Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2014, 07:13 AM   #81 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by sn00p View Post
Noisy little fecka...

That HS sounds VERY high i dunno i been running the Silent Scorp/Lynx setup for an age now and used to silent flying... It was actually such a noisy vid i stopped watching it.
Definitely not the normal high power gear whine noise. Must be the noise of sloppy motor shaft about to disintegrate.

Notice the CFX is now listed as "Expert" only for experience level? Perhaps it's not because of the CF/metal, not the higher HS, but the fact that squeezing the time bomb motor by over-gearing it such that even if you're at "advanced" level you might still bog the heck out of it. You need to be at "expert" level to be able to 3D it without bogging it to death. And that is if the time bomb motor doesn't give you the right roll of death 1st.
DoubleCH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2014, 07:46 AM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok so everyone is saying the motor isnt changed on it but my 300x motor only says 320 on the sticker. Doesnt the cfx come with a 320h? Im new into this and probably stupid question but just saying. It looks like it has more power in the video too.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:47 AM   #83 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebaker View Post
+1

It's common knowledge that the motor and servos on this thing are shit at best.

I can't believe Blade have gone with the same electronics for this new version

If only they had offered a kit version...
Yeah, but there was another guy that had a problem with his heli and it wasn't Blade, so there.
But I've have so many helis and so many different motors I've lost count. From cheap turnigy motors to Scorpion and never had a problem with any of them until the one that comes in 300x. As far as servos, when I first started, I had some problems with Walkera servos. But I could tell right away that the DS-76 weren't very good servos.
The 300x was a bare minimum platform to put the good AR7200BX on.
barnstorm100 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2014, 07:54 AM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

Same motor..

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...FREaOgodDFIAIA

Plus, with all of the Blade folks responding and commenting here at HF, someone surely would have mentioned if any changes were made to it, or the servos..

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxracing515151 View Post
Ok so everyone is saying the motor isnt changed on it but my 300x motor only says 320 on the sticker. Doesnt the cfx come with a 320h? Im new into this and probably stupid question but just saying. It looks like it has more power in the video too.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:59 AM   #85 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
I think "H" just means helicopter motor. From what I see, all E-Flite motors are named "H" but it doesn't say it on the motor sticker.

It sounds faster because CFX comes with 11T instead of 9T. I've tried 10T with the stock motor (a perfect brand new replacement from HH that hasn't suffered from sloppy motor shaft problem) and despite being higher no-load HS with 10T, it takes more skills to maintain the higher HS to be usable. Power output is still not much better than 9T setup. You just get more rotor momentum from the higher "no-load" HS with reduced torque. With a 11T, you better be an "expert" to be able to use the higher "no-load" HS but even more reduced torque, thus my comment of "expert" experience level stated by Horizon (not just "advanced").
Old 01-30-2014, 08:08 AM   #86 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
You'll find that a company can get a very good rc pilot to make anything look good. Don't believe videos for new products.That guy probably has all his real helis hidden at home
barnstorm100 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2014, 08:12 AM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Users

I do have an extra 450x motor and esc laying around here, I wonder if that with the lynx slant gear and 12t pinion would take it up a notch
Old 01-30-2014, 08:35 AM   #88 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm running a Helidrive SK3 4300kv motor (450 class) governed with a YEP45, its outstanding.... Not sure if it would fit in the stock frame, but it fits fine in the Lynx CF frame.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:40 AM   #89 (permalink)
Registered Users

As long as the motor fits and you dont go over stock head speed I bet you would have an awesome heli. Maybe put some better servos and your set with the monster you thought they should have come out with.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:42 AM   #90 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blade 300 CFX

Quote:
I do have an extra 450x motor and esc laying around here, I wonder if that with the lynx slant gear and 12t pinion would take it up a notch

From what I read, the 440h motor is not much better than the 320h motor. You can head to 450x forums to see what they say about it. Only person who praise it is centurian afaik. The 450h motor, on the other hand, is a good motor.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:54 AM   #91 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok so go 440h in it. I like this buy. I tried to put a big motor on the stock frame and just ran into problem after problem. Here they offer something that will be strong enough to upgrade with ease, that already has 90 percent of the aluminum youd end up buying for it anyway. Preorder clicked
Old 01-30-2014, 08:55 AM   #92 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeScraper View Post
The X2 is also much higher quality not arguable.

