Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > SR

SR Blade Helicopters (eFlite) SR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2012, 12:55 PM   #541 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by steubens View Post
Im about to replace the orings and add some extra shims. As well, the flybar is lopsided by a few mm's so im going to fix that ... I'm going to tuck the motor wires up under the battery strap (as has been suggested in other threads) and start researching the tail motor flip thingie on this very forum ...

just waiting for a blade grip bolt from the mailman set and then I can fire her up, hopefully this week!

Tail motor flip thread.
Beam E4-(Scorpion HK-2221-6,11T pinion, Phoenix 60, HS65MG cyclics, GY520),120SR, Trex 250SE (stock) MH bottom plate,GY-520,Futaba R6106, MCPx,DX7se,Futaba 8FG Super, HPI Vorza on Futaba 4PL.Honda HS928K1TA
olemil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2012, 02:04 AM   #542 (permalink)
Registered Users

I finally got around to taking the training gear off and swapped out my dying tail motor! Wow she flies better... What better conditions to test than 10-15mph wind gusts, went though a pack of tail in and side to side hovering and flying about recovering from the wind gusts. Methinks I'll be inverted in no time at all!
joachimp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2012, 07:12 PM   #543 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by joachimp View Post
I finally got around to taking the training gear off and swapped out my dying tail motor! Wow she flies better... What better conditions to test than 10-15mph wind gusts, went though a pack of tail in and side to side hovering and flying about recovering from the wind gusts. Methinks I'll be inverted in no time at all!
Batterys finished charging right when it got dark last night and it rained/snowed all day today . Got tired of cycling 5 batterys through stock charger and went with the https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=386281 Parallel Lipo charging method and ordered everything I need for that. Now I can charge 6 batterys in an hour
Bout of have alot of flight time to wreck again lol.
skyl3r_2k is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2012, 06:07 PM   #544 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Waiting on the wind to die down.

I have switched over to my Dx6i radio and have tested it out in the breeze to make sure its all go.. I am ready to fly as soon as the wind dies down. I have 10 new batteries charged and ready to test out. I did get to spool one up earlier and it seemed way better than my stock batteries. The head speed seemed a little higher and it had better punch as far as I could tell on my living room floor. I keep checking the trees for movement out the front door.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:43 AM   #545 (permalink)
Registered Users

Played chicken with the wind. You know, wait for it to quit blowing hard, fly for a few minutes, then land when you feel that 18mph gust kicking up again! Had a neighbor slow WAY down as they drove by to see what the heck I was flying in the yard....

Jumna is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2012, 12:31 AM   #546 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dusted off some dust that's been on the SR for 6 months and flew it to make sure it worked to prep it to sell it... hello 300x.
BurritoSnake is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2012, 03:44 AM   #547 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Stole the Detrum gyro off it for my 450 pro, sorry SR. :3
Old 03-09-2012, 09:02 AM   #548 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Exactly one year and this thread is still going strong!! Lol, I almost can't believe it, great topic though
Old 03-09-2012, 02:53 PM   #549 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKS_ONE View Post
Exactly one year and this thread is still going strong!! Lol, I almost can't believe it, great topic though
Oh I didn't do anything to my SR again today other than look at it sitting on the shelf nice and pretty, I hate cold and windy days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Beam E4-(Scorpion HK-2221-6,11T pinion, Phoenix 60, HS65MG cyclics, GY520),120SR, Trex 250SE (stock) MH bottom plate,GY-520,Futaba R6106, MCPx,DX7se,Futaba 8FG Super, HPI Vorza on Futaba 4PL.Honda HS928K1TA
Old 03-09-2012, 06:01 PM   #550 (permalink)
Registered Users

What did I do with my SR today???? well not a thing, WHY? Because about two weeks ago I didi the funky chicken while night flyingl Broke a grip, the tail motor went about 10 feet accross the parking lot and well who the hell knows what else is broke. LOL So I ordered a DX6i,,,well that should fix it NOT!!! but it will get me closer to that TREX WAHOO No sense in putting the carrage before the horse.

Last edited by joeblades; 03-09-2012 at 06:02 PM.. Reason: for fun
joeblades is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2012, 07:00 PM   #551 (permalink)
Registered Users

i just found a tail mtr that flew off in a crash about 2 weeks ago. You, figure with that big white rotor blade it would be easy to find. every time i go outside i do a walk around for lost heli parts. cleaned all the leaves and pine needles outta the trampoline and there it was !! from the ground up to the top of safety netting is about 10ft. that sucker had to fly up 10ft to to make it in there !!! i flew a few packs and busted more stuff on the SR today.
kartooo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2012, 09:12 AM   #552 (permalink)
Registered Users

It is amazing just how far things fly when the ground meets heil in the wrong way . today I begin the rebuild. Might just as well chunk the old tail motor in th trash. They never work very long after a hard hit, if at all.

