Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Compass 7HV, 7HVU and Chronos

Compass 7HV, 7HVU and Chronos Compass Compass 7HV, 7HVU and Chronos Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2012, 05:29 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ya I feel the same.
I was flyin my 7Hv long before Jeff approached me.
I don't rep because I need the discount it's because I believe in the product and would like to see both Compass and RCHeliCanada.com stick around and grow.

Last edited by GimpyGolden; 03-31-2012 at 06:44 PM..
GimpyGolden is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2012, 06:40 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Conflict of interest is all I'm saying. I won't make another mafia comment in the forum, period, for fear of getting voted off the island. You seem like decent guys, but to the outside observer... See first sentence.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:58 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nobody is going to vote you off for voicing your opnion. We all have them and are more then welcome to share.

As for a conflict of interest even if I wasnt wearing the shirt I would still stand behind a product that I liked, you would to.
Sry Trulsen for the off topic.
dankcincy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2012, 12:10 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

OverTemp dont worry we are an all inclusive gang, Even help out trex users

Ill give you two things to think about When it comes to kbdd reps. (not ment as a bash just info).

1) they cant be doing it for the discount, its a very cheap line of products so it won't matter.

2) I bet a bitchslap most took the position because they like the product coupled with amazing service and a their crew is super friendly.

And for me I speak my mind, you don't buy my tonge by sponsorship I earn a million times better on my day job, I do the sponsor thing because I represent things I am very happy with and make another dimention to the hobby I love with a passion. I do not say everyone do it this way but I know one more who answered this thread who do, Ah Clem - I am sure many more do too but I know this man from our many Skype talks and network flights . Still you will get to know us better when you spend time here and see more of that kind of people here. Most of us stood by a product we know is superb in harsh times solly because we ment people really missed out on something which flies great for a reasonable price. I'm not saying the products don't have flaws but they can be easily mended i too get annoyed from 100% bought tongues, its impossible to Get any real feedback or advice from them, but consider a box of apples, if one is bad it does not mean all is

I just think a couple reacted to the quick and harsh words in the initial post before he edited it.

We want all views and people here, but doing a full blowout, especially when targetting people, will ofcourse create a reaction anywhere, i try being objective and to the point. I Even try not answer if provoked until i can answer without bashing, but were all human right?

Trulsen give me a peep on Skype so we can try meet for some flying and I'll have a look at your setup. (I can have a bit of a response time on Skype as either I'm working my arse off or I'm running like a girl after my little one, but you will get response hehe)

Last edited by myrseth; 04-01-2012 at 01:27 AM..
myrseth is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2012, 07:02 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cool. Thanks

On the bright side... 5 flights today Made the generator earn its keep.

A local guy video taped the flight... I'll post it when I get a copy in my thread. I'l really liking how the 7HV flies. Doing new things because it exudes "trust me... we'll make it."
Old 04-14-2012, 02:44 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Issues are still present even with new motor. Even worse sound but the tail is ok now. This make me nuts! Have received a vbar now. Wondering about maybe mount it to get tge vibe analyzer.....

The hunt goes on! Myrseth, im sending you a message on facebook. Doesnt have skype on the pc im using now..
Old 04-15-2012, 06:47 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trulsen View Post
Issues are still present even with new motor. Even worse sound but the tail is ok now. This make me nuts! Have received a vbar now. Wondering about maybe mount it to get tge vibe analyzer.....

The hunt goes on! Myrseth, im sending you a message on facebook. Doesnt have skype on the pc im using now..
Check out pg 17 of the new manual. There is a new tail set-up guide that is head speed and tail blade size specific.
http://www.mttec.de/download/Manual/...l_2_042012.pdf
dankcincy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2012, 12:30 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello again boys! So, i have now installed v-bar and the problems are still present. The heli is set up according to manual and i paid special attention to tail set up. Alll links have been reamed up and goes absolutetly smoothly. One issue is solved and that is the tail wag.

But if i hoover and taking a quick forward flip the tail is not holding what so ever. If i put it from hover tail in into inverted nose in the tail has mooved at least half a round. The problem actually get better with radix 110 but faaaaar from perfect. The only thing left to do is to change out the tail servo. Thats my next try!

I have the jr8717 cyclic, so no HV servos for me. Thinking about bls251, or what do you recommend? Price limit approx 120 usd.. Also will that give me a lot better performance than the ds650?

On the v-bar i only get 12% gain from transmitter using futaba. Thats very low. On my other helis i get around 30-35%. Is that a sign of a bad tail servo?
Old 04-30-2012, 12:31 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

BLS 251 is much nicer than the DS 650. :-)
Old 04-30-2012, 12:40 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

BLS 251 or 8900G.

