Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters

Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2012, 10:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hirobo Shuttle - $?

One of my dad's co workers has a nearly new Hirobo Shuttle, we assume from 1985.
It apparently was hardly ever flown.
Has an old Futaba AM radio setup with mechanical gryo (never installed apparently), OS Max 32 engine, Hirobo pipe.
It does appear to have suffered a LIGHT boom strike a few years ago when my dads co worker attempted to fly it, and landed it hard, causing the boom strike. It does not appear to have impared the boom's ability to do what it needs however. It is just dented.
Everything including the blades are original.

What would something like this old monster be worth? He said he is trying to sell it, but has no idea what it would be worth selling for!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2012, 08:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok. I will jump in on this.

This heli's value is dependent on how much someone really wants to add it to their collection. Often a model will have fond memories of learning to fly (or learning to crash) or a family member or friend.

I have been known to pay way more than a model is "worth" because I really wanted that particular model at that time.

And at other times I got a "steal" because no one else was interested. The value of your heli is reduced due to the damage. But it is fixable.

Post pictures and we can give you a better idea of a reasoable selling price range.
tutelarRC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2012, 11:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Of course it is only worth what someone will pay - for whatever reasons.
I have no idea for any parts availability or anything else on this ancient monster. My dad is tempted to buy it, if nothing else, just for the engine and the starter that come with it.
I will try to post pictures tomorrow.

Again, this is NOT a for sale thread, this is an inquiry thread!!

My brother and I were at the RC swap meet in Lebanon, PA here this past Saturday, and found an old Midwest Products Aerostar 40 airplane kit. Completely unbuilt, completely intact.
We bought it for 30 bucks. The sticker from 25 years ago still had 89.99 on it in old ink. The sticker fell off when touched. We got it because it is what my dad first had 25 years ago! I remember him letting me fly that thing once in a while when I was 8 years old! The guy could have charged 100 bucks and we would have bought it probably, just becuase of what it was and what I remember of it. My dad's eyes lit up when he saw the box!
Old 03-15-2012, 06:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

NIce find on the weekend! I hope your Dad and you enjoy the kit. And if you put in a modern power plant (electric?) and electronics, you will probably be amazed at how well it flies.

Looking forward to seeing the pics.
tutelarRC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2012, 11:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

So a new Shuttle is $190 without engine and $322 with engine.
http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/index.php?cPath=330_331_39

An original Shuttle may be of interest to someone, if only because it appears to be one of the longest running lines of RC helis:
http://www.vrhc.co.uk/RC%20Helicopte...le/Shuttle.htm

Otherwise, worth only a couple of hundred dollars (IMO).
tutelar-rc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in