I have lerned it's cheeper to chunk it (TAIL MOTOR) then use it and crash again because it it craps out in flight.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:07 PM   #553 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well after what seemed like forever, I got it off the shelf and actually took it outside for a few packs. March 11, Michigan, 66* and light winds is unreal and I'll be damned if I was going to let the whole day pass with out flying something...lol. It was a bit windy at times but once I got off the ground she handled like a champ. I really need to find a bigger area to fly, our backyard isn't that big and there is woods on two sides which sucks for a background trying to see the SR. It did help after I painted my vertical fin pumpkin orange last weekend, I wanted something brighter but that's the best Wally could do for me. But I did burn two packs bobbing around and had a ball, didn't pile it up or anything!!!
Old 03-14-2012, 08:54 PM   #554 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I still have not taken my heli outside. My thumbs seem to be broken, that and I have not flown in almost a year. In fact in may be over a year because I went overseas and this time last year I was busy preparing for the trip.

So rather than crash it I spent money for the DX6i and the Pheonix Sim. I feel like a newbie. LOL Maybe the sim and tx will help me get back on track without spending 500 bucks rebuilding.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:35 AM   #555 (permalink)
Registered Users

That phoenix sim is awesome - it's money well spent.

Old 03-15-2012, 05:24 PM   #556 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Jumna you are right,,,I love it, just loaded it up today and hooked the 6i in. Spent about an hour,,,,,,cost free,,,,LOL crashing the life out of the SR. I set up the TX as prescribed in another thread and bound it to my bird, damn thing spooled up but never quite lifted off. Need to check my pitch settings on the heli,,,,think they are a bit too low. With the stock TX in mode one at about 25% stick she sticks to the ground. HINT HINT pitch to low. So I believe when I adjust it it will fly with the 6i.

The SIM is great.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:09 PM   #557 (permalink)
Registered Users

It was yet another gorgeous 80* day here in MI with winds 5-10mph, but I said screw it and charged up a coule packs...lol. I got off the ground before the wind picked up and had a ball zipping around the back yard. Doing kind of a circuit going nose forward one direction and swinging it back home side in since my yard isn't big enough for me to try a full circuit (yes I am a wimp..lol). The wind was banging the SR around pretty good but I was able to keep her stable banging the sticks. I did order a new set of servo links and main motor from Valuerc, the motor was pulled from a new SR for $10 so I couldn't resist. I know it's another boring SR story, but for what it is I sure have fun with this little bird.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:20 PM   #558 (permalink)
Registered Users

I did the same in my front yard with a pack. Flew over the dogwoods and did some orientations. I have room for circuits up high but if I goof I'd hate to be eying my SR on my roof (or someone else's!). It is a lot more thrilling to have the SR pass within 3-5' of me than a small electronically-stabilized mcpx. I'm wondering if my zippy batteries have lost some zip from the fall - hopefully not too much if they have....

Old 03-15-2012, 07:50 PM   #559 (permalink)
Registered Users

I built one. MH CF blades, CNC swash, CNC main gear, ValueHobby main motor, GY401, Hitec HS65MGs, and Orange RX.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Blade SR 001.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	299098   Click image for larger version

Name:	Blade SR 002.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	299099   Click image for larger version

Name:	Blade SR 003.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	299100  
Prôtos 700
Xtreme-Production
SYMAWD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2012, 10:05 AM   #560 (permalink)
Registered Users

It was a picture perfect morning in London Ontario

So I gave the blade SR and CX a quick look over charged the packs and out i went. first flight on the cx just to see how the wind really was. a very little., put a pack in the SR battery #1 went awesome. Practicing with my MSR and MCX tandom, as well as some other micro's indoors helped me out i was able to accomplish some forward flight and some nose in hover. Landed at my feet. waited about 10 min, put battery #2 in, hovered a bit went to do some FWD flight again, and the wind came up and I hit a tree. opps. i guess i got to confident.

damage. one broken blade grip.. and 2 main blades.

LHS here i come.

SO i put a battery in my AXE CP. and wow that thing is nice to fly way smoother. i have it set up so it hovers like the one in the dvd that came with it. I don't understand why more people don't fly these.
Cman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in