Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2013, 12:01 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Oh yer just jealous that the BL left u in the lurch again! Haha When r u gonna get a 130x? Might be less hassle

I'm giving u a lil extra time to improve yer smack skills!

You've seen my hyper test flights. I wanna see what your trex has got. I think maybe more stable n sequre where the 450x is light, edgy n toss able.

Any tips for rebuilding servos?
jaybyrd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2013, 04:21 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybyrd View Post
Oh yer just jealous that the BL left u in the lurch again! Haha When r u gonna get a 130x? Might be less hassle

I'm giving u a lil extra time to improve yer smack skills!

You've seen my hyper test flights. I wanna see what your trex has got. I think maybe more stable n sequre where the 450x is light, edgy n toss able.

Any tips for rebuilding servos?
Hey jay,

I will only go up, and not down. Once you have gone bigger, it has a huge advantage for learning to fly better/easier and improvement of your skills go up, not to mention your confidence.

Tips for rebuilding servos, here are some videos that helped me.
How to replace gears on a e-flite DS76 servo on a Blade 300 X (6 min 18 sec)

Blade 300x servo gear replacement (7 min 12 sec)

As for the Trex, it did well on maiden flight today. No vibes, all is balanced and tracking great. I just need to make a small adjustment in the CC esc and it's golden. It's running hitec 5065mg on cyclics and mks ds95i on tail.

My BL is repairable, but can you blame me for putting that on lower priority when flying the 300x and trex450 pro DFC? I will get on repair maybe tomorrow evening, ensure all is well, and probably sell it. You welcome first dibs if you care for it. has lynx swash, lynx solid main shaft, HH solid boom, and Lynx alum tail motor holder with the 47mm lynx blade (orange).

take it easy buddy, be safe and have fun out there

mCPX BL, BL nano, 300x, TREX 450 Pro DFC, Spektrum Dx9, iCharger 206B
dragon79 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2013, 07:01 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Whoa, hold the phone!

Even seasoned professionals would agree the 130x is a great trainer for their bigger byrds!

I have heard more than one pro say they don't mind trying stuff super low that they know they can't do just for fun. It is as advertised, the 130x is about the smallest, cheapest thing that flies like the big boys; locked it, regarding the driven tail. That blurb right there is what keeps me coming back for more.

It has a permanent market as a trainer. For people like me where it was my grail heli, I moved up the latter too quick. I should have treated my new 300x and 450x like a goblin not like a beater 130x, but it served its purpose, nothing is perfect!

Thanks for the servos tips, that's the only part I don't feel super comfortable with, including AR7200BX setup. It sucks because I want to work on rebuilding the 450x now but I'm busy frying bigger fish, soon I hope!
Old 08-17-2013, 07:17 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

The new owners of my LHS made me an "offer I couldn't refuse" and I now own one of these things.

Brought it home and set up my DX8 charged the battery and voila it started to rain. So I gave it a go inside and WHOA! really bad tail vibes(my 130X was NEVER this bad) and I darn near couldn't get it off the floor without it trying to tip over,dang it.

So the weather finally clears and outside I go and with the tipping and spinning this thing is doing I box it up and take it back,the same day I bought it.

The LHS owner happily and with just a few questions exchanges it for another new in the box one and just to be sure we take it out bind it to his DX8 and give it a test fly WOW what a difference! No vibes on spin up and absolutely no tip over tendencies at all,now I am happy.

So far all is good but it does fly different for sure and the BO-105 is starting to grow on me- somewhat,but I do like to fly it. I got some Glacier 450's for it and I can get quite a bit of time out of them. so far I really like them.
raisinjack is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2013, 07:44 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well well well, I'm glad to see another sucker! I mean fellow 4 rotor fanatic!

Mine has a scary right tip over tendency. But has a big left list in a stationary hover.
When I slapped a 2 rotor head on it made it more tipsy on takeoff.

My way to take off is, slowly lift the collective until it starts spinning, then just pop it up to above mid stick and fly, no messing around on the ground.

One thing I like to do with the Red Bull I don't do with the regular 130x is grass landings! Put the nose angled down into the grass to stick it n hit TH. The tail stays out of the grass well.

So what deal did they talk you into to get one in the first place?
I am surprised they exchanged it, normally you have to deal with HH direct at that point. Good deal! Glad you are happy. It's a totally different smooth n easy flying style.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:29 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am just hovering this little one so far but the sound and look is great! Is around 3 min runtime normal for using the recommended 3 cell

Glad to know the left lean is normal!