Sent from my Gaui X3 using my Dx6i
just the belt design alone on the 300X makes it better than an X2. The X2's belt has the tiniest , nubbiest teeth on it. My belt slipped 3 times before i sold it, and that was with custom machined pulley's from a helifreak member in europe. And i got it when it came out, so i waited 6 weeks for parts when i crashed.

also when you crash, the jesus bolt get's stuck in the head.

my bad list for the X2:
-bad belt choice/ tooth design
-hanging battery plate
-no nut for the jesus bolt
-glue on pinion
-no thrust bearings anywhere
-weak/thin/expensive landing gear
-and maybe they fixed this, but, the hole sizes on the main grips was severely affected by plating, the bearings would get pinched.

i really like gaui, but the X2 Iis a turd. My X5 was one my most favorite heli's, it's the only one i regret selling. The X3 looks really awesome.
P.I.Engineer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2014, 09:36 AM   #93 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyjohnston View Post
For one, its pointless to debate about the anecdotal accounts / postings. You very well could of had a defective motor and servo and did nothing wrong. If the heli crashed due to the motor failure, it could of damaged the servo.

Your post comes across as trying to bash the product which seems to be a pattern. The perception you are giving is that the motor failure rate is 100%. As I pointed out earlier, the topics in the manufacture forums are typically problems but is not a true indicator of the product. Like you, I dont know the failure rate of the motor or servos, but what I do know is the majority of every manufacture sections contains more post on problems then success stories. One guy in the 450X forum was under the impression that if he hover his brand new 450X that the electronics would "shut down and ruin all of his servos", you seen the post. For example, I see you have a DS95i tail servo ($80.00), my stock servo ($19.00) is less expensive. For my flying style, the stock tail servo performs fine and does everything I want it to do. Most people dont need a $80.00 tail servo and dont want to spend the money. I know I sure dont.

I wasn't pawning off that every manufacture has problems. I was simply pointing out the nature of the forums, which I believe I made my point. I'm flying both of mine 450X's with success and having fun. This is my personal experience.
If saying I think that EFlite electronics are cheap quality and prone to failure at a higher rate than most of the competition is bashing the product then I guess I'm guilty. And if anyone asks me what I think I'll tell them that, so the pattern will continue.

Look...you can continue treating this as some kind of corporate damage control or you can have some understanding that my experience with some EFlite & Parkzone products has been less than stellar and sympathize with my position. Either way it's not going to change the way I feel about Horizon's product quality. It's not just this one heli that I've had electronics issues with. I've had similar electronics problems with a couple of my Parkzone planes and several micro helicopters as well. I don't feel this way because I want to be an a-hole. It's because I feel like I've been burned on more than one occasion.

Last edited by Nelsonisms; 01-30-2014 at 12:55 PM.. Reason: grammar
Nelsonisms is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2014, 09:41 AM   #94 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think that ppl should look at the 300 for what it is, its a cheapish 3d capable heli, there is enough vids that shows what ppl with real skill can do with it...

I dont think the taget customer is a 3d master with thumbs on fire! I think its more me, a pilot just starting to move the simulator and micro skills to something bigger (sport or 3d)...

Theres probably tons they could have done with the cfx, but at what pricetag? I think most people that upgrades the current 300x would still get different stuff even if they had changed the electronics... just had to pay a bit more for the "canvas"...

Is it good enough to have as just an airframe or is it still tons of work to make it fly like a gaui? Maybe getting a gaui is the better option if its $500 to get it there?

