Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gaui Helicopters > 330X

330X Discussion and support of the Gaui Hurricane 330X QuadCopter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2011, 05:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default What size batteries is everyone using for 330X-S

2200 2S or 3S / 25C or 30C?
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2011, 08:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I use 2200 3s, 45C in my 450 pro and my 330X. Keeps it easy for not having to buy different batteries for each.

Even when my 330x is loaded with my camera everything still runs cool.
Brian4301 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2011, 08:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Brian,

You don't have problems with the 45C? That is good to know - just bought a couple and was worried it might be too much for the 330Xs ESCs.

My normal battery is 2200 3S 25C but now I have 2 2200 3S 45C (yet to use the later ones).
mbsteed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2011, 08:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian4301 View Post
I use 2200 3s, 45C in my 450 pro and my 330X. Keeps it easy for not having to buy different batteries for each.

Even when my 330x is loaded with my camera everything still runs cool.
Wow a 45C in the 330? It doesn't fly all erratic?
How different will the quad act between using a 2200 11.1v 3S 30C or a 2650 11.1v 3S 30C? How do the ##C and mAh ratings come into play?
Old 01-05-2011, 10:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

From what I understand about batteries, the "C" rate is more about how fast it can be charged or dis-charged. As for the mAh, it's how much run time you will get. The larger the number the longer you can fly. It also has to do with the size and weight of the battery.

So, a 2650 3S 30C will run a little longer and add a little more weight then a 2200 3S 30C.

I run 2200 3S 25C, 30C, and 45C's on mine.

Hope this helps.
Freddd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2011, 10:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My understanding of Cs is that the difference between 20C and 45C is not just for charging but how much energy can be called up by the electrical system. I would think it would provide a more peppy experience because it would draw more power. Of course the tradeoff is that the battery would drain quicker. My concern would that it might be too much for the ESCs but it seems that folks are using 45C without a problem, so hopefully I won't have a problem with my 45Cs.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbsteed View Post
My understanding of Cs is that the difference between 20C and 45C is not just for charging but how much energy can be called up by the electrical system. I would think it would provide a more peppy experience because it would draw more power. Of course the tradeoff is that the battery would drain quicker. My concern would that it might be too much for the ESCs but it seems that folks are using 45C without a problem, so hopefully I won't have a problem with my 45Cs.
I see alot of 40C & 45C batts rated at 2650mAh. Still trying to grasp all this. So why would someone choose a 2200 over a 2650?
Old 01-06-2011, 01:03 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

'cos its lighter and cheaper. Less weight = more flight time. Or you can have a bigger payload, say for FPV gear or something. I wonder how much different a 2650 is compared to a 2200. Less weight and less mah VS more weight and more mah.
juz70 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2011, 06:40 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

HK 2200maH, 3S
(I sold my Trex 450, so have a load of these now)
tomcarpenter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2011, 08:53 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

C rating or Continuous amps is what that number denotes. Basically you multiply the C rating times the Mah ( Capacity of the battery ) and divide by 1000.
For instance you have a 10c 2500 battery vs 20c 2500 battery (any cell count). 10 x 2500=25000/1000 = 25 continuous amps the battery will deliver on demand. 20c x2500=62500/1000 = 62.5 continuous amps the battery will deliver on demand.
This does not mean that it will pump that much into your motor against its will. That’s all dependant on many factors , gearing, motor kv. prop size, wire size. All these factors determine how many amps the system will draw from said battery. A higher C rating will tend to sustain the needed voltage more constant throughout the entire flight and more consistent throughout the run of the battery.
With higher C ratings you have more weight, but you will experience the system to run at its optimum if the voltage remains constant throughout the flight as opposed to a lesser C rated battery that is Under rated and the system is constantly running below the target voltage of 3.7 volts per cell under load.

As far as charging. The charging rate is strictly noted in the manufacturers specs. Meaning if an allowable charge rating is 1c this means 1 times the capacity or Mah. ie: 2500 Mah battery may be charged at 2.5 amps 5c allowable may be charged at 12.5 amps.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have verified that my wobble was low battery. In fact with the extra weight of my camera mount and bumpers, I can't even get off the ground with my 2S battery fully charged (maybe a bad battery) but it worked fine when the Guai didn't have the extra weight. The 3S batteries runs the the ship fine. However, I think I will start to time it with the Tx rather than relying on the battery warning monitor. Tonight when I tried flying it, it was rock solid until the battery warning buzzer went of - it started wobblying almost immediately even before I could get into a good landing and I was only 5 feet off the ground. If it were at a higher altitude when this starts, then I would be in trouble.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:57 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Do you guys know what the recommended battery configuration is for maximum payload? I don't see it listed in the Gaui manual. If it's different, what's the recommended battery configuration for longer flight times?

I see responses for the batteries that you guys are using, but what flight time are you getting out of it?
JayPro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2012, 01:30 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hey all,

I think I will answer my own question since I emailed customer support (from where my 330x was purchased and built). But keep in mind they sell the mentioned batteries below. In summary:

You can use one 3S 11.1v battery 3300mAh, or two 3S 2200mAh in parallel. That is the limit and will not fly if you carry more than that. The C point does not affect the 330x.
JayPro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2012, 10:36 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I use this one:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11943
Kalpazan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in