 08:38 AM   #847 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Flybar Mod

See my Blog at http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1681794. WS
Wind Spirit is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2012, 08:17 AM   #848 (permalink)
Registered Users

i did cut my blade to 5mm today and it perform well.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:49 AM   #849 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightfighter363 View Post
i did cut my blade to 5mm today and it perform well.
Some say up to 10mm will work great, but I didn't like it when I tried 8mm. However, I absolutely love the 5mm clip. It makes the heli so much more responsive outside.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:22 AM   #850 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000 View Post
Some say up to 10mm will work great, but I didn't like it when I tried 8mm. However, I absolutely love the 5mm clip. It makes the heli so much more responsive outside.
just curious. is it 10mm trim means 5mm on both blade or 10mm on both total 20mm?
Old 09-08-2012, 08:27 AM   #851 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightfighter363 View Post
just curious. is it 10mm trim means 5mm on both blade or 10mm on both total 20mm?
10mm each blade. Someone gave me the tip that the Solo Pro Free Spirit blades can be trimmed back 10mm each and they work well. I haven't tried it, yet, but I have the blades and they are shaped just different enough that it would be a difference. They don't look like what's in the picture. They are closer to a CX3 blade:

Nine Eagles Free Spirit/Kestrel SX Rotor Blades Set - NE11014700

Note: I tried them at full length and may have burnt out the esc. I wouldn't use them without trimming, if I were you! I'm waiting for a new 5n1 to try out the shorter length.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:31 PM   #852 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomy. View Post
Really good mods. I like the reenforcement of the CF canopy rods although I never broke one so far.
And yes, one of the 5-1s turned into a firey inferno onmy heli last week, it just overheated so I'll punch some holes on the cover too!

But it also bothered me how the canopy slips in too deep on those rods. So I came up with this:

I got a pack of grommets and used CA to fix one on each rod end, about 1.5 grommet distance from the end. Now my canopy sits firm right on the ends of the rods beautifully.
Stupid question....I've seen people use the term "CA" a bunch. What is it really called? I'm assuming its some form of epoxy?
Bladerunner81 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2012, 08:37 PM   #853 (permalink)
Registered Users

Super Glue ---- CyanoAcrylate

USAF RETIRED 1968-1988 Vietnam Veteran
Pfloyd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2012, 10:01 PM   #854 (permalink)
Registered Users

Does anyone know whatever happened to Heli Bones ? He hasn't posted in forever ... figures ... just when I have to ask him about the SR that he turned into a FP ... 120 on roids
Old 10-16-2012, 10:03 PM   #855 (permalink)
Registered Users

Alot of old timers have moved on.........

Old 10-16-2012, 10:04 PM   #856 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did you follow the build in question ? I'm curious to find out the final outcome.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:36 PM   #857 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but if not, here ya go. I found it to be a real pain in the butt taking the canopy off each time I wanted to change the battery, so I just cut some of the bottom of the canopy off in order to keep the battery holder in place while installing a battery without breaking the battery tray.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Canopy Cut.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	365651  
Old 11-12-2012, 10:26 PM   #858 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's a great idea...think I will try that...

Old 11-13-2012, 09:35 AM   #859 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleynhelis View Post
I don't know if this has been posted yet, but if not, here ya go. I found it to be a real pain in the butt taking the canopy off each time I wanted to change the battery, so I just cut some of the bottom of the canopy off in order to keep the battery holder in place while installing a battery without breaking the battery tray.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfloyd View Post
That's a great idea...think I will try that...
Good call, might have to do that too...

If your round the corners they will much less likely to crack at those points...
Chris.S. is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 11:14 AM   #860 (permalink)
Registered Users

My canopy has more holes than swiss cheese.....LOL.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in