Jon
RCDeparture is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2013, 07:23 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybyrd View Post
Well well well, I'm glad to see another sucker! I mean fellow 4 rotor fanatic!

Mine has a scary right tip over tendency. But has a big left list in a stationary hover.
When I slapped a 2 rotor head on it made it more tipsy on takeoff.

My way to take off is, slowly lift the collective until it starts spinning, then just pop it up to above mid stick and fly, no messing around on the ground.

One thing I like to do with the Red Bull I don't do with the regular 130x is grass landings! Put the nose angled down into the grass to stick it n hit TH. The tail stays out of the grass well.

So what deal did they talk you into to get one in the first place?
I am surprised they exchanged it, normally you have to deal with HH direct at that point. Good deal! Glad you are happy. It's a totally different smooth n easy flying style.

Well to be honest,the LHS got several in stock and only sold one of them and they are contemplating returning them because no one wants them. So I got a really good price on one plus some parts. And yes I thought HH was going to be my route but they want me to come to them first on issues. They really want to make the customer happy and this is totally different from the previous owner.
raisinjack is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2013, 06:57 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Listed are the parts that are directly compatible from the Red Bull 130X to the regular 130X: (based on Blades website)

Hop Ups:
Metal A gear (BLH3735)
Metal Tail gears (BLH3736A)

Parts:
4x7x2 bearings (2x) (BLH3704)
130X motor (BLH3707)
Servo Pushrods (BLH3708)
Swashplate (BLH3710)
Tail Case (BLH3725)
Tail Rotor Pitch Lever (BLH3726)
1.5x4x1.12 bearings (2x) (BLH3727)
Tail pitch slider (BLH3728)
Torque Tube gears ABCD (BLH3729)
Rear tail gears CD (BLH3736)
1.5x4x2 flanged bearings (2x) (BLH3730)
Tail shaft w/ collar (BLH3731)
Tail rotor blade grips (BLH3732)
Tail rotor blades (BLH3733)
1.5x4x2 bearings (2x) (BLH3734)
Servos (SPMSH2040L\T)
300mAh 7.4V 35C battery (EFLB3002S35)

One thing to mention the tail case on the Red Bull 130X has a little plastic tab that the 130X doesn't, not sure if they changed the mold or what, I think that tab nee to be there to he held int the plastic outer boom. But the parts are listed as the same, but obviously not.

Another thing to think about is some parts are different but compatible, like the main shaft is the same thickness, so the head can be swapped, the main gear can be swapped, etc.

The new main board is basically an upgrade, like there is no reason to not get it if you need a new main board. The only difference is that the gyro gain adjustability has been increased in the lower/negative range with the Red Bull main board. You need to be able to lower the gyro gain lower with the 4 rotor head. Confirmed by a Blade rep.

One other little thing that I have noticed is that the white with yellow stripe tail rotors are the best of the bunch! They are very visible! They are the same size, shape etc. I wish they were readily available to buy/replace.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:09 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is there any advantage or disadvantages of the Red Bull with 4 rotorhead compared to 130x? Better stable hovering, banking or against the wind? It has also been mentioned that stock motor is underpower on Red Bull. My stock 130x handles wind good I am using Glacier 450 mah. I would assume with 4-blades more mass heli will be more stable and cuts wind better.
torch8 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2013, 12:26 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

The regular 130x is a better flying helicopter in all respects. The BO-105 is just a neat looking scale heli. The 4 bladed rotor head was not included to add to the performance of the BO-105 130x, it was included to add to the scale fidelity (at the cost of some performance). I would stick with the 130x if all you are concerned about is flying capability. If you want a scale heli and understand it isn't going to perform like a 3D machine, the BO-105 is great.
RocketDog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2013, 12:35 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDog View Post
The regular 130x is a better flying helicopter in all respects. The BO-105 is just a neat looking scale heli. The 4 bladed rotor head was not included to add to the performance of the BO-105 130x, it was included to add to the scale fidelity (at the cost of some performance). I would stick with the 130x if all you are concerned about is flying capability. If you want a scale heli and understand it isn't going to perform like a 3D machine, the BO-105 is great.
very well said.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:09 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian James View Post
very well said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDog View Post
I'm only for scale heli for scale flying only but was curious as to how it handles the wind. Not concern with performance but ability to fly micro size scale in windy conditions.