I have an 8900G on my 7HV and cannot get the tail to blow out.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:43 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

In the vbar using pro sw and vbar gain i have a 100 on the tail and can still crank more. You sure your tail servo is setup right with the right centering freq and such? Im used to have silly high gain values. Last I run with futaba gain I had 48 but that was on the 3d+ (same mechanics).

Never got that message on fb. We should really meet so I can have a look at it.

Edit : With that low gain tail won't hold, just had the same problem on a tiny clone, modified the tail with compass parts hehe. But ent from 20% to 80% gain and tail stopped letting go ton that heli.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:44 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blink 182 View Post
BLS 251 is much nicer than the DS 650. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Clem View Post
BLS 251 or 8900G.

I have an 8900G on my 7HV and cannot get the tail to blow out.

Thanks!! Hope to solve this soon so you guys dont need to listen to my frustrating thread anymore!!

Sent using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-30-2012, 12:47 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrseth View Post
In the vbar using pro sw and vbar gain i have a 100 on the tail and can still crank more. You sure your tail servo is setup right with the right centering freq and such? Im used to have silly high gain values. Last I run with futaba gain I had 48 but that was on the 3d+ (same mechanics).

Never got that message on fb. We should really meet so I can have a look at it.
Yeah im sure.. I have set up this once more with a pilot in our club who is really good at helis. I have had several other helis without one problem at all. No i did not send you message. Forgot about it to be honest

Sent using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-30-2012, 12:56 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm just saying those gain values you have will not hold anything but a hover almost. Gain can be compared to work effort, if mechanics and servos is good the unit can work hard and will result in a very steady tail. If something is wrong you can tell the gyro you want to hold the tail but it's not that important, can correct in between those umbrella drinks and so on (like your gain). You should strive to have 40 or better futaba gain or 90 or better vbar gain to get a solid tail.

Edit: we don't tire easily, I will when I got time write down some material for the tail and hopefully get a sticky on that so people have a reference when trying to solve issues
Old 04-30-2012, 01:15 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I'm just saying those gain values you have will not hold anything but a hover almost. Gain can be compared to work effort, if mechanics and servos is good the unit can work hard and will result in a very steady tail. If something is wrong you can tell the gyro you want to hold the tail but it's not that important, can correct in between those umbrella drinks and so on (like your gain). You should strive to have 40 or better futaba gain or 90 or better vbar gain to get a solid tail.

Edit: we don't tire easily, I will when I got time write down some material for the tail and hopefully get a sticky on that so people have a reference when trying to solve issues

I got like 65 vbar gain now to get no oscillation. I cannot fly with higher gain, then I get oscillations. And I have set the 7HV up according to the manual. So mechanical it is perfect, is it possible that the DS650 is not up to the job? I actually thought it was a great tail servo.
Trulsen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2012, 01:20 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Btw im Klaus on modellflynytt so let's have the convo here so I don't have to double post

The align servo should work, but if it's starting to fail or there is something with it it will not work well. Steinar and HC is flying the mks hv servo while I am running the futaba 251 and we have no issues.

Edit: are you going to pitchbrothers? If not will you be at the f3n quallic competition in 16-17 June? Both places we will be present if we can't find something in between to solve this I suspect your closest man is our man in Lærdal.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:32 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Btw im Klaus on modellflynytt so let's have the convo here so I don't have to double post

The align servo should work, but if it's starting to fail or there is something with it it will not work well. Steinar and HC is flying the mks hv servo while I am running the futaba 251 and we have no issues.

Edit: are you going to pitchbrothers? If not will you be at the f3n quallic competition in 16-17 June? Both places we will be present if we can't find something in between to solve this I suspect your closest man is our man in Lærdal.

Nope, im not a contest flyer. The only thing i am planning is maybe the Viking Smackdown in August. I will buy the BLS251 and give that a try!

Dont think its needed to have one of you to take a look actually. I have to find this out before my hair color start to change from blond to grey
Trulsen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2012, 01:58 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Was just offering some aid to get this solved as soon as possible. The June competition can be fun to be watching pitchbrothers is just a mega funfly/party, so to speak a huge Viking smackdown hehe. Viking went bankrupt last year, will they still hold the funfly?

At any rate, send me email in private and I can send my vbar file to you this evening so you have a reference when going through the setup.

I would consider testing another tailservo to see if you can crank more gain, if so there is something wrong with the one you have.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:08 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Trulsen,

I would very strongly recommend that you get together with Klaus. I have been flying R/C helicopters for 36 years and have learned a very great deal from him (he managed to teach an old dog, new tricks!).

I will bet if he examines it, he will be able to find and resolve the problem.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:47 AM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Is there a compass man in Lærdal?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Synergy N7 / Ikon
skartun is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in