Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Henseleit

Henseleit Henseleit Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2012, 01:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Electronics??

Pyro motor which one ? (shaft length ?)
Jive ESC which one ? (80 HV or 120 HV cooling sink ??)
Cyclic servos which ones ?
Rudder servo which one ?
V-Bar full size or Mini ??
mmarian is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2012, 03:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

- 52 standard shaft
- Helijive 120HV with heat sink
- personal preference (I'd go for Futaba 451 or 351)
- personal preference (BLS251)
- personal preference (full size, although mounting is a bit tricky)
AcidDrink is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2012, 11:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can't go wrong by reading the manual posted on Jan's website, he makes recommendations which are similar to those just posted.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by husafreak View Post
Can't go wrong by reading the manual posted on Jan's website, he makes recommendations which are similar to those just posted.
I appreciate your advice and if I am not mistaken Jan recommends either Jive 120HV or 80HV, so I guess what I wanted to hear on this thread are the pros and cons of choosing one over the other. I know that I can always choose the more powerful one but the price difference is almost $200 and I'd like to know if the 80HV would be sufficient (not stick banging just sport), especially with the heat sink attached and or maybe the aussiemick duct in place to help the ventilation and air flow through the canopy? The PYRO 700-52 seems to be the preferred joice, the 451 and 251 seem to be the preferred servos and as for the V-Bar, well Mini or full size???
mmarian is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2012, 05:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

It was discussed several times (we should really make some sticky about that), but the 80HV is enough for the Pyro, exactly as the manual says.
But, if there is any chance you will want a stronger motor, get 120HV.
Even with the Pyro, the short current spikes on the motor (logged by JLog) can go up to 180A.
Scorpion motors get to 220-260A easily.
It is more about heat then the rating with the Kontronik, in closed canopy, my "record" is 92 degrees in summer, where the Jive shut down at 100.
Also, the HeliJive 120 have some nice features like bailout and Vbar gov mode, which the standart Jive 80HV does not have, think about that.
You should be able to use Vbar gov with the Pyro, which should improve the power a bit.
Some users reported tiny bit better performance from BLS253, but the 451 is cheaper with the same level of perfomance.
Mini is a nice fit, it is flying well also with the black mini, but i would go fullsize, because only one wire from the sensor should be better (and Vbar gov can be used on the mini only if you have serial line receivers).
Best way to mount it is G-Bru mount with double gyro plate (or on the tail servo if you have nothing against it, as manual says).
- TDR #2, Scorpion 4525LE, PowerJive, MKS HBL950/980, Vbar
- TDR #1 (stock, sold at 700+ flights), e-Revo, Protos 500, Jeti DS14
jointer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in