So do you think BO-105 with 4 blade rotor-head can handle windy conditions? I'll will be reconfiguring pitch/throttle curve for scale, but may going with 80% to 100% flat throttle curve to add stability and wind handling.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:30 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think there is a performance aspect to be unlocked further!
It needs more power! 3S power?

With the stock Red Bull setup you will quickly notice you want to get into 100% throttle curve asap! It really helps out. The collective is very sensitive to over usage, which presents as motor/rpm bogging. It just takes more practice/control and less pitch travel.

I also tested a 2 rotor head with the grips inverted on the Red Bull chassis, spinning ccw. I hate to say it but it kinda flew a little better, like a Red Bull 130X trainer.

It is just as stable as the 2 rotor version, if not more so. But the lack of power means you need to stay on your toes, watching for wind. It does seem a little tipsy, but I think that is the improved cyclic response with 4 rotors, which can be tuned down in the Tx with more Expo, less D/R.

The fuselage probably does handle the wind better, its more streamlined, the weight and lack or power just need to be accounted for.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:47 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by torch8 View Post
I'm only for scale heli for scale flying only but was curious as to how it handles the wind. Not concern with performance but ability to fly micro size scale in windy conditions.

So do you think BO-105 with 4 blade rotor-head can handle windy conditions? I'll will be reconfiguring pitch/throttle curve for scale, but may going with 80% to 100% flat throttle curve to add stability and wind handling.
The BO-105 is a little heavier, and with the factory settings is more docile so I guess it is fair to say it is more stable than the regular 130x on a stock setup. I've only flown it in 5-10mph conditions (it did fine), so I can't comment on how it would handle a lot of wind.

The fuselage would not help in the wind, if anything it would hurt. It adds a lot of area for the wind to push around. The bigger concern would be the lack of power to get you out of trouble in the wind. I would take my regular 130x out in the wind before the BO-105, but I'm sure the BO-105 would still do okay.
RocketDog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2013, 11:17 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

So my plastic A gear completely stripped all its teeth, after I was speaking so highly about it.

I called HH and they told me the warranty only covers the first first or so. But as a courtesy they are sending a new one and a servo that was not up to par. Plesently surprised!

So I now I am a believer that with the added mass of the kicked up tail a metal A gear is a must! I'm debating whether or not to use the metal tail gears, or at least one.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:20 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm also going 3S with the stock motor and 11T pinion, with lowered throttle travel limits.

Ill keep you updated about the results.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:20 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

So I counted the teeth on the Red Bull main gear, it thought it was 126, but it is confirmed to be 122 teeth.

The stock 130X main gear is 111 teeth.

One other thing I noticed. Around the elevator servo there are 2 screws that go into the frame. It looks like these screws hold the elevator servo towards the rear. I think you can remove these two screws and take the elevator servo out now, without splitting the frame.

Maybe we can modify our original 130X frames to be similar?

The more I dig into the Red Bull 130X the more I like it.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:16 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got my Red Bull today. Wow took some getting use to from 130x. I only want to fly scale with this heli what scale pitch/throttle curve should I try on it?

By the way I crashed this heli more than my 130x during first few flights and haven't stripped any gears.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:30 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes the Red Bull 130x is a lot more indestructible.

Torch8: you should just add more throttle in normal mode. If you look at the first page I put up my throttle curve I'm using.

I saw you wanted to hover at mid stick? Why is that a goal?

You could make a "normal mode" style throttle n pitch curve so you don't have negative pitch, but I think you should keep it somewhat symmetrical if possible. Having it above mid stick to hover is better for thumb muscle memory when you fly another 3D heli.

I fully understand the scale flying bug now. It's fun. It's a little easier. The orientation part is still a challenge for me. The Red Bull 130x is the perfect heli for aerobatic scale flying. I've never practiced flying around in fast forward flight much before, what have I been missing.

I can help you customize a throttle n pitch curve if you tell me what kinda of things u are after. For my regular 130x I have a normal mode setup to barely be able to inverted hover for training. Do u really want to hover at mid stick?
Old 09-11-2013, 01:18 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey jaybyrd I like to do light skid takeout and hover at mid. Gives me more resolutions. No desire for 3D. My 450 heli are using 0,40,60,60,60 and 80% flat throttle curve along with -3,0,5,8,10 pitch curve. Nice scale setup. I take off on Normal and fly/land only in Idle-up.

Fly more aggressive with my MCPx BL but Red Bull like to keep her all scale.

For Red Bull I have not sure since its underpower and heavy for its size. May have to go with 100% flat throttle curve for idle-up.

Tags
130x, 4 rotor head, red bull

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in