Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2015, 01:10 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yeah that sucks for sure. You dont want to fly it till you get sorted first. Otherwise you might replace much more than a shaft or 2. Ask my $50 SpinBlades that were smashed due to tip over takeoff caused by a bent main shaft.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2015, 01:17 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

What kind of transmitter do you run if you don't mind my asking
k4rn1v00l is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2015, 01:23 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

A Walkera Devo 10 white edition. I had a DX6i before.
Old 01-31-2015, 03:55 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Yea! View Post
Yeah that sucks for sure. You dont want to fly it till you get sorted first. Otherwise you might replace much more than a shaft or 2. Ask my $50 SpinBlades that were smashed due to tip over takeoff caused by a bent main shaft.
+1

Wait for the shafts and make sure everything runs smooth, its not worth taking a chance and freaking out the FBL..

Tight meshes in the tail gears will vibrate like mad, so make sure all is running smooth...
Old 01-31-2015, 07:11 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My 450 is like that too, same exact thing.
It still flies great, though.
If it gets worse i'll probably look into swapping the main shaft but for the moment i'm happy with it, the BeastX responds great and doesn't do anything funky even with that wobble in the swash.
(1) Align Trex 450 Pro ( )
daver18qc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2015, 07:41 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm kind of surprised align would have that issue with their kits. A bad swash plate? There's no excuse for that. Yes I'll order a new swashplate and main shaft and if it doesn't fix it I'm just going to do what you did and just fly it anyway
Old 01-31-2015, 09:42 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

(Forgot to say that i bought it used though, don't know if it's a factory defect or not in my particular case!)
(1) Align Trex 450 Pro ( )
daver18qc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2015, 07:32 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ive had a few different align swashes and they all seem to have a bit of slop. At first they might be tight but after a flight or two the slop starts. So instead of buying align swashes ive started buying tarots dfc swashes and they dont seem to have any slop so far and they are half the price as aligns.

(I.Y.A.O.Y.A.S.)
alyon187 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2015, 07:15 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

My swash does the same. The plastic part that holds the ball is not "perfectly" centered. I tried disassembling the swash, because I believed the plastic bit was two pieces sandwiched that could be adjusted. I couldn't get it apart to see...

The heli fly's fine. I do suspect that it could be bad on the servos though...
Sefrez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2015, 05:34 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine does the same as well. Mine was a new kit and I even contacted aligntrexstore about it before flying it. They said that the slop was normal and all the swashes have it so I have just been flying mine. I did buy a new align swash and it has the same slop in it. Ill take a vid of mine maybe tomorrow. Mine is flying great so far just trying to figure out the tuning on the gpro.
Martinshelis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2015, 03:25 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't think the OP's problem is with slop. I think it is centering of the ball that the shaft goes through in the upper swash. That is my problem which is causing what I see in the video.

I do consider a little slop normal, but this is a fixed predictable oscillation of the swash as the shaft rotates, not caused by random movement due to slop.
Sefrez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2015, 03:27 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

I been flying mine even after I posted the video havnt noticed and bad effects
Old 05-26-2015, 05:27 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sefrez View Post
I don't think the OP's problem is with slop. I think it is centering of the ball that the shaft goes through in the upper swash. That is my problem which is causing what I see in the video.

I do consider a little slop normal, but this is a fixed predictable oscillation of the swash as the shaft rotates, not caused by random movement due to slop.

Mine is the same as the one in the video. Flys with no noticeable side effects. On spool down it has a slight vibration though.
Old 06-14-2015, 07:27 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ive just noticed that my align swash that I got recently does this but a little worse. I think it was causing my blades to go in and out of tracking and cause erratic collective changes without any real input. I switched it to a tarot dfc swash and really tgink I might be done w aligns swash for now. 30 bucks a pop and they all have slop in them. Tarots are half the price and seem to have alot less play. Just my two cents though.

(I.Y.A.O.Y.A.S.)
Old 06-14-2015, 07:39 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyon187 View Post
Ive just noticed that my align swash that I got recently does this but a little worse. I think it was causing my blades to go in and out of tracking and cause erratic collective changes without any real input. I switched it to a tarot dfc swash and really tgink I might be done w aligns swash for now. 30 bucks a pop and they all have slop in them. Tarots are half the price and seem to have alot less play. Just my two cents though.
+! My align swash was doing the same thing minus the tracking. Collective stick position was not the same all the time. I just got a tarot swash in the mail and installed yesterday. It definitely has a lot less play/slop in it. The tarot swash should solve that problem.
Old 06-15-2015, 07:53 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Could you notice a difference in flight?

(I.Y.A.O.Y.A.S.)
Old 06-15-2015, 08:00 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Could you notice a difference in flight?
I haven't flown it yet. But I am sure it is going to make a difference. If its not raining when I get home I might test it today.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:23 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

W my align swash installed my heli would drop w little to no collective input and then it would take quite a bit of collective to get it back to where it was before. It felt like it had expo on the collective around center. Very weird feeling.

Now w new dampers, thrust bearings, slop free wash it is very sensitive on the collective. Doesnt take much of an input and it jumps right to it. Much better than the align swash at half the price!

(I.Y.A.O.Y.A.S.)
Old 06-15-2015, 11:53 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
W my align swash installed my heli would drop w little to no collective input and then it would take quite a bit of collective to get it back to where it was before. It felt like it had expo on the collective around center. Very weird feeling.

Now w new dampers, thrust bearings, slop free wash it is very sensitive on the collective. Doesnt take much of an input and it jumps right to it. Much better than the align swash at half the price!
Thats exactly how mine was behaving.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in