Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2010, 08:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Sometimes, you just wanna quit.

So, I've had a week from heli's... After my awesome 600 RX pack failure followed by a prompt burnt piston I was pretty shooken up and rather discouraged and hung up the hat for a week. Besides, I was stuck waiting on a order I made 4 weeks ago from slow-ass hobbyking with two sets of cheapo blades for both birds (for dialing in flights, no more smashing good blades for me). Last night I pulled an all nighter, waiting for Alex's servers DNS to click through, I grabbed the 500 and rebuilt her from scratch. Everything was nailed perfectly, I mean perfectly.

Today went to my brothers for a BBQ, he has a field behind his house, no one was around besides a few kids watching on their porch, didn't really care one way or another. The day started great! Plug in the battery, throttle hold on, throttle stick at lowest position, and idle up off. Walk away turn around, pull the throttle hold off and the blades start spinning, while the throttle stick is at essentially "off". Checked the throttle curves, checked the monitor, checked the motor cables, what the hell! Went through everything and it was like the throttle channel was reversed.

Restarted it all back up again. All was good, weird. Spooled up, took off, ahhh perfect tail was bang on, little wag on end of inputs, lowered the gain all solid. Threw it in head holding - all good. YAY!

Kicked the idle up switch on, was going to check the punch-outs to see if it was all straight to dial in the setup, she goes into a sudden flip, than rolls out of control, smash. Stupid subzero arms decided to loose their "bite", she completely was like a dead servo situation, more or less the cyclic could slop around as pleased and the horn had no bite. Damage was minimal in a sense, cheapo blades, servo gears, boom.

I'm at the point I just wanna sell it all or bin it and give up all together, seems every effing time I plug in the battery or crank an effing motor, get into a tail in hover some sort of effing mechanical or electrical failure occurs. Love this hobby to death, crash is all part of the fun, but EVERY time on the first 30 seconds of the flight due to a freaking failure? I think out of the last 20 crashes, only 3 were dumb thumbs. I'm no idiot, when it comes to building either, just rotten with luck. I think only one of the failures was my fault as I had overspray from WD40 one day when I was working on something beside the helis.

Crappy part is I'm flat-ass broke and can't afford anything now. Sigh.

Here are the pictures of the 600 RX pack fail, after what happen and the engine damage and tail blades chewed and rud servo failed (if I did get to fly, obviously would have been WORSE!). Also the 500 after the crash. So now I'm out a piston, ring, rudder servo, engine fan, servo gears. Yeeaaah!!!

Last edited by B2TheEYo; 06-24-2010 at 01:02 AM..
B2TheEYo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2010, 09:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Sometimes, you just wanna quit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2TheEYo
So, I've had a week from heli's... After my awesome 600 RX pack failure followed by a prompt burnt piston I was pretty shooken up and rather discouraged and hung up the hat for a week. Besides, I was stuck waiting on a order I made 4 weeks ago from slow-ass hobbyking with two sets of cheapo blades for both birds (for dialing in flights, no more smashing good blades for me). Last night I pulled an all nighter, waiting for Alex's servers DNS to click through, I grabbed the 500 and rebuilt her from scratch. Everything was nailed perfectly, I mean perfectly.

Today went to my brothers for a BBQ, he has a field behind his house, no one was around besides a few kids watching on their porch, didn't really care one way or another. The day started great! Plug in the battery, throttle hold on, throttle stick at lowest position, and idle up off. Walk away turn around, pull the throttle hold off and the blades start spinning, while the throttle stick is at essentially "off". Checked the throttle curves, checked the monitor, checked the motor cables, what the hell! Went through everything and it was like the throttle channel was reversed.

Restarted it all back up again. All was good, weird. Spooled up, took off, ahhh perfect tail was bang on, little wag on end of inputs, lowered the gain all solid. Threw it in head holding - all good. YAY!

Kicked the idle up switch on, was going to check the punch-outs to see if it was all straight to dial in the setup, she goes into a sudden flip, than rolls out of control, smash. Stupid subzero arms decided to loose their "bite", she completely was like a dead servo situation, more or less the cyclic could slop around as pleased and the horn had no bite. Damage was minimal in a sense, cheapo blades, servo gears, boom.

I'm at the point I just wanna sell it all or bin it and give up all together, seems every effing time I plug in the battery or crank an effing motor, get into a tail in hover some sort of effing mechanical or electrical failure occurs. Love this hobby to death, crash is all part of the fun, but EVERY time on the first 30 seconds of the flight due to a freaking failure? I think out of the last 20 crashes, only 3 were dumb thumbs. I'm no idiot, when it comes to building either, just rotten with luck. I think only one of the failures was my fault as I had overspray from WD40 one day when I was working on something beside the helis.

Crappy part is I'm flat-ass broke and can't afford anything now. Sigh.

Here are the pictures of the 600 RX pack fail, after what happen and the engine damage and tail blades chewed and rud servo failed (if I did get to fly, obviously would have been WORSE!). Also the 500 after the crash. So now I'm out a piston, ring, rudder servo, engine fan, servo gears. Yeeaaah!!!

That just flat out sucks, Mike. Been there myself and it flat out sucks when you get stuck there. My sympathies, my friend.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Damn Mike - that SUX !

Sounds like you're having a run of my sort of luck. ;-(

Then again, my 'luck' is mainly caused by the simple fact that I haven't got a clue what I'm doing most of the time. :-P

Stick with it mate, things have to get better soon. :-)
Old 05-02-2010, 09:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Its the money that makes it hard and I hate to hear you are have a stiff run. Tight on funds and a run of bad luck together is enough to make you want to hang it up altogether. Just sit back, have a shot, and take a breather for a minute.
GAUI 200 (under reconstruction)
Trex 450 (sponsered by Pittjitsu)
creteus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2010, 09:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry to hear that. My helo crashed today too and I am just gutted. I just have to remind myself how cool it is in the moments I am actually flying.
NAXAKSTA is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2010, 01:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cheers guys, the 500 was ready to rock last night despite lacking servo gears for one cyclic servo.

I think I'm just gonna list her for sale with all the parts and spares and go steady with the 600. Get a small beater next month, to trash around, I'd say a 450 but those are expensive bastards truthfully speaking.
B2TheEYo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in