I like mine, I will give it some love to get rid of some of the issues and add to the fun but not crazy money. I'm really curious about the frame for my 300...
Old 01-30-2014, 09:42 AM   #95 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just called hh they said release date is late april to may
Old 01-30-2014, 09:46 AM   #96 (permalink)
Registered Users

[QUOTE=DoubleCH;5607137]I think "H" just means helicopter motor. From what I see, all E-Flite motors are named "H" but it doesn't say it on the motor sticker.
QUOTE]

Oh i thought the H was for "HEAP OF SHITE"

Sorry i couldnt resist
Old 01-30-2014, 10:31 AM   #97 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.I.Engineer View Post
just the belt design alone on the 300X makes it better than an X2. The X2's belt has the tiniest , nubbiest teeth on it. My belt slipped 3 times before i sold it, and that was with custom machined pulley's from a helifreak member in europe. And i got it when it came out, so i waited 6 weeks for parts when i crashed.

also when you crash, the jesus bolt get's stuck in the head.

my bad list for the X2:
-bad belt choice/ tooth design
-hanging battery plate
-no nut for the jesus bolt
-glue on pinion
-no thrust bearings anywhere
-weak/thin/expensive landing gear
-and maybe they fixed this, but, the hole sizes on the main grips was severely affected by plating, the bearings would get pinched.

i really like gaui, but the X2 Iis a turd. My X5 was one my most favorite heli's, it's the only one i regret selling. The X3 looks really awesome.
I can't disagree that the X2 has craptons of issues... in fact, after reading all the Hurrican255/200/X2 forums, I decided to avoid Gaui X2 size helis. My X3 is just pure awesome. Can't wait for the X3 Formula if they make one.

sure the X2 has many issues, but it in general (key phrase: in general) is higher quality than the 300X. Much better electronics (not the best but better than E-Flite) and more durable parts (for the most part) The X2 Formula is supposed to be much better than the original X2.
BladeScraper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2014, 10:36 AM   #98 (permalink)
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livan75 View Post
I think that ppl should look at the 300 for what it is, its a cheapish 3d capable heli, there is enough vids that shows what ppl with real skill can do with it...

I dont think the taget customer is a 3d master with thumbs on fire! I think its more me, a pilot just starting to move the simulator and micro skills to something bigger (sport or 3d)...

Theres probably tons they could have done with the cfx, but at what pricetag? I think most people that upgrades the current 300x would still get different stuff even if they had changed the electronics... just had to pay a bit more for the "canvas"...

Is it good enough to have as just an airframe or is it still tons of work to make it fly like a gaui? Maybe getting a gaui is the better option if its $500 to get it there?

I like mine, I will give it some love to get rid of some of the issues and add to the fun but not crazy money. I'm really curious about the frame for my 300...
I couldn't agree more. I listen to people bag on the 300x and it amazes me. What do you expect for an entry level 3D capable heli?

You can claim the micros fill the entry level void but they don't. They are good trainers to start with but when you are ready to jump up to the next level the 300x gives you a way of doing that. I would have liked to have seen them address the motor issue. Maybe not change to a more powerful motor but at least fix the motor problem they currently have. Which who knows maybe they did.
xokia is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2014, 11:47 AM   #99 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Re: Blade 300 CFX

E-Flite outrunners has ALWAYS suffered from the same issue since B400 and probably even further back. People are still buying their helis and there are still the same old talks about wishing they use better quality. I don't expect Blade to do anything differently. I certainly hope my prediction is wrong.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Old 01-30-2014, 12:36 PM   #100 (permalink)
Registered Users

[QUOTE=xokia;5607462]I couldn't agree more. I listen to people bag on the 300x and it amazes me. What do you expect for an entry level 3D capable heli?

I'm not bagging on the Heli at all, it is what it is..
I like a burger for 5-6 bucks, but when some clown calls it filet mignon and charges me $29.99, not so much.

What do I expect from an entry level 3D "capable" heli?

A price point that mirrors its value, both functionally and financially. This heli does neither, and to ME only makes sense if you cant live without it.
rodo1268 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in