Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics

JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics JR and Spektrum Radios, Gyros, Servos, Etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2010, 05:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default AR7000 question

I thought there might be a problem with my rx. I know that flashing lights in the main and sub receivers indicates low voltage. Using an esc and 3 cell lipo I can reliably get both lights to go steady. Using an old 4.8 volt nicad the sub rx goes to a solid steady light and the main rx goes to a flashing light. What does it indicate when upon initializing if one light goes steady and the other flashes? Thanks in advance.
skypup is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2010, 07:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Is the receiver pack capable of holding a full charge? Doesn't sound like it, especially since you said it was "old".

I use a new Ni-MH 4-cell pack to do all my binding, setting up, etc., and have never experienced anything different than when plugging in a Li-Po on an ESC. That's with the AR 7000, 6200, 6250, 6100.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob O View Post
Is the receiver pack capable of holding a full charge? Doesn't sound like it, especially since you said it was "old".

I use a new Ni-MH 4-cell pack to do all my binding, setting up, etc., and have never experienced anything different than when plugging in a Li-Po on an ESC. That's with the AR 7000, 6200, 6250, 6100.
I haven't cycled the 4 cell to check capacity but it was showing close to 7 volts after taking 200 plus mah. I have two other 7000's and haven't run into this. I tried again with the 4 cell and it was fine. Not sure what's going on.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maybe this will help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo/Files/SPMAR7000UserGuide.pdf

Note:
The latest generations of Nickel-Metal Hydride batteries incorporate a new chemistry mandated to be more environmentally friendly. These batteries when charged with peak detection fast chargers have tendencies to false peak (not fully charge) repeatedly. These include all brands of NiMH batteries. If using NiMH packs, be especially cautious when charging, making absolutely sure that the battery is fully charged. It is recommended to use a charger that can display total charge capacity. Note the number of mAh put into a discharged pack to verify it has been charged to full capacity.
QuickConnect With Brownout Detection
Your AR7000 features QuickConnect with Brownout Detection.
• Should an interruption of power occur (brownout), the system will reconnect immediately when power is restored (QuickConnect).
• The LED on the receiver will flash slowly indicating a power interruption (brownout) has occurred.
• Brownouts can be caused by an inadequate power supply (weak battery or regulator), a loose connector, a bad switch, an inadequate BEC when using an electronic speed controller, etc.
• Brownouts occur when the receiver voltage drops below 3.5 volts thus interrupting control as the servos and receiver require a minimum of 3.5 volts to operate.
How QuickConnectWith Brownout Detection Works
• When the receiver voltage drops below 3.5 volts the system drops out (ceases to operate).
• When power is restored the receiver immediately attempts to reconnect to the last two frequencies that it was connected to.
• If the two frequencies are present (the transmitter was left on) the system reconnects typically in about 4/100 of a second.
QuickConnect with Brownout Detection is designed to allow you to fly safely through most short duration power interruptions, however, the root cause of these interruptions must be corrected before the next flight to prevent catastrophic safety issues.
Note: If a brownout occurs in flight it is vital that the cause of the brownout be determined and corrected.
Jerry Moore, AMA #878954,TARANIS OpenTX- Pantera 600 FB - Pantera .60 FB - Takes a licking and keeps on kicking! KISSAM = Keep It Simple Stupid: Affordable, Maintainable -
Visit Early and often - http://open-txu.org
Jermo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2010, 09:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermo View Post
Maybe this will help.
Sounds right. Why does the sub rx have a sready bright light and th rx flash? Is it the ONLY one that flashes to indicate low voltage?
Old 01-28-2010, 05:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

that's the way mine works.
Jerry Moore, AMA #878954,TARANIS OpenTX- Pantera 600 FB - Pantera .60 FB - Takes a licking and keeps on kicking! KISSAM = Keep It Simple Stupid: Affordable, Maintainable -
Visit Early and often - http://open-txu.org
Jermo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2010, 07:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

They should both flash. You might have mismatched firmware.
http://www.jaxrc.com
BarracudaHockey is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2010, 04:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Also the sat and main may reboot at slightly different voltages. So you could be dropping enough to reboot the main Rx, but not the sat Rx.
AMA#47402, IRCHA # 3395
Blade CP "Pro", Trex 450SE, PiccoZ, Quick of Japan EP8v2 EX, Hurricane 550, Hurricane 200, JR Vibe 50, Blade mCX, Bergen Intrepid Gasser, Pantera 50, Blade mSR, Novus CP
Pinecone is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in