Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 550X

Blade 550X Blade 550X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 08:27 PM   #161 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by FailureToFly View Post
The Gaui FES kit I bought was $800 and I got it RTF/RTB for $905 with an AR7200BX. That is a hard heli to beat at that price point IMHO. The prem is a fair bit more at ~$1070 and mostly amounts to VBar and the X5 HV servos...pretty good deal for a high end machine I guess.

I myself may consider the 550X as I know it'll have good parts supply. If HH dial in parts too high like they are prone too (HH are you listening?) it'll either turn off a great deal of customers or it'll bomb long term...but if they have carefully assessed the market and parts match up with the other 550's, then I would have no issues buying in.
A$1100... To give them credit, they are fast lol....

http://www.modelflight.com.au/produc...11611-131.html

spykez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 08:32 PM   #162 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlohr View Post
Hopefully this heli will be of similar value to the mcpX and the 450X and not similar to many previous E-Flite helis. I'll withhold my opinion till some people own them and report what they think.

I won't say Blade makes quality helis, but I will say some lately have been a good value. My buddy who is a newbie loves his Blade 450X and I have to say it flies fine for what it is. Personally I am glad Blade makes reasonably priced helis for those that aren't ready or can't commit a lot of money to the hobby.

I don't think the Blade 130X is an appropriate heli to compare to because making a tiny 3D heli is a whole different ball game than the larger sizes. Blade is pretty much a pioneer on this size heli with only a few exceptions and they haven't nailed it yet either.

WBFAir, Its fine to give an apposing view point, but coming in and just bashing away post after post is just trolling. Make your point respectfully and move on please. The good people in this forum, the Blade Forum, shouldn't really have to wade through all your negative posts. Your not making this a great place to be. You are just irritating them.

Rick
Thank you Mr. Rick could not have said it better myself. You should have included about four other clowns in that qoute. Jeez lighten up people we do not even know what it is yet. Pull your panties out your ass and go fly your helis. Most people could care less what you think.
stablehover is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 08:35 PM   #163 (permalink)

Honestly... if you upgrade the servos and go 6s on the 450X... There is no competion (boy am I gonna hear it).. Hell... just putting the upgraded 3800kv motor in it makes it a screamer... If they do make a V2 450X... definently go with the polymer frame..... Kinda wish I would see more of that now...

P.S. $12 to replace the 450X frame... How much for a Trex? (just asking) Logo frame is inexpensive to replace also....
jakozzz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 08:38 PM   #164 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by stablehover View Post
Thank you Mr. Rick could not have said it better myself. You should have included about four other clowns in that qoute. Jeez lighten up people we do not even know what it is yet. Pull your panties out your ass and go fly your helis. Most people could care less what you think.
Now that's mutual respect if I ever did seen it.

Not having faith in blade is one thing, name calling is another. The funny thing about what we think is it is as relevant as what you think as well. :
Old 12-06-2012, 08:39 PM   #165 (permalink)
Registered Users

Edit: double post
Old 12-06-2012, 08:40 PM   #166 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakozzz View Post
Honestly... if you upgrade the servos and go 6s on the 450X... There is no competion (boy am I gonna hear it).. Hell... just putting the upgraded 3800kv motor in it makes it a screamer... If they do make a V2 450X... definently go with the polymer frame..... Kinda wish I would see more of that now...

P.S. $12 to replace the 450X frame... How much for a Trex? (just asking) Logo frame is inexpensive to replace also....
Never broke a frame on mine in 3 crashes so I couldn't tell you the cost. I can tell you the CF blades from align were a touch under $20, fair in my opinion.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:52 PM   #167 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by stablehover View Post
I appreciate that people are passionate about their feelings for HH both pro and con, but lets keep it on a civil level please. I'd hate to have to close this thread.

Rick
rdlohr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 08:54 PM   #168 (permalink)
Registered Users

The electronics in some of the blade products have been questionable.

I wonder if Blade will release a bare bones kits so we can outfit it ourselfs with quality gear. It would be an expensive way to go but we would find out what the frame is like.

The Align 550 is quite good but a few people at my field have had some issues with stripping tail gears regularly. Based on the size of the frame (plus all of that battery space in the undercarrage that isn't used in this model i would imagine it will be similar to the Mikado design model of multiple helis per frame size.

As others have said, Blade stuff fly's well for the price but QC needs to be addressed. If they airframe is solid and bearings dont wear out this will be a good heli.

In saying all of this i dont think this heli will attract the experienced heli market. Anyone who has bought a 600+ size heli will likely overlook this. If you currently own a mCpx or 450 sized this will be a logical step if a 600 is too much of an investment. Just as people who have bought something other than an align will likely not go back to an align product it will appeal to the 'first big heli' market.

I started with Align 600 and really enjoyed it. (still have it) but would likely not buy another one.

Blade pro series (at this stage) will be a transition heli at best
Old 12-06-2012, 09:03 PM   #169 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'll say this. I want from mCPX to an Align 550. If this was out 6 months ago, I wouldn't have hesitated.
slimjimi09 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 09:13 PM   #170 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes the Warp is definitely in my sights but $400 just for the frame, blades and motor...it's verging on the same money for my X5 and the 550X!

I could transfer most items over which is cool though...maybe for my birthday in March once the Warp has been adequately shaken down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojappa View Post
If you really want a CF framed 450 why not get an airframe for one of your 6S 450X's? Either a 450 Pro DFC or better yet a purpose built 6S monster, the new Warp 360 would be great upgrades and you'd still have another to transfer the part from should blade release a Pro series 450x. Just a thought.
That was fast! Guess $1100 for a 550 with blades, AR7200 isn't that bad. I couldn't buy an align any cheaper here. I'd prob buy from Ampdraw for $900 and just ship it for the $30 they charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spykez View Post
A$1100... To give them credit, they are fast lol....

http://www.modelflight.com.au/produc...11611-131.html
Yes, when you compare power to weight, the 450X isn't a bad machine for upgrades. I'm sitting on nearly 1 watt per gram (595w cont and ~ 610gms) without battery (but everything else like canopy, blades etc). Most of the CF 6S helis come in at about 700-750 grams without battery.

I like the $8 frame replacement prices (I've...ahh...used a few ) but I'd like one twice as robust if they do stick with the CF impregnated plastic. Yes! Maybe a little baby logo style frame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakozzz View Post

Old 12-06-2012, 09:19 PM   #171 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FailureToFly View Post
Maybe a little baby logo style frame!
+100
jakozzz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 09:23 PM   #172 (permalink)
Registered Users

A 6S 450 from Logo would immediately find its way into my hangar.

I hear ya on the Warp. I too am waiting for the kinks to be addressed. One thing that's certain though is that any issue found will be swiftly addressed and corrected by Compass. $400 is a bit steep but once you sell what you can of what you've got (450 airframe w/ motor) you can cut that cost down to a reasonable one. Especially reasonable when you consider what you'll be getting.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:56 PM   #173 (permalink)
Registered Users

One thing I dont understand is, why on earth would Blade even consider announcing this this new "pro" heli before the long awaited 500x is even in the hands of the general public....? Dont make any sense at all. You would think that they should have at least brought out the 500x and proved themselves in the market place....

It almost seems like a 550 anouncement is provided as a distraction to why the 500x is so late.... This smells to me like a bunch of PR..... I'll believe it when i see it.....
Old 12-06-2012, 11:12 PM   #174 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by upankatz View Post
One thing I dont understand is, why on earth would Blade even consider announcing this this new "pro" heli before the long awaited 500x is even in the hands of the general public....? Dont make any sense at all. You would think that they should have at least brought out the 500x and proved themselves in the market place....

It almost seems like a 550 anouncement is provided as a distraction to why the 500x is so late.... This smells to me like a bunch of PR..... I'll believe it when i see it.....
I figure it's because the 500 and 550 are close in size.

How would you feel if you just bought a 500 and a month later this was announced?

I know what you'll say, "It's been on preorder status for so long."

My guess in the delay was because of this. My assumption of the 3D being released is because there is no 550 3D Pro Series.

Just my opinion.
slimjimi09 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 11:48 PM   #175 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlohr View Post
I appreciate that people are passionate about their feelings for HH both pro and con, but lets keep it on a civil level please. I'd hate to have to close this thread.

Rick
Thank you again Rick for keeping things civil. I myself love reading through new products forums when a new heli is launched. When compass annouced the warp, sab goblin, etc.

But I respectfully ask to let the people discuss what is on the subject of the thread. We all know other people have an agenda to sway potential buyers to the brand they like either by commenting negatively, joking and putting a smiley etc. This is OK, as you have an opinion, but please do not derail the topic by constantly posting about your alternative heli recomendation. One post sends the message.

This post is not intended to offend anybody here, but just a polite way to say, lets keep it fun and an enjoyable read.

To get back on topic, I am wondeing what a good 8s setup for this heli

My RC facebook and Youtube Page (please subscribe to get latest news and video):
http://www.youtube.com/zoomtt
http://www.facebook.com/zoomtt
edsel.labao is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 11:51 PM   #176 (permalink)
Registered Users

hmmm 151 posts (now 152).

HH has the best distribution channel and premiere support. Anyone can outsource mfg to china, so they can compete on price. Their marketing department is top notch as well.

Align should be worried. Very worried. I guess that's why they signed Jamie. Perhaps next year we will see a few HH choppers at XFC.

I always wondered why they didn't do this sooner. I thought left too much money on the table. Start with an mcpx, and before you know it, you will own a 700x pro series.

Sounds like someone will eat Align for lunch, because someone looks very hungry.

Great job HH on being hungrier than the mainstay.

Diviner Gregg

FPV Racing Channel . . . new episode every other Friday
Diviner is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 12:15 AM   #177 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I hate how people keep bashing Blade. especially people who don't even own one or have even flown one. WBFAir must be an "expert" or something if he can pick out everything wrong with a helicopter just by looking at the pictures of it or w/e. I don't understand why people are coming to these threads to just bash it. if you're going to just bash it. stay away.

let the people who are actually interested in the product and discussing the product post in these threads.

I for one am greatly interested in these. I know Blade is no SAB Goblin in terms of quality or performance, but they're not bad. HH has great customer service, and I can get parts at my LHS. if I could afford the 550 right now I would get it as soon as it comes out.

I'm looking forward to eventually getting a kit to build, and hope they come out with some more pro series helis.
kuzican is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 12:33 AM   #178 (permalink)
Registered Users

This thread was trolled in force since I last saw it!! Wow!!!

Talk about people with an agenda. And I also hope that all the 550x threads can be merged. No point in having multiple threads on the same subject.

Looking forward to getting some reviews from people who know WAY more then I do about this stuff and are in no way affiliated with blade/eflite.
WH1_T-type is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 12:53 AM   #179 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisconn2 View Post
Why would pick this over a Warp 360 at that price point ?
It does look nice but id take a warp 360 over it any day.

B3NNZ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 01:04 AM   #180 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by upankatz View Post

I think the 500X was put on the back burner so they could make this announcement at OHB.

Here is a video from last years big announcement. Check out the paint scheme.
Orlando Heli Blowout (James Haley) 2011 OHB (5 min 41 sec)
PawnDMonium is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
550 x, 550x, blade, kit, pro